Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-06-2019, 15:21   #1
roosh

Finding a mentor/supervisor

I have a general question about finding a mentor/supervisor to offer guidance in the process of writing an academic paper. I have the paper written - on the problem of time in Quantum Gravity. It's effectively a philosophical approach, whic is why I'm posting here as well. I think I've gone as far as I can on my own, which is where some guidance would be invaluable.

I know the structure and formatting probably need a lot of work. The paper is relatively well referenced, I would say, although there is probably a need for additional citations in places - some well known ideas I didn't reference - and the formatting of the citations themselves probably need some work. Some feedback/critique on the ideas would also be invaluable.

Unfortunately, enrolling in an educational program isn't a viable option a the moment. So, would anyone have any advice on how to proceed in this context?
Advertisement
21-07-2019, 03:36   #2
Black Swan
Category Moderator

Visit a philosophy department of a local university and discuss with the department secretary if there may be a lecturer or professor that may be interested in discussing your paper.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion