Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rogue Galaxy just gets very dull quickly and is full of padding. It feels like ni no Kuni except ni no Kuni is much worse in that regard.

Retr0 = Big-blue-meanie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭Doge

Today's get from Argos in Dun Laoghaire:

313468.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on this lads!
    I remember looking at Bluetooth keyboards 3 or 4 years ago and the cheapest at the time was €70.

The other 2.4ghz wireless keyboards with the dongle were cheaper but not this cheap!
    I bought an a4tech one about the same size and the range of the thing was so crap it didn't work half the time, even after I soldered a WiFi antennea inside it.

Going to mainly use it with my iPad, its an absolute bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Whoever owns that table needs to clean it. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Picked up this pair in Xtravision, tenner each. No idea if Darksiders 2 is any good, only played the original which I know plays slightly differently (more puzzle-orientated I think?). Heard Zombiu is fairly decent so worth a punt for the prices I figured. Actually, one good thing about the relative unpopularity of the Wii-U to date - pre-owned discs are in superb condition! :pac:

dWbfHkV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0 have me a copy of Overblood
    Pipoooo~! :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Picked up new mario bros on the wiiU In hmv for 30, cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else.

They also had a few wiiU games for 15, batman armoured and mass effect 3. Tekken too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just picked me up a copy of Skyward Sword and Kirby Epic Yarn in Argos.

€12.50 each is a great price imo.

Its worth noting that Skyward Sword is not the one they show in the picture in the catalogue http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2049526.htm

Its just the regular version. Part of me is happy as I'm definately opening it to play it. If it had been the special edition I'd have had to buy two. One to play and one to leave in its wrapper so to speak.

They both join the ever growing back catalogue. I sometimes wonder why I bother buying new/old games at all. I need to clone myself to have the time to play half of them! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A little bit of gameboy goodness arrived this morning.

1211EA14-3725-42F9-BE11-768FF7C44712_zpszuahx50m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

good pull this weekend :D.
    My mother visited us from france and brought my old Amiga, tons of floppies and my Master System games ... (MSX2 the master system are still there and coming next time)
    Then we stopped by chance at a car boot sale and scored two PS1 with games (nothing good) and controlers and a PS2 with GTA san andreas, need for speed underground and state of Emergency all working, for €30.

nice!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice one, I'm not a fan of GTA SA but State of Emergency is brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,779 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's the first time I heard anyone say anything nice about state of emergency. Thought the game was god awful.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That's the first time I heard anyone say anything nice about state of emergency. Thought the game was god awful.

Actually, My mistake.
    I was thinking of Freedom Fighters and The Warriors.
    Sorry :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,779 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Actually, My mistake.
    I was thinking of Freedom Fighters and The Warriors.
    Sorry :(

I was wondering. We slag you about your taste in games sometimes but I didn't think it had fallen that low. State of emergency is Rise of the Robots levels of bad. I heard tales of shops buying hundreds of copies since it was released after GTA 3 on the Rockstar label. They were really caught out when it was a total dud and failed to sell anything.

That's what happened to Driv3r as well.
    Utter tripe, Gamestop bought tons of them, I got to play it a week before release.
    It was sh1te.
    Brought it back and gave them my opinion, faces dropped and many many ended up returned and sold discounted.
    Dreadful game with no redeeming features.

Totaly fogot about that game,
    never played it either but the website is still up

http://www.rockstargames.com/stateofemergency/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,371 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    Totaly fogot about that game,
    never played it either but the website is still up

http://www.rockstargames.com/stateofemergency/

Yeah it really is that bad. I was unfortunate enough to buy it back in the PS2 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Picked up Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone in CEX today. Got Time Crisis for €2.50 and Crisis Zone for €1, and surprise surprise, they both seem to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

LongZ wrote: »
    My mother visited us from france and brought my old Amiga, tons of floppies and my Master System games ... (MSX2 the master system are still there and coming next time)
    Then we stopped by chance at a car boot sale and scored two PS1 with games (nothing good) and controlers and a PS2 with GTA san andreas, need for speed underground and state of Emergency all working, for €30.

nice!
    That was expencive gotten lots on adverts cheaper lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

LongZ wrote: »

nice!
    That was expencive gotten lots on adverts cheaper lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Haven't been around for the last few weeks but our latest bundle of joy just arrived home, it's our third in the house. Sure it will be all new again and a bit of a struggle but soon it'll be second nature. There will be plenty of late nights, tears and laughter but know you'll be loved by all the family. I'm over the moon at the moment, must put a picture up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Haven't been around for the last few weeks but our latest bundle of joy just arrived home, it's our third in the house. Sure it will be all new again and a bit of a struggle but soon it'll be second nature. There will be plenty of late nights, tears and laughter but know you'll be loved by all the family. I'm over the moon at the moment, must put a picture up later.

Congrats man. Number 3 you sure are a glutton for punishment.
    you may forget about sleeping for a while then.
    :D:D:D

Must be a cab or a Pinball.... Or a baby...

Picture as promised. He's green and white all over and weighed in at 336 grams. We're going to call him Yoshi, the new communal 3ds for the house.

P1040121_zps3d2398f3.jpg

That's a lovely thing, now keep greasy, sweaty fingered folk away from it!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That's a lovely thing, now keep greasy, sweaty fingered folk away from it!

It will be well looked after, I want to get something like this. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-Clear-Transparent-Crystal-Case-Cover-For-Nitendo-3DS-XL-LL/1232007766.html
    It would be a shame to cover the artwork, tbh I blame Andrew for posting the link over the other thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely purchase monkeykube, great price too!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Lovely purchase monkeykube, great price too!

Quiet, you tempterer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

How much was it o.o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭Doge

Today's get....

314033.jpg

Rollcage for PS1, Gun-con 3 for PS3 and an unbranded retro joystick all for the tidy sum of €15. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement