Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

An post delays

• 28-11-2020 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Has anyone noticed delays with an post in the last week or two. On Monday i received texts telling me they will deliver my amazon parcels in 3 working days but there is still no sign of them. Tracking shows them stuck in dublin mail centre since then. I live in Tipperary if it makes any difference.

I do no there extremely busy and am not giving out. I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed and if they had heard anything else from an post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

I posted 2 small parcels a couple of weeks ago & neither have arrived. Both within Ireland - 1 from one part of Dublin to another! I asked at the post office & they said post is seriously delayed - mail taking between 2-3 weeks within Ireland. Am having second thoughts about sending Christmas cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

New2Dubs wrote: »
    I posted 2 small parcels a couple of weeks ago & neither have arrived. Both within Ireland - 1 from one part of Dublin to another! I asked at the post office & they said post is seriously delayed - mail taking between 2-3 weeks within Ireland. Am having second thoughts about sending Christmas cards.

Feck I hope not have done all the xmas gift shopping on line this year and am waiting on a fair few parcels to arrive. 2 are in Dublin hub since Monday was hoping Id definitely have them todayðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

lulublue22 wrote: »
    Feck I hope not have done all the xmas gift shopping on line this year and am waiting on a fair few parcels to arrive. 2 are in Dublin hub since Monday was hoping Id definitely have them todayðŸ™

I've had a parcel stuck in Dublin Parcel Hub - since the 25th of November.

Another parcel is stuck with Hermes in the UK for more than a week

Most stuff seems to be getting through within 2 weeks - however based on what I've seen I reckon the last day for post for xmas is going to be about the 10th of December this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

I have an enterprise account with AnPost and received this from our rep yesterday.

Dear Customer,

As you are aware ecommerce parcels volume has increased significantly since the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic as Irish shoppers adopted online eCommerce in greater numbers in response to public health recommendations of staying at home as much as possible.

Since we entered Level 5 of the Irish government's Plan for living with Covid-19 and the related closure of most retail outlets in Ireland, we are experiencing an earlier than usual start of the traditional Christmas peak shopping season with further increases of parcels volume through the An Post Commerce's delivery network.

For these reasons, An Post Commerce is currently operating a delivery service of an average of 3 days nationwide and up to 5 days in specific locations such as Cork city As county.

As a front line service, An Post Commerce has continued to deliver your parcels during this period despite the ongoing operational challenges and process changes that had to be implemented in order to protect its employees and customers.

***** Removed for privacy

As the COVID-19 situation remains fluid, your account manager will continue to update you with service level updates as required.
    Many thanks for your understanding during these challenging times.

Yours sincerely,

From personal experence checking on all the outgoing parcels Portlaoise is basically a black hole, 95% your package will vanish in Portlaoise for a long time, but it will eventually make it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 joebass

I posted 3 items on the 23rd of November with An Post via standard post.

1 turned up after 6 days
    Another turned up Friday (the 4th)
    Still waiting for the 3rd to turn up (dealing currently with the adverts buyer demanding a refund)

An Post and Parcel Motel have both been bad.

It really has been crazy delays. The black friday sales being a week long, and the usual Christmas shopping now mostly being online has really overloaded these already not so great services.

On the plus side, I did get some free stuff after unusually long delays with deliveries from Amazon. They gave me a refund when it didn't turn up on time. When I came back a few days later to ask what I do with it now that it turned up, in the moaniest manner I possibly could, I was told to keep it. It pays to complain some times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jmreire

I posted all the documents for renewing my expired driving licence on Friday 20th November...3 weeks back from last Friday....will be one month this coming Friday...but no sign of my new licence arriving. Anyone have their licence renewed recently, how long did it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 joebass

jmreire wrote: »
    I posted all the documents for renewing my expired driving licence on Friday 20th November...3 weeks back from last Friday....will be one month this coming Friday...but no sign of my new licence arriving. Anyone have their licence renewed recently, how long did it take?

If its taking 2 weeks each way, as it seems to be this long right now, you probably have another week to wait plus however long it takes them to process the application

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Anyone else noticing significant delays in An Post letter post since start of the month??

Taking a week and more to deliver a letter.

Advertisement