Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

today fm ski trip

• 22-08-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

When does this usually open? And how much does it usually cost? And does it fill up immediately, or do you have a week or two to book it? And how crazy is it? I would like to get some sleep that week!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

I suspect today fm are the people to ask - though there has been some discussion of it on this forum so if you do a search it'll come up and you could pm people who've been on it. I think the consensus was it was overpriced but I think people are more interested in the social side of things so maybe worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

a148pro wrote: »
    I suspect today fm are the people to ask - though there has been some discussion of it on this forum so if you do a search it'll come up and you could pm people who've been on it. I think the consensus was it was overpriced but I think people are more interested in the social side of things so maybe worth it.

If you are single, female, like drinking, dancing etc. and looking for a husband the odds are good....if male and like your skiing then maybe not so good. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭blue note

I booked my own package anyway. I did sign up to today fm e-mail list to see the package - it really is expensive. There was one option under €800 about 3 more under €900 and about 3 more under €1,000. That was with the advance notice the night before. When I checked the next day there was something like 1 package left under €1,000 by lunchtime.

But, it clearly sells out pretty much immediately, so there must be something about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

blue note wrote: »

But, it clearly sells out pretty much immediately, so there must be something about it!

People that have never skied before and think it will be cool to hang out with a DJ from the radio at all the parties. hoping he parties are gonna be like the ones in the filims

A week before or after can be dont in the same places for near half the price.

Same for the coppers one, They are not going to Arinsal this year so Arinsal should be cheaper

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

People have a great time on those trips its an easy way to go away, have a ski holiday and some (a lot) of craic if you haven't done it before. I def wouldn't would write it off just because its expensive. They organise a the whole week (parties, gigs, events) so your paying for that aspect as well. Would I do it no, but if I was 20 with gang of friends who had never skied before I might.

• Advertisement

If you didn't have your own group I could really see a reason to go on this trip.

The 20th Today fm ski trip has been announced today. If I wasn't buying a house I'd definitely be booking a place on this - I'd say it's unreal craic. You pay a bit extra for it, but I've spoken to a couple of people who have been on it several times. And the fact that they've been on it several times speaks volumes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭prunudo

Often wondered what they were like, would the premium you pay really make the craic any better, especially if you're staying away from the main base. Maybe I'm wrong but sounds like a week of those "exciting and not to be missed" pub crawls the tour op reps try to sell on the bus as you travel to resort.
    Ski/snowboarding holidays are great fun regardless, just don't think the Today fm trip would be my cup of tea.

jvan wrote: »
    Often wondered what they were like, would the premium you pay really make the craic any better, especially if you're staying away from the main base. Maybe I'm wrong but sounds like a week of those "exciting and not to be missed" pub crawls the tour op reps try to sell on the bus as you travel to resort.
    Ski/snowboarding holidays are great fun regardless, just don't think the Today fm trip would be my cup of tea.

I think staying in a hotel other than the main one could be perfect. I wouldn't want all the busyness of the main place in my place of sleep. But I'd say having 750 Irish people in all the bars in the town and on the slopes would be great. And having the couple of organised nights as options too would be excellent to have.

I also like that this trip sounds like it has an age profile of about 25-45. That would just be perfect too - not having too many there who would be puking all over the place, but still having people who are there for craic as much as skiing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭prunudo

blue note wrote: »
    I think staying in a hotel other than the main one could be perfect. I wouldn't want all the busyness of the main place in my place of sleep. But I'd say having 750 Irish people in all the bars in the town and on the slopes would be great. And having the couple of organised nights as options too would be excellent to have.

I also like that this trip sounds like it has an age profile of about 25-45. That would just be perfect too - not having too many there who would be puking all over the place, but still having people who are there for craic as much as skiing.

Didn't realise there would be as many as 750 people going. As you say, away from the main hotel would be quieter alright.
    Some of the drunkest people I've seen over the years on the slopes have been of that age group :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭anthony500_1

I've been on 2trips with them. 2015 and 2016. Had friends staying in main hotel and other than having Ian dempsy and the radio crew staying in the hotel nothing else goes on in the "main hotel" they do the radio shows from outside the hotel in the mornings and on the Friday morning they do the big show in the local hall to cater for the 6/700 ppl. All in all I had 2 great holidays with them before life and babies go in the way, you can go to as much or as little of the activities as you want and do what suits yourself. It's a serious week of late nights early mornings and loads of go in between the big nights are def worth going to but as often the case as much craic can be had in the local umbrella bar as the organized events. Is it worth the extra money....... I don't know, if you are a serious ski/border then the slopes comes second to the location due to accommodation restrictions and this year they return to bad hofgestin where the slopes are not as good as other resorts. And for beginners there are lots of narrow blue runs back to the main bus which can turn ppl off. Just my 2cents worth

Advertisement