Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethereum ERC20

• 11-11-2018 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a Ethereum ERC20 wallet, are they normally installed on phones, or could they be installed on a VM (ie. ubuntu)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

I have the Eidoo wallet on my phone that's works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

standard ethwallet can hold erc20 tokens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Trying the Eidoo one, so what happens if your phone is lost or stolen bricked etc.I presume you can backup to cloud services. How often do you back up, should i put extra security on my phone now too. I've finger print authentication do I need more. I've also got no root installed but inactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Trying the Eidoo one, so what happens if your phone is lost or stolen bricked etc.I presume you can backup to cloud services. How often do you back up, should i put extra security on my phone now too. I've finger print authentication do I need more. I've also got no root installed but inactive.

It's the same as any other wallet - you back up the mnemonic phrase. Write it down in a safe place. Safe meaning you don't want others to see it. Treat any mnemonic phrase as you would your online banking details.

Not sure what you mean by backing up phone. The coins or tokens are on the blockchain - always on the blockchain, never on your phone (unless you're using some niche crypto that uses your phone as a full node?) - and you need the private key to get in. Your mnemonic phrase is one representation of your private key which despite it's a gibberish-ness (as a sentence) is much easier to remember than a private key which is a minefield of characters to misremember.

Write it down and keep it safe anyway - the internet is strewn with negative tales of people who'd convinced themselves they'd remember their phrase. Forget one word and you are fúcked.

Advertisement