Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Comments

• Tipp FM is the number one choice for adults in the Premier County with over 71,000 people tuning into the station each week.
    The latest JNLR – IPSOS – MRBI listenership figures show the award-winning station continues to rank among the top most listened to local stations in the country.
    Listeners are also choosing to listen to Tipp FM for longer periods with the stations Market-Share increasing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

From what I can see every radio station is up ? Really ? How’s that done ? Fake News ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Expunge

From the Sunday Times (most of it is behind a paywall)....

Corruption expert Elaine Byrne sues Tipp FM over Michael Lowry claims

The European Commission’s Irish expert on corruption has launched High Court defamation proceedings against Tipp FM over interviews with local TD Michael Lowry and his solicitor.

Elaine Byrne, who is a barrister and newspaper columnist, wrote a 2013 story in the Sunday Independent based on a recording of a conversation between Lowry and Kevin Phelan, a land agent. The story prompted a Revenue investigation into Lowry that culminated in the Tipperary TD being convicted last year of tax offences.

• I think Andrew Looby proves that you dont need 2/3 presenters on a breakfast show..He has a bit of fun,has a good sense of humour,that dosent sound forced.He is probably one of the best breakfast solo presenters Tipp FM has had...

I think Andrew Looby proves that you dont need 2/3 presenters on a breakfast show..He has a bit of fun,has a good sense of humour,that dosent sound forced.He is probably one of the best breakfast solo presenters Tipp FM has had...

You sound like you work there . Any chance you do the Breakfast Show ? Lol

• Advertisement

• From Tipp FM news
    The proposed acquisition of Tipp FM and its sister station Clare FM by Radio Kerry Holdings will not be proceeding.

The move was first proposed earlier this year but is not now going ahead as negotiations between both parties ended without agreement.

Tipp FM Managing Director Liam O’Shea says the deal was given every chance to proceed – however he has ambitious plans for the station.

Looking at the Clare FM/TippFM website where it says owners are Radio Kerry Holdings.The deal must have been close to being sealed.

• Tipp FM remains the most listened to radio station in the Premier County.

The latest JNLR – IPSOS – MRBI listenership figures have been released with 85% of people in Ireland choosing to listen to radio for an average of 4 hours each day.

According to the national survey this compares to 53% using social media and 29% of the population who buy a national newspaper
    Tipp FM has maintained its listenership stronghold across the Premier County with over 67,000 people listening each week.

People are also choosing to listen to Tipp FM for longer periods with a 2% increase in Market Share.
    But looking back to the JNLR survey of May, they had 71,000 listening each week..

Did I see on FB that TippFM have lost their Head Of News Trudy Waters ?
    Who’s replacing her ? Where is she going to ?

johnplayer wrote: »

How could we know what you saw on facebook?

• Advertisement

• johnplayer wrote: »

News Editor Position:

This is an exciting opportunity for a News Editor to help steer and shape our On Air & Online output of local, national and international news coverage for Tipp FM.

This role will be instrumental in ensuring that Tipp FM are at the forefront of the latest News in Tipp and beyond.

I see the morning chat show is now finished at 11..I would imagine that would be one of the most listened to shows of the day,I wonder why they cut it by an hour..It seems the hour between 11 and 12 is pre recorded...I also read former Tipp FM boss Paul Byrne was inducted into the IMRO Radio Awards Hall of Fame,and he will stand down as CEO of radio Kerry at the end of the year..A great achievement to get the IMRO Award..

• Tipp FM remains the number one choice for adults in the Premier County.

The latest JNLR – IPSOS – MRBI listenership figures show there are over 69,000 people tuning into the award winning station each week.

This is an increase of 4,000 listeners over the last 12 months.

• Tipp FM have shown once again that they are consistently the number one choice for adults in the Premier County with over 70,000 people tuning into the award winning station each week.

This is an increase of 1,000 listeners from the survey recorded in the last three months.

The stations flagship show, Tipp Today continues to be the most listened to show in the County with an average of 21,000 adults tuning in every fifteen minutes.

Preparations are well under way for the stations coverage of the General Election this weekend, with Tipp FM providing unrivaled commentary and analysis on Sunday of each twist and turn in what promises to be one of the most hotly contested elections in many

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Big weekend for TippFM . No doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

Tipp FM[...]70,000 people tuning into the award winning station each week.
    I was curious about the listenership trend history. I put the figures below in case anyone is interested.

Date reported by Tipp FM - Listeners per week - trending up or down
    Jul. 2016 - 63k - n/a
    Apr. 2017 - 71k - up
    Oct. 2017 - 67k - down
    Oct. 2018 - 65k - down
    Feb. 2019 - 68k - up
    May 2019 - 71k - up
    Aug. 2019 - 67k - down
    Oct. 2019 - 69k - up
    Feb. 2020 - 70k - up

It will be interesting to see if the current upswing can beat the 71k peak reached in 2017 and 2019. The bigger challenge will be to maintain the increase.

Sources:
    http://tippfm.com/tag/jnlr/
    http://tippfm.com/news/tipp_fm_listenership_boost_in_latest_jnlr_figures/
    http://tippfm.com/featured-2/tipp-fm-perform-well-latest-listener-ship-survey/

Well done to TippFM on their Election coverage . It was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

johnplayer wrote: »
    Well done to TippFM on their Election coverage . It was excellent.

Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 20 weedened

I hope tony will be back with the Country and Irish in the evenings at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

he is very good. I miss him too. Hopefully he will be back soon.

• Advertisement

• Just before covid arrived they were looking for a programme manager/content creator/presenter..That is probably on hold now because of less money coming for adverts..They may leave things they way they are,because 12 to 2 is not live..That presenter is with Clare FM..The lunch time guy now does 2 to 6,and shades of green with a change of presenter from 6 to 9,and I dont think the show after that is live..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Expunge

Stephen Keogh
    @keoghshow
    Dad, Hubby, Radio / TV with SK Media. Content Controller at
    @TippFM|
    Manager @GreatestHitsIE & @CountryHitsIE
    | Marathon runner | Own views.

According to Stephen Keogh's Twitter, he's the Content Controller of Tipp FM......

"Stephen Keogh
    @keoghshow

Aug 25
    Some news. Delighted to be joining
    @TippFM
    as Content Director from next Monday. Can’t wait to get started!"

I’m not sure that’s true about the person you mentioned Steven Keogh . I texted someone I know there and they say it’s the first they’ve heard about any such appointment ?

• After the post saying it was on his twitter account..I just checked that,and his FB page..He says Tipp Fm is his new gig/adventure...

Wow . Very interesting . Best of luck to him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ Raymond Mushy Text

weedened wrote: »
    I hope tony will be back with the Country and Irish in the evenings at some stage.
    Is Tony gone?i was driving near Clonmel yesterday and pcked up a lady with the country show. It says sponsored by the council

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is Tony gone?i was driving near Clonmel yesterday and pcked up a lady with the country show. It says sponsored by the council

he has been cocooning due.

Only catch the programme the odd time recently, haven't heard of if/when he is coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Tipp mid west - Cher, The Beautiful South and The Cure, fine young cannibals.

TippFM - diddley diddley diddley diddley eye

Former = great music
    Latter= who listens to that ****e?

• Tipp mid west - Cher, The Beautiful South and The Cure, fine young cannibals.

TippFM - diddley diddley diddley diddley eye

Former = great music
    Latter= who listens to that ****e?

Tipp mid west has its share of diddley diddley diddley diddley eye as well..All stations do..

• Advertisement

Tipp mid west has its share of diddley diddley diddley diddley eye as well..All stations do..

I have come across a Tipperary online radio station..Its called pure radio..Anyone know who is involved in this..I have listened a few times,I havent heard any presenters..They have 90s,oldies and a country music stream..

Advertisement