Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Photography groups/workshops/courses in Galway

• 24-05-2018 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

I and my wife recently moved to Galway after several years abroad and I'm looking for courses, workshops, or even just friendly photography groups she can join. Anyone have any leads, or can point me somewhere to look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

Sairus wrote: »
    I and my wife recently moved to Galway after several years abroad and I'm looking for courses, workshops, or even just friendly photography groups she can join. Anyone have any leads, or can point me somewhere to look?

Hi, there are a couple of clubs around Galway, smaller groups come and go. Where are you based around? West, east, city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Claire589141

Sairus wrote: »
    I and my wife recently moved to Galway after several years abroad and I'm looking for courses, workshops, or even just friendly photography groups she can join. Anyone have any leads, or can point me somewhere to look?[/quote

Gti do some cources worth looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭angeleyes

If you are interested in landscape photography Eimhear Collins and Rodney O'Callaghan do workshops and weekend trips and they give excellent one to one and will help with composition and how to get the best shot you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Claire589141

try GTI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hey OP,

I am living in Galway and I have joined Solas

I have never gone yet but I will be going next time.

I have heard good things about it

http://www.solasphotographyclub.com/

It commences on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month so the next meeting is September 18th at 7.30 pm

Note google maps will lead you astray, go to the soccer pitch and drive past it. There is a big complex on the right handside and it is held behind it

• Advertisement
Advertisement