Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst adult temper-tantrum you've witnessed?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I had a Fastway courier basically do this to me because I wouldn't let him deliver it miles away from my house. He acted as though he was on the verge on financial ruin and it was all getting too much for him. I text him after to ask if he was okay and he admitted it was just an act.

I got a similar thing from another Fastway guy think my elderly parents house was the local post sorting office for rural deposits. Got onto the local office and it never happened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

aoh wrote: »
    Was on a flight and the cabin crew (new, I would guess) was pushing the trolley down the aisle. Something went snafu and 2 litre bottles of coke etc went flying. I was soaked (aisle seat). Cabin crew went running away in tears. Senior staff appeared and a guy two rows behind me started screaming that his suit was ruined and the airline had BETTER pay for dry-cleaning.

Having calmed him down - easily 10 minutes - they approached me and I asked for some paper towels to dry off. They went scurrying!

The woman across the aisle from me (not as bad but still wet) joked "Would'nt it be nice to get a glass of champagne". We all laughed.

Five minutes later, they're all there with champagne. To me "we are sooo sorry. Please enjoy". Same to the woman across the aisle.

To yer man "Champagne SIR!!". Not sure he laughed but the rest of us did!!

Karma rocks!!

I’m not sure how him getting free champagne is karma. He sounds like a bit of an ass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

Kind of a reverse one, this. A number of years back, I went to my local health centre to collect a prescription for some medicine I was to take, at around 1 o'clock (pm, before anyone asks). The woman at the reception desk said to me that such prescriptions can only be handed out when there is a doctor on the premises, so only 9-12 and 2-4 (a NI Health Service regulation that had just been brought in at the time, think it was just two weeks old or so) is when you can collect the note. Not going to deny that I was a little internally irritated by this, but I knew the woman in question & that the rule wasn't going to make an exception for me, so I went "All right, come back again after two?" "Yeah, between two and four <TAFKAlawhec>" and left it there...

...It's now 2:15 and I'm back at the health centre, same woman is at reception, I just ask about my prescription again and she says "no bother" and comes back with it about 10 seconds later. When she handed it over to me, she mentioned that I was the first person she had (since this new rule was brought in) that when told they could not give out prescription notes between 12 and 2 o'clock, didn't react by either swearing at them, or throw a right tantrum, or both. Couldn't really believe what she was telling me TBH, but I can imagine that alongside working at the coal face at a Jobs & Benefits office, working at somewhere like a reception desk at a health centre or A&E means having to put up with a lot of sh*t from many members of the public whom either demand or expect you to bend/break the rules for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭aoh

poisonated wrote: »
    I’m not sure how him getting free champagne is karma. He sounds like a bit of an ass though.

It was the attitude from the cabin crew not him getting champers. Was fun to see his face!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Kind of a reverse one, this. A number of years back, I went to my local health centre to collect a prescription for some medicine I was to take, at around 1 o'clock (pm, before anyone asks). The woman at the reception desk said to me that such prescriptions can only be handed out when there is a doctor on the premises, so only 9-12 and 2-4 (a NI Health Service regulation that had just been brought in at the time, think it was just two weeks old or so) is when you can collect the note. Not going to deny that I was a little internally irritated by this, but I knew the woman in question & that the rule wasn't going to make an exception for me, so I went "All right, come back again after two?" "Yeah, between two and four <TAFKAlawhec>" and left it there...

...It's now 2:15 and I'm back at the health centre, same woman is at reception, I just ask about my prescription again and she says "no bother" and comes back with it about 10 seconds later. When she handed it over to me, she mentioned that I was the first person she had (since this new rule was brought in) that when told they could not give out prescription notes between 12 and 2 o'clock, didn't react by either swearing at them, or throw a right tantrum, or both. Couldn't really believe what she was telling me TBH, but I can imagine that alongside working at the coal face at a Jobs & Benefits office, working at somewhere like a reception desk at a health centre or A&E means having to put up with a lot of sh*t from many members of the public whom either demand or expect you to bend/break the rules for them.

I can understand both situations there, in that situation the woman on the counter told you the reason why, was fairly friendly about it and most reasonable people would understand and accept. Then you can get some people in customer facing roles that will bark ' no perscriptions between 12 and 2' and no explanation why, that usually ends up in the customer being frustrated as f%%k and expressing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Who can see themselves ending up in a thread like this some day?

The begrudgery of not giving onlookers the pleasure of tutting and gossiping is probably the only thing that's saved me from rolling around on the ground screaming several times.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Back many years ago, when I still had some patience I used to work in an electronics retailer. 3 incidents spring to mind:

The lady who decided to have a meltdown because we asked her 3 young unsupervised children that she dumped there to leave the store while she went shopping in a different store across the street. Was tempted to ask her that if she couldn't stand being around them, what made her think we would?

Another gentleman one day ran in screaming that he was going to sue us because he reversed into a bollard outside our shop. I pointed out to him (without even a hint of laughter) that we didn't own the bollard and that he should head down to the security office in the underground car park because at least the employees there actually do work for the people who own said bollard.

The last one I could scarcely believe bar the fact it happened to me personally. Guy comes in with an old camcorder and is looking for a new tape for it. We actually have the tapes in stock even though they're ancient, so I make the sale and everything's fine. Another happy customer...
    5 minutes later the guy comes rushing back in, basically throws the camcorder at me and claims that the brand new tape that I just sold him has broken his camera. I ask him to define "broken". He explains he put the new tape in and now the little fold out screen is blank. He says it was working earlier with an older tape (which he has with him in the store also) and it was definitely the new tape that broke it.
    I ask him if I could have the old tape and try it in the camcorder and see if that worked. I stuck it in and pushed play and even though the screen was still blank you could hear the audio from the tape being played back from the onboard speaker. Now, I knew with about 99.99% certainty that the little ribbon cable that feeds the flip out screen had more than likely frayed because it's a movable part and I'd seen it a good few times before. I also knew that there was no way that this guy was going to accept that answer as he was obviously geared up for a fight. Still, I figured I may as well tell him what I suspect. That goes as expected and of course the guy wants a refund (That's fine, I want rid of him so I'd gladly give him his money back) but he also wants money from us to cover the cost of a new camera. I tell him that I'm going to ring product support in the UK but I warn him before hand that the chances of them authorising me giving him money for the camcorder is practically zero and that there's no way a blank tape caused the screen to crap out but the audio to keep working. He doesn't much like that answer.
    So I ring product support and the answer is as suspected, yes to refund but no to any money for a new camcorder as there's no way the tape did that kind of damage. So now I'm preparing myself, because I know what's coming...

Me: OK, so I've spoken to product support and unfortunately all I can do is give you a refund for the tape but I can't do anything about your camera.
    Customer: THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! THIS CAMERA WAS WORKING FINE UNTIL I PUT IN YOUR BLOODY TAPE!!!
    M: I'm sorry but that's all I'm authorised to give you. Now, I can give you the contact details for our consumer complaints departm....
    C: LET ME SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!!!
    M: I'm the manager on duty but the store manager will be back tomorro....
    C (he's turned purple at this stage): I NEED THIS CAMERA TODAY! NOT BLOODY TOMORROW! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR ME TODAY!!!???
    M: Well...
    C: WHAT'S YOUR NAME!!!???
    M: My name is sameoldname, you see, it's written here on my name ta...
    C (the veins on his forehead are beginning to like like roads on a map): WHAT'S YOUR SURNAME!!? I'M GOING TO NEED IT FOR WHEN I BRING YOU TO COURT!
    M: Well, you don't need my surname to bring this company to court and I'm not actually legally obliged to give it to you. Your argument is with the company, not me personally.
    C: I ASKED YOU FOR YOUR FULL NAME! ARE YOU REFUSING TO GIVE IT TO ME!???
    M: Well, yes but....
    C: I'M RINGING THE GARDS UNLESS YOU GIVE ME YOUR FULL NAME!!!
    M: Well... fair enough...

