Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Philips Airfryer £69.99~€95 for the next 12 Hours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lay the steak on top of some sliced onions when you're doing it and they come out nicely fried aswell. Airfryer needs to be at max and red hot when you put the steak in.

This deal has expired, Camelcamelcamel is keeping an eye on it for me so Ill post if it drops again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,912 ✭✭✭dodzy

I do not feckin' believe I've missed this again !!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Just been reading up on Airfried Steak. Here's a great idea for getting proper malliard reaction for your beefey goodness:
    To sear the steak in the airfryer I use the small baking pan that fits into the airfryer basket. Place the small pan into the basket and heat-up the Airfryer for at least 5 minutes (orange LED light switches off) . The hot surface of pan sears the meat and caramelise the outside layer of the steak which increase the flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Missed this one but will be ready next time.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dodzy wrote: »
    I do not feckin' believe I've missed this again !!!! :mad:

It's still only £99.99 which is €135 so a €40 increase isn't massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭thebiglad

€129 in the Harvey Norman Warehouse sale - Swords today, until Sunday - they have 2 large piles of them.

Of course, €135 normal price in DID too.

paying £99 and playing currency conversion roulette not worth it at present.

thebiglad wrote: »
    €129 in the Harvey Norman Warehouse sale - Swords today, until Sunday - they have 2 large piles of them.

Of course, €135 normal price in DID too.

paying £99 and playing currency conversion roulette not worth it at present.
    €150 DID Bray a week or two ago, they do fluctuate though, no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,912 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lemlin wrote: »
    It's still only £99.99 which is €135 so a €40 increase isn't massive.
    You must be kiddin'! Around these parts, purchasing now at £99 is admission of failure of biblical proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Happy days this cost me 71.75 inc vat Irish, less 40 gift voucher 31.75 and I still got 10 sterling in credit.
    Now that's what I call a bargain...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭holdmybeer

Got one a while ago. Great bit of kit, glad I bought it. Cooks everything for me and saves the electricity on that crap oven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mine should be here today, and probably most other people's. Can't wait to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Ours arrived yesterday - missed delivery on Saturday. I made a batch of chips, they came out grand with fair bit less mess and hassle than using the normal oven. It will get used a lot by the looks of things.

My only issue is that it's a bit of a lump and the shape of it prevents it from sitting snug against other stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Not expecting mine til Wednesday :(

Not expecting mine til Wednesday :(

Fancy meeting you here! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Grayditch wrote: »

Both of ye!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Grayditch wrote: »

Be careful or we'll end up arguing about whether to use frozen or homemade chips.

I've heard home made are harder and I'm lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭damemcd

Mine came today thanks***delirah ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Me too, me too! Very excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭rob316

2 of the lads got them in work today, they cant wait to try them, had enough of the wives attempts at cooking they said. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Got mine today as well, its quite a big yoke, takes up a bit of space on the worktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Got mine today as well,Really nice chips.Only thing is the divider isn't included in this model.Would be handy to have it but not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

codie wrote: »
    Got mine today as well,Really nice chips.Only thing is the divider isn't included in this model.Would be handy to have it but not the end of the world.

I was just going to post a question about that as I thought this model was supposed to have the divider.

Pain in the ass aswell because it would be handy, you have to keep chips and meat separate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

That was a really, really fine steak...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Very happy with the Oven Chips... Much crispier than the floppy way they come out of the oven.

Expect to get good use out of it...... Gonna teach student son to use it now..... Should get him off living on toast when he here on his own!!!!!!

Did both frozen and homemade chips in to today. Both turned out great. Home made ones took a little more work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Steak turned out really well. But it's really quite small...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

I've had this a while. Great bit of kit. If you're doing homemade or sweet potato fries, if you soak them for a half hour beforehand, they end up nice and crispy. There's also a lad on youtube that shows how to make nice chicken wings in it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBWOVKrFJ-w

• Advertisement

Mine arrived Tuesday (to my home place though so will pick it up at the weekend and first use won't be until next week).

Any one have a good link for the cooking time required for different things in the airfryer? I see people mentioning its much faster but anywhere with a comprehensive guide to the time for different things?

Advertisement