Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pacland the game anyone remember it?.

• 08-11-2018 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭

i remember this game from the 80,s it was in our local pub,you would be beating the joystick to make him run faster and then get the red boots where he could free roll for a few seconds.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Vaguely, part of the wider Pacman thing. I remember Donkey Kong more, one kid at school had it on one of those folding screen thingy's which looked incredibly futuristic at the time (circa 1983).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Such a good game, I remember it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

jamesbere wrote: »
    Such a good game, I remember it alright.

the magic boots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fond memories of playing it in a Donegal seaside town - arcade in the 80s thinking I was the dogs nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

bassy wrote: »
    the magic boots :)

Omg yes, such a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Loved playing it, remember being on level 20, place in my home town aptly named 'the kip' had it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Exciting fact, I played this on a ferry to France on a school trip in 1985. Spent far too many 10ps on it. I loved it at the time, but never any good at it, hence all the coins I wasted!

Incidentally there's a good Arcade & Retro forum with a welcoming bunch, for all your nostalgic gaming needs.

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/94

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

one for the arcade and retro forum eh ;) .
    Loved this as kid , played it s ton in Mosney (and years later in kevin st DIT ).Its a scrolling platform game that predates Super Mario Bros ,and its based on a Pacman Cartoon series (that I dont think was ever shown over here..).
    Ton of secrets in it as well ...jumping over one of the fire hydrants near the start and running backwards pushes it back and gives you a helmet that protects against some of those ghosts..later on in the woods you can do the same with one of the treestumps to levelskip.
    Its a fantastic arcade game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

still play it, have it emulated at home and even have thousands of arcade games like it on my phone and just use a 8bitdo controller to play them when i'm bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Pacman_emoticon.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Exciting fact, I played this on a ferry to France on a school trip in 1985. Spent far too many 10ps on it. I loved it at the time, but never any good at it, hence all the coins I wasted!

Incidentally there's a good Arcade & Retro forum with a welcoming bunch, for all your nostalgic gaming needs.

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/94
    Mod note: I'll move this over to that forum now. Please note the change of forum and forum rules before you post.

Buford T. Justice

Advertisement