And then he does it! He rings the local f*****g Garda station! Now, I'm gone from dreading this to actually being quite intrigued how this is gonna go...
    Now, I couldn't hear what the Garda said to him but I'm gonna have a guess here just to fill in the blanks:

C: Hello? I need to talk to someone about a problem I'm having with an employee at a store who won't give me his surname!
    Garda: Hold on... What?
    C: This employee won't give me his full name! He sold me something which broke an expensive camera of mine and he refuses to give me the money to replace it!
    G: OK... what exactly do you want me to do about it?

Now at this point, I'm trying really hard not to start grinning. Only because I can't wait to tell people that this has actually happened!

C: I WANT YOU TO TELL HIM TO GIVE ME HIS FULL NAME!!
    G: I can't/I won't.
    C: SO THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO FOR ME!?
    G: No.

So by this stage I know that the Gard has given him the bad news. I am now checking to make sure that the security cameras have a good shot of this guy. Not because I'm worried for my safety but because I need evidence to make sure my coworkers don't think I made this all up!

C: FINE! *hangs up and looks at me* JUST GIVE ME MY REFUND!!!

So that I do. He get's his refund of a fiver or whatever and I got a story that became legend... because while other members of staff may have had complaints made against them, I was the only one to ever had the Gards called on!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Reading the above.

There's no customer facing job that's worth the pay.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

i was waiting for him to demand the guards full name

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Back many years ago, when I still had some patience I used to work in an electronics retailer. 3 incidents spring to mind:

The lady who decided to have a meltdown because we asked her 3 young unsupervised children that she dumped there to leave the store while she went shopping in a different store across the street. Was tempted to ask her that if she couldn't stand being around them, what made her think we would?

Another gentleman one day ran in screaming that he was going to sue us because he reversed into a bollard outside our shop. I pointed out to him (without even a hint of laughter) that we didn't own the bollard and that he should head down to the security office in the underground car park because at least the employees there actually do work for the people who own said bollard.

The last one I could scarcely believe bar the fact it happened to me personally. Guy comes in with an old camcorder and is looking for a new tape for it. We actually have the tapes in stock even though they're ancient, so I make the sale and everything's fine. Another happy customer...
    5 minutes later the guy comes rushing back in, basically throws the camcorder at me and claims that the brand new tape that I just sold him has broken his camera. I ask him to define "broken". He explains he put the new tape in and now the little fold out screen is blank. He says it was working earlier with an older tape (which he has with him in the store also) and it was definitely the new tape that broke it.
    I ask him if I could have the old tape and try it in the camcorder and see if that worked. I stuck it in and pushed play and even though the screen was still blank you could hear the audio from the tape being played back from the onboard speaker. Now, I knew with about 99.99% certainty that the little ribbon cable that feeds the flip out screen had more than likely frayed because it's a movable part and I'd seen it a good few times before. I also knew that there was no way that this guy was going to accept that answer as he was obviously geared up for a fight. Still, I figured I may as well tell him what I suspect. That goes as expected and of course the guy wants a refund (That's fine, I want rid of him so I'd gladly give him his money back) but he also wants money from us to cover the cost of a new camera. I tell him that I'm going to ring product support in the UK but I warn him before hand that the chances of them authorising me giving him money for the camcorder is practically zero and that there's no way a blank tape caused the screen to crap out but the audio to keep working. He doesn't much like that answer.
    So I ring product support and the answer is as suspected, yes to refund but no to any money for a new camcorder as there's no way the tape did that kind of damage. So now I'm preparing myself, because I know what's coming...

Me: OK, so I've spoken to product support and unfortunately all I can do is give you a refund for the tape but I can't do anything about your camera.
    Customer: THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! THIS CAMERA WAS WORKING FINE UNTIL I PUT IN YOUR BLOODY TAPE!!!
    M: I'm sorry but that's all I'm authorised to give you. Now, I can give you the contact details for our consumer complaints departm....
    C: LET ME SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER!!!
    M: I'm the manager on duty but the store manager will be back tomorro....
    C (he's turned purple at this stage): I NEED THIS CAMERA TODAY! NOT BLOODY TOMORROW! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR ME TODAY!!!???
    M: Well...
    C: WHAT'S YOUR NAME!!!???
    M: My name is sameoldname, you see, it's written here on my name ta...
    C (the veins on his forehead are beginning to like like roads on a map): WHAT'S YOUR SURNAME!!? I'M GOING TO NEED IT FOR WHEN I BRING YOU TO COURT!
    M: Well, you don't need my surname to bring this company to court and I'm not actually legally obliged to give it to you. Your argument is with the company, not me personally.
    C: I ASKED YOU FOR YOUR FULL NAME! ARE YOU REFUSING TO GIVE IT TO ME!???
    M: Well, yes but....
    C: I'M RINGING THE GARDS UNLESS YOU GIVE ME YOUR FULL NAME!!!
    M: Well... fair enough...

And then he does it! He rings the local f*****g Garda station! Now, I'm gone from dreading this to actually being quite intrigued how this is gonna go...
    Now, I couldn't hear what the Garda said to him but I'm gonna have a guess here just to fill in the blanks:

C: Hello? I need to talk to someone about a problem I'm having with an employee at a store who won't give me his surname!
    Garda: Hold on... What?
    C: This employee won't give me his full name! He sold me something which broke an expensive camera of mine and he refuses to give me the money to replace it!
    G: OK... what exactly do you want me to do about it?

Now at this point, I'm trying really hard not to start grinning. Only because I can't wait to tell people that this has actually happened!

C: I WANT YOU TO TELL HIM TO GIVE ME HIS FULL NAME!!
    G: I can't/I won't.
    C: SO THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO FOR ME!?
    G: No.

So by this stage I know that the Gard has given him the bad news. I am now checking to make sure that the security cameras have a good shot of this guy. Not because I'm worried for my safety but because I need evidence to make sure my coworkers don't think I made this all up!

C: FINE! *hangs up and looks at me* JUST GIVE ME MY REFUND!!!

So that I do. He get's his refund of a fiver or whatever and I got a story that became legend... because while other members of staff may have had complaints made against them, I was the only one to ever had the Gards called on!

Impressive. Yours is the first story I read where you come off as sounding a worse so and so than the customer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Impressive. Yours is the first story I read where you come off as sounding a worse so and so than the customer.

Oh no! You hurt my feelings!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i worked on a golf course years ago. we had no clubhouse at the time so i was collecting greenfees in a temporary office. we were only open about a year or so.

anyhoo, this guy rocks up to play with his girlfriend. he clearly had played before, but i knew she was a beginner. she needed a rental set and i helped set them up for their game of golf. now, i just have to say that she was HOT! petite and in a very short dress - not quite in line with our dress code etiquette not that i ever pulled anyone up for that!! so off she sets across the car park towards the 1st tee when the wind blew up and so did her dress. she had a a great ass and a black thong underneath and quickly patted the dress back down. i just had a chuckle to myself and thought some of the pervy auld lads would get a kick outta this. no harm and bit a bit of a giggle later.

about an hour after they set off - i'm not sure if this qualifies as tantrum - this guy comes in like a bulldog into the office. face all puffed up and red and starts roaring at me: 'WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS YOU'RE LETTIN HOORS OUT THERe GIRLS PLAYIN IN THEIR F**KING KNICKERS' i can laugh now but at the time i was caught unawares and didnt know what to say. it was very strange but i still wonder how he got so upset. must have missed a putt and lost a few quid :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭disposableFish

20Wheel wrote: »
    Reading the above.

There's no customer facing job that's worth the pay.

Honestly, it's not that bad.

Remind yourself that it's not you they're annoyed with but the company and you can let it wash away pretty easily.

When people are annoyed the best thing is to just stand there listening to them. Let them vent for a bit and they'll calm down and you can move on to the actual problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Pep Guardiola had a great meltdown in the game against Liverpool a few weeks back. Him shouting at the clouds gets me everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The gym I'm in has a sauna and steam room for each gender and are entered from the respective changing rooms.
    Yesterday, just as I entered, a guy left the steam room, went to his locker (right beside me) and roughly pulled the door open and grabbed his clothes and bag. And left the changing room. He was clearly vexed about something. I wanted to see where he was going to go as I knew something was up because he was only wearing shorts so I followed him out as I had yet to start changing. He walked straight through reception, out the door and across the road to the car park and in to his car.

It was -5 degrees at the time and last weeks snow is still on the ground (US, East Coast). No idea what triggered this, but that was weird. He was wearing flip flops, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The gym I'm in has a sauna and steam room for each gender and are entered from the respective changing rooms.
    Yesterday, just as I entered, a guy left the steam room, went to his locker (right beside me) and roughly pulled the door open and grabbed his clothes and bag. And left the changing room. He was clearly vexed about something. I wanted to see where he was going to go as I knew something was up because he was only wearing shorts so I followed him out as I had yet to start changing. He walked straight through reception, out the door and across the road to the car park and in to his car.

It was -5 degrees at the time and last weeks snow is still on the ground (US, East Coast). No idea what triggered this, but that was weird. He was wearing flip flops, to be fair.

Oh, he was wearing flip flops. Then, there’s no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

poisonated wrote: »
    Oh, he was wearing flip flops. Then, there’s no problem.

Without the flip flops, I'd have just put him down as a full time mad ba*tard going about his daily business.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,279 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I feel bad for anyone in the firing line of these tantrums, but if you give in to people or go out of your way to keep them happy they only learn to do it more and you've only kicked the problem down the line for the next poor soul. Bad behaviour should never be rewarded be they children or childish adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

kowloon wrote: »
    I feel bad for anyone in the firing line of these tantrums, but if you give in to people or go out of your way to keep them happy they only learn to do it more and you've only kicked the problem down the line for the next poor soul. Bad behaviour should never be rewarded be they children or childish adults.

No but they tend to take advantage of people who are restrained by a professional role they are currently in. Such as the waitress the receptionist etc.

There is a difference between a customer arguing their point to get the service they deserve and someone having a tantrum though.

Sometimes customers do have to stand up for themselves if their custom is taken for granted or what was sold to them as an expectation isn't met.

But if someone is using the relationship to vent or behave unreasonably its difficult for someone in the employee or manager role not to be undermined.

In fact its almost always the BEST employees who are most undermined because they tend to be people pleasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

A few years ago, I was getting the bus home and the driver slowed down at a stop, waiting for someone to wave if they wanted to get that particular bus. No one flinched, so he just drove on

At the next set of lights, a woman banged on the bus door and he let her on. She went absolutely mental, full on roaring into the drivers face that he drove past her at the stop. I get it that she was annoyed, but this was really aggressive. The driver was quite calm but she continued to berate him until myself and a couple of others intervened asking her to calm down. She sat down for about 30 seconds, then got up and started yelling at the driver again until it was time for her stop. Throughout this whole episode, she was holding nothing but a massive packet of bog roll which made her look even more ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Apt user name.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

Mehapoy wrote: »
    I can understand both situations there, in that situation the woman on the counter told you the reason why, was fairly friendly about it and most reasonable people would understand and accept. Then you can get some people in customer facing roles that will bark ' no perscriptions between 12 and 2' and no explanation why, that usually ends up in the customer being frustrated as f%%k and expressing it.

In my situation, I knew the woman in question as at the time her daughter & son were playing in the local gaelic football club at underage level which I was helping coach at the time - compounded by the fact that two years prior, her husband & the father of her children had committed suicide. It's also the case that where I live, local people as a general rule aren't known for being an assertive or demanding bunch, and don't really complain or speak up about things even when they really should at times. The staff at the medical centre also are a pretty friendly bunch overall, in the times I've visited or called them I've never seen any of them "bark" at patients or their companions, or act very stuck up etc. That's why the comment from her took me aback, as it is not something that you expect to hear from in this part o'the wilds in Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I had a right tantrum at BMW. No swearing or abuse.

Basically I dropped my car in to BMW for a service and MOT (NCT- this in England). Booked at 10:30am slot for 90mins. Grand. Dropped car off and went away browsing in the local retail park. Received a text at 12:30 to say car ready for pick up. Grand. Strolled back and in the garage at 12:35 pm.

I was kept sitting there waiting until 1:35pm (staff knew I was there). I had a proper melt down at the guy and just demanded the car back- "Oh but it's not ready." I just demanded it back and that I was leaving. I had to sign some disclaimer that I was driving off with a car without a valid MOT.

Then he told me the car had failed, presented me with a near £1000.00 likely costs to fix the car and billed me £180.00. I ranted at him for all the time they wasted and that I should bill BMW for wasting my time. He reduced it to £90.00 on the basis that they fixed a dodgy relay (which came right back 2 days later).

Why text me at 12:30 to say car was ready when I was still waiting another hour and only got it back by demanding it.

I took the car to another garage who rubbished the BMW summary and passed the car with flying colours.

I wrote the mother of letters of complaint to BMW- 3 x A4 pages. They tried to ring me back twice but I never bothered returning their calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Monkey2019

I worked on reception in hotels for many years so adult tantrums was a regular occurance for me.

One time it was lashing rain outside, a woman came up to the desk eating me because it was raining. Cos yknow we control the weather for your hotel stays. I ended up in the bathroom drying her socks under the hand dryer just because i couldnt listen to her any more.

Another time a woman wanted me to ring the guards because there was a dog barking somewhere and she couldnt get asleep.
    It was a hotel in the middle of a busy town surrounded by houses. Unless the dog was in her room what could we do.

People's ignorance never ceased to amaze me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Oh no! You hurt my feelings!

You would want to watch out.

He might want your full name!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭KildareP

A good few years ago I was customer service for an electrical retailer.

This chap buys a washing machine, brings it home, sets it up - but forgets to take out the transport bolts.

Cue machine vibrating itself to death on the first wash cycle.

He called the head office who told him there was nothing they could do and there was absolutely no point returning the machine to the store unless it was for recycling.

Well, he did return it and it wasn't for recycling.

And when I delivered the bad news that I wouldn't be able to do anything for him, he went on a ten minute tirade about how he'd lugged this down six flights of stairs, that the machine was broken anyway, that he'd be lying in wait for me outside the shop at closing time and that he'd "get me properly" and promptly left the shaken washing machine in the middle of the shop floor.

In hindsight me pointing out that head office had explained all of this to him would have negated the whole effort of bringing the machine down here did not sit well...

Eventually he stormed out and there was no sign of this fine gent for over a week.

About 10 days later a very pleasant, but extremely mortified looking woman arrives at the customer service looking for her washing machine and would she know how she'd go about getting it repaired. Not twigging immediately we never copped the damaged machine from last week was hers until she muttered "Well my ex left it in sometime last week..."

Whatever fear I had last week about being lynched outside the shop was now multiplied tenfold that "I" broke up his relationship to boot :D

I also used to dread the week after Christmas Day and often felt sorry for customers then as we'd be sold out of most of the in-demand items so nothing in the back to replace any of those that were faulty or damaged presents coming in, no new stock would be coming until the second week of January and if you wanted a refund then it likely wouldn't show up on your card/account until at least Jan 2nd as a refund can take 3 to 5 working days (and at most there were three in the Christmas-New Year period) so even if a competitor had stock you'd have to have the funds handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Was staying in a hotel in london and whilst waiting in reception for a taxi, a woman and her teenage daughter came storming in, it was early enough id say around 11:00

poor porter starts getting shouted at as they had booked tkts for the london eye that morning for 10:00 they arrive early and join the queue for their time, all the while people who havent booked are strolling on as there was no normal queue.

The porter just keeps advising they have no control over the queue of the london eye and that the woman could of just walked on at any time, she refuses to accept this and that the hotel should reimburse her as they wasted her time. Daughter then starts crying as her mother keeps raising her voice. Porter then gets the brunt of this as this is also his fault.

Eventually security come over and speak to the woman who demands a manager, porter is getting upset as he is being screamed at, daughter is shouting at the mother. Manager comes over to advise the woman she needs to calm down or she will be removed from the hotel, this pushes her over the edge as she is staying there a further week or so but is now reconsidering it as she is being treated so badly.

My taxi then calls to say it had arrived so unfortunately i have no ending :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

I have one...it was me...I think about it all the time...

Since I was a kid Ive had a short temper. It really is something that ive been working on.

I was an Eir Broadband customer. Contract is up and i dont want the service anymore. So I log in online and try to cancel my service. Cant do that. No problem. lll find out how to do it from the little Chat pop up down in the bottom corner. The guy Im chatting with wont allow me to cancel because my details are "wrong"...this is where my blood starts to boil. For some reason, one either my DOB or Address is wrong. The guy wont tell me anything. Just keeps saying, no thats wrong. Im certain that i know my own DOB and address.

So I call them...

I spend about 40 mins on hold. Cant get through to anyone, I try the chat thing again....another guy telling me I dont know my DOB or Address, I lose it.

I drive 20 mins into town to go in store and cancel the service. I walk in and tell them "Hi, I want to cancel my service".
    They say "You cant cancel your service in store".

So i just go off....
    Expletives..."What kind of f*cking sh*tshow are ye running". Exaggerated motions... condescending tone, I explained the entire story, how i keep getting told I dont know my own name or DOB by some guy in India, the whole 9 yards. A kitchen sink type rant. I went on for a good 3 mins while this guy just stood there and took it.

Turns out in my blind rage I walked into a 3 store not an Eir store.

I think about the guy nearly every week. I try to justify it in my head sometimes by telling myself things like...Sure Eir's customer service would drive anyone mental....&....their automated systems are put in place to make you give up....but the facts remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

IK09 wrote: »
    I have one...it was me...I think about it all the time...

Since I was a kid Ive had a short temper. It really is something that ive been working on.

I was an Eir Broadband customer. Contract is up and i dont want the service anymore. So I log in online and try to cancel my service. Cant do that. No problem. lll find out how to do it from the little Chat pop up down in the bottom corner. The guy Im chatting with wont allow me to cancel because my details are "wrong"...this is where my blood starts to boil. For some reason, one either my DOB or Address is wrong. The guy wont tell me anything. Just keeps saying, no thats wrong. Im certain that i know my own DOB and address.

So I call them...

I spend about 40 mins on hold. Cant get through to anyone, I try the chat thing again....another guy telling me I dont know my DOB or Address, I lose it.

I drive 20 mins into town to go in store and cancel the service. I walk in and tell them "Hi, I want to cancel my service".
    They say "You cant cancel your service in store".

So i just go off....
    Expletives..."What kind of f*cking sh*tshow are ye running". Exaggerated motions... condescending tone, I explained the entire story, how i keep getting told I dont know my own name or DOB by some guy in India, the whole 9 yards. A kitchen sink type rant. I went on for a good 3 mins while this guy just stood there and took it.

Turns out in my blind rage I walked into a 3 store not an Eir store.

I think about the guy nearly every week. I try to justify it in my head sometimes by telling myself things like...Sure Eir's customer service would drive anyone mental....&....their automated systems are put in place to make you give up....but the facts remain.

Ha, so what did you say when the fella told you were in the 3 store?

Advertisement