Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders everywhere

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Notdeco wrote: »
    Only in your mind, ya
    Angus von Bismarck wanna be

Von Bismark is like a parody of me. I’m like the Irish times and he is Waterford whispers. I enjoy his parody but I question his reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Yep....the boom (bubble) is back, baby!!

Nowhere near enough houses and apts being built to meet the shortage...but all those 60s and 70s office blocks being torn down are being replaced by bigger glass boxes.

Have breakfast rolls made a comeback in shops yet?

All still in oz from the last crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭JamBur

BDI wrote: »
    Exactly. Nobody respects the language they speak anymore. These lads want an f ing breakfast roll with f ing red sauce. The poor deli girls look so intimidated while these grunters look down their tops as if it’s their right because they are on the customer side of the counter.

My troll alarm was weak initially, but this finally set it off.

I reject the bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

There seems to be an absolute overrun of builders in town these days.
    Which town? There's quite a few of them in Ireland:

https://www.citypopulation.de/en/ireland/towns/

Which town? There's quite a few of them in Ireland:

https://www.citypopulation.de/en/ireland/towns/

Everytown. Containers full of blocked toilets and cranes dropped on every street corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

There seems to be an absolute overrun of builders in town these days. Not the decent mannerly ones like you used to get in town but the type of roll up smoking scaffolding hammering ruffians that you used to only see in new house builds. I’m a cultured guy but I can rough it with the best of them. The other day there was six people queuing on one side for two coffee machines in a corner shop/deli then a chap with a neck tattoo walks up to the second machine and starts queuing right when the fella ahead of him finishes.I’m biting my tongue, I’m shaking with fury

Look out lads jacob rees mogg (softy from the Beano) has come to town.

Be afraid very afraid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Don Joe wrote: »
    Fool of a thread OP.
    Bit of an ignorant dickhead.

On 6 pages not bad for meaningless thread - lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭housetypeb

...I’m a cultured guy ...

...I seen a table of them ...

Keep telling yourself that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Can't stand young lads with their work pants and high vis hoodie thinking they're all great. They all put on a swanky walk too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Cant say Ive had the same experience with builders. Most just seem like normal guys, maybe a bit rougher around the edges than most

• Advertisement

wakka12 wrote: »
    Cant say Ive had the same experience with builders. Most just seem like normal guys, maybe a bit rougher around the edges than most

Rough around the edges? I saw one sanding down a bannister with his bare hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Return of the Aonghus

Sounds like some particularly fancy limited edition burger. Gold leaf and all

• Registered Users Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I seen one of them the other day buying a box of painkillers ahead of me. He walked outside and took three all at once.

It says on every box ever to take two at a time. Madness.

The builder probably wouldn't have made this mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Have you given up complaining about people working with the homeless and IT professionals OP or is this just a busman's holiday?

anewme wrote: »
    Have you given up complaining about people working with the homeless and IT professionals OP or is this just a busman's holiday?

Good film on Netflix called hail satan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭disposableFish

I don't know which is worse,

That someone lives such an empty life that they'd find amusement in making this stuff up and posting it...

or that someone lives such an empty life that they'd genuinely feel this way.

Either way you have my sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My only complaint against them is that they clog up the deli counters and coffee machines at lunch time like the OP stated

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

My only complaint against them is that they clog up the deli counters and coffee machines at lunch time like the OP stated

When you see the van pulling in with all the high vizs you better leg it to the queue.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

20Wheel wrote: »
    When you see the van pulling in with all the high vizs you better leg it to the queue.

When you see the hazards on the transit outside you better find a new deli.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

There seems to be an absolute overrun of builders in town these days. Not the decent mannerly ones like you used to get in town but the type of roll up smoking scaffolding hammering ruffians that you used to only see in new house builds.

I’m a cultured guy but I can rough it with the best of them. The other day there was six people queuing on one side for two coffee machines in a corner shop/deli then a chap with a neck tattoo walks up to the second machine and starts queing right when the fella ahead of him finishes.

I’m biting my tongue, I’m shaking with fury but the fella has a 6 inch reach advantage about two teeth and 6 or 7 stone on me all I can do is give him a dirty look and he turns sees me and says like we are idiots, “why are six of yous queing for that machine when this one is empty”.

I was weighing up whether to just hit him once and take my beating or not when he just toddled off like he had actually helped us.

A lot of them spit on the street where they stand. Then just stand beside it like some sort of gorilla that’s proud to have no manners. They beep at my when I cycle because I’m not in a cycle lane.

Some of them wear tracksuit bottoms with work boots.

I seen a table of them in starbucks the other day getting up and just leaving all their crap on the table for the poor barista to clean. Some of it was tinfoil off sandwiches they brought in with them.

Their dusty trousers left marks on the seat. I asked the barista why he puts up with them but he didn’t seem bothered.

Whe he jumped the quque did he say " This is my coffee machine This is my town"
    Apparently you can use that phrase as a get out of jail card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

There seems to be an absolute overrun of builders in town these days. Not the decent mannerly ones like you used to get in town but the type of roll up smoking scaffolding hammering ruffians that you used to only see in new house builds.

I’m a cultured guy but I can rough it with the best of them. The other day there was six people queuing on one side for two coffee machines in a corner shop/deli then a chap with a neck tattoo walks up to the second machine and starts queing right when the fella ahead of him finishes.

I’m biting my tongue, I’m shaking with fury but the fella has a 6 inch reach advantage about two teeth and 6 or 7 stone on me all I can do is give him a dirty look and he turns sees me and says like we are idiots, “why are six of yous queing for that machine when this one is empty”.

I was weighing up whether to just hit him once and take my beating or not when he just toddled off like he had actually helped us.

A lot of them spit on the street where they stand. Then just stand beside it like some sort of gorilla that’s proud to have no manners. They beep at my when I cycle because I’m not in a cycle lane.

Some of them wear tracksuit bottoms with work boots.

I seen a table of them in starbucks the other day getting up and just leaving all their crap on the table for the poor barista to clean. Some of it was tinfoil off sandwiches they brought in with them.

Their dusty trousers left marks on the seat. I asked the barista why he puts up with them but he didn’t seem bothered.

There aren't half enough builders around.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

When you see the hazards on the transit outside you better find a new deli.

Hahaha so true.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

It’s only a Dublin thing really , rural Ireland is still fcuked but as Fine Gael say who cares !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

LuasSimon wrote: »
    It’s only a Dublin thing really , rural Ireland is still fcuked but as Fine Gael say who cares !!

Well maybe you know with broadband all over rural Ireland there might be more buildings and companies going up.

But people complain about that too.

Whinge whinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of them seem to be Northies? Tattooed, weekend cocaine snorters, many of which have replaced lucozade and breakfast rolls of the first boom with burritos and cans of monster, from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of them seem to be Northies? Tattooed, weekend cocaine snorters, many of which have replaced lucozade and breakfast rolls of the first boom with burritos and cans of monster, from what I can see.

Not just northies, actual protestants. I work on a building site and can confirm most of the people I work with are scummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Notdeco wrote: »
    BTW, you are no Angus von Bismarck

Absolutely, the OP in this thread was far more entertaining.

Advertisement