Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tremelo wrote: »
    This on e-tenders today: http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=JAN195839

The NRA seems rather busy of late with plotting and planning.

Read the subtext in that
    A. M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy Project (including M11 Clogh to Enniscorthy, M11 Enniscorthy Bypass & Links from M11 to N30 and N80)
    B. N25 New Ross Bypass & 2nd River Crossing

Were I a betting man I would punt on the A bit being decoupled from the B bit and the A bit being tendered out on a Build Only basis in late 2011....just a hunch mind. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Read the subtext in that

Were I a betting man I would punt on the A bit being decoupled from the B bit and the A bit being tendered out on a Build Only basis in late 2011....just a hunch mind. :)

You're usually a pessimist (realist??) Sponge, but in this case I think you're being over-optimistic. We're unlikely to see Enniscorthy before 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Any update on this ? I believe all the digging and testing stuff is done. I have an uncle whos is losing nearly 5 acres to the road proposed to go around Enniscorthy from Scarwalsh to Clohass and join the New Ross road. He was told that this part was happening but he hasnt got any thing about proceeding with the purchase officially. He did have an offer for the land but nothing in writing.

Is this part of the bypass likely to proceed given that it is more straight forward than the bypass to join the N11 Wexford / Rosslare Road ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

sundula wrote: »

Is this part of the bypass likely to proceed given that it is more straight forward than the bypass to join the N11 Wexford / Rosslare Road ?
    It was always planned to happen before the Rosslare/Oilgate section, it doesn't make sense to have a national road going through the center of a town.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Jayuu

jd wrote: »
    It was always planned to happen before the Rosslare/Oilgate section, it doesn't make sense to have a national road going through the center of a town.

Especially when the national route has to yield to local traffic.

Edited to add
    I know technically it doesn't as both bridges in Enniscorthy are part of the N11 and its kind of like one large roundabout but the layout does cause significant delays for through traffic (southbound and northbound) at the expense of traffic that has originated in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I think he meant the N30 section rather than the N11 section of the Enniscorthy BP. They're nearly completely separate.

Farmers aren't happy with value being put on land by the NRA-they aren't being offered Bubble-era amounts

http://www.enniscorthyecho.ie/news/eyausneyau/

LOCAL LANDOWNERS have been stunned at the low prices being offered for their land by the National Roads Authority, which is now acquiring land for the Enniscorthy bypass project.

While the route for the motorway scheme was announced in 2001, landowners were not formally put on notice that their land was being purchased until October 2010 – when prices were at rock bottom.

“A lot of people are angry that the route for this scheme was announced ten years ago but our land is being valued at 2010 prices – but if we were selling three of four years ago we would be getting multiples of the amounts were are now being offered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Farmers aren't happy with value being put on land by the NRA-they aren't being offered Bubble-era amounts

Wouldn't you know it, it's a backwoodsman FG Cllr/farmer shouting the loudest. Someone needs to tell him to cop the feck on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Typical from Kavanagh.... pure greed as always

Big farmers vote FG , they should get busy acquiring land in the west where they won't lose any votes instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Yes, would they cop themselves on! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭spadesaspade

Does anyone know when this road is ment to be starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Does anyone know when this road is ment to be starting?

Has been put on the back burner till at least 2016.

The NRA have already handed out €100 million of taxpayers money in CPOs despite it not starting until at least 2016.

Oh and they have another €50 million to dole out to landowners yet !

Hospitals closing down and they have money to burn on this it seems.:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

vicwatson wrote: »
    Hospitals closing down and they have money to burn on this it seems.:mad::mad:
    Harly since they've just suspended 45 schemes at a time when the construction industry is crying out for work. Also land prices are low now and will rise in future - so the time to buy the land is during the recession. The price the NRA pays for the land is ultimately born by you and I, the taxpayers.

From
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0622/ireland-to-benefit-from-eib-collateral-rule-change.html
    Minister for Finance Michael Noonan has said the European Investment Bank had agreed to relax the collateral rules allowing the Government and the private sector to access fresh funding.

Projects which could be earmarked for funding could include the Dublin-Wexford road, the Tuam-Gort road, new schools and community health centres, Mr Noonan said.

I think the CPOs have been quietly proceeding..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

By Dublin - Wexford they'll probably mean the M11 gap, not Enniscorthy I'm afraid.

By Dublin - Wexford they'll probably mean the M11 gap, not Enniscorthy I'm afraid.

Yes, the Rathnew/Arklow scheme was the one mentioned in the Sunday Times today.

Projects which could be earmarked for funding could include the Dublin-Wexford road, the Tuam-Gort road, new schools and community health centres, Mr Noonan said.
    How can the M11 Wicklow-Arklow be "earmarked for funding" when it is starting in a few months?

spacetweek wrote: »
    How can the M11 Wicklow-Arklow be "earmarked for funding" when it is starting in a few months?
    I wondered about that, but it was explicitly mentioned in the ST.

I wondered about that, but it was explicitly mentioned in the ST.
    Fair enough. It's just that I'm sick of the weasel words from the Gov and lack of commitment to ANYTHING. A project supposed to start in July is pushed back and now it is "earmarked for funding." When it's in the bag, it should be in the bag. You can't keep endlessly dithering like this, it's unprofessional!

• Advertisement

Well, well, well, it looks like this scheme will be given the green light today. It'll be a busy few years between Wexford and Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Much needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0717/breaking2.html

N25 New Ross by-pass

N11 Enniscorthy by-pass

Are the projects to begin. To be announced this afternoon. Could just be more promises though.

Yep, will be interesting to see what dates they announce. Probably they'll stick to the existing program:
    2012 Wicklow/Newlands
    2013 M17/18
    2014 N25/Enniscorthy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

spacetweek wrote: »
    Yep, will be interesting to see what dates they announce. Probably they'll still to the existing program:
    2012 Wicklow/Newlands
    2013 M17/18
    2014 N25/Enniscorthy

http://per.gov.ie/2012/07/17/speech-by-minister-brendan-howlin-td-government-infrastructure-stimulus/

The only mention of the NX scheme I can see is this:
    While we have achieved recent success in the advancement of two PPP projects, Schools Bundle 3 and the N11 and the Newlands Cross Interchange

So presumably it's fully funded and they're waiting on BAM to get started.

The other dates look like they have been confirmed as well, but as I've said in the N17/18 thread, I'll see it when I see the fences go up (no idea if they are already up or what site prep has been done).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Saw some guys taking levels in the area near where the link road between the East & West bypasses of Enniscorthy is planned to go.I wonder if they are starting sooner than expected or if they are just doing something that's related to the town's flood defence programme?? They were gone before I got a chance to ask them.

zerks wrote: »
    Saw some guys taking levels in the area near where the link road between the East & West bypasses of Enniscorthy is planned to go.I wonder if they are starting sooner than expected or if they are just doing something that's related to the town's flood defence programme?? They were gone before I got a chance to ask them.
    Not expected until 2014 but there's no time like the present to be getting prepared.

This scheme has been decoupled from the N25 New Ross scheme and is pushed down the list ( or maybe even off the PPP list, nobody is saying.) . The N25 New Ross scheme proceeds alone and is next after the M17/M18 and Newlands/Arklow schemes ( in reverse order)

I would not consider it as important as Cork-Buttevant M20 or the N22 Mallow Bypass scheme in the national scheme of things. They are busier and substantially more dangerous roads. If any scheme should drop off the PPP list into the shovel ready pool it is this one.

If the planning restarts on the N11 Oylgate - Rosslare scheme this year then it seems the intention will be to couple the 2 N11 Schemes into 1.

Unlike the 2 Cork schemes there is an acceptable alternative Gorey Wexford road,the R741.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    This scheme has been decoupled from the N25 New Ross scheme and is pushed down the list ( or maybe even off the PPP list, nobody is saying.) . The N25 New Ross scheme proceeds alone and is next after the M17/M18 and Newlands/Arklow schemes ( in reverse order)

The tender process is due to start later this year:
    The Authority is now planning to commence the tender process for the N25 New Ross Bypass (estimated capital value of c. E215m) with the tender process for the M11 Gorey-Enniscorthy planned to commence later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 5HCC

From transport.ie website updated 30-4-2013

'Contracts signed for €282M N7 Newlands Cross fly-over & N11 Arklow-Rathnew upgrade - Varadkar'

'Additional Public Private Partnerships (PPP) which are pending:'

'N11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP Scheme'

http://www.transport.ie/pressRelease.aspx?Id=763

Advertisement