Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Is Ali under the illusion he has any say, influence or control over what the UFC decide??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Gaethje will definitely accept the red panty night if it comes his way. He’s not one to play games or to dodge opponents. It’s impressive how he has said in past he would fight Conor in Dublin and has repeated it this week. The trash talk between him and Conor will get nasty tho, especially with Ali involved. It will be an exciting build up. If he wants to win the fight he should just go for takedowns like Khabib did, but he seems to like to slug it out too. It should be a great fight if it’s next for Conor it makes sense in every way unlike a fight vs Masvidal.

Accept it? The state of him and his whole team begging for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What will Ali DeliSleaze think when Conor vs Gaetche sells more ppv than Khabib vs Tony??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,002 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What will Ali DeliSleaze think when Conor vs Gaetche sells more ppv than Khabib vs Tony??

I’ll say he’d be fuming with all the money it makes him. :rolleyes:

Mellor wrote: »
    I’ll say he’d be fuming with all the money it makes him. :rolleyes:

Yep but he’ll have to change his tune bout Conor being irrelevant especially if he beats Justin. And he will have to accept the rematch is next provided both win.
    Although I think Khabib is the type of guy who knows to walk away with his unbeaten record would be the biggest defeat he could give Conor. He will need to be paid 50mil plus to go through it again, and big payday so for Ali. But Khabib will be the one who decides he can still be wealthy and fulfilled without them all.

• Advertisement

Jorge is currently wreaking havoc all over Ireland. Time for Conor to step up and kick his ass.

This thread seems to have gone dead. Have u all got the coronavirus and kicked the bucket?? I still got the Conor virus anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thankfully the ****er seems to have put himself in isolation .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

We've just been enjoying your lack of spamming this thread.

It shouldn't be very active unless he has a fight lined up..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Homelander

This thread seems to have gone dead. Have u all got the coronavirus and kicked the bucket?? I still got the Conor virus anyway.

Any news on the length and girth of his beard?

• Advertisement

Do posters here wish to watch Khabib vs Tony on their expensive ppv’s hd huge tv screens fight it out in an empty arena?? Or do you want to see it cancelled again?? Not giving you the obvious preference of them going at it in a packed arena which we all want and was so unquestionable tillrecently.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Do posters here wish to watch Khabib vs Tony on their expensive ppv’s hd huge tv screens fight it out in an empty arena?? Or do you want to see it cancelled again?? Not giving you the obvious preference of them going at it in a packed arena which we all want and was so unquestionable tillrecently.

Couldn't care less if there is a crowd there or not. Once there is tv coverage, commentary and the likes im good... they need to fight. Like Mellor said it could be interesting to actually hear the corner advice and such like TUF, especially eddie's.

Would they still have walkouts ? i presume they have practiced the whole fight in the heads and winning so would the walkout be the same

Couldn't care less if there is a crowd there or not. Once there is tv coverage, commentary and the likes im good... they need to fight. Like Mellor said it could be interesting to actually hear the corner advice and such like TUF, especially eddie's.

Would they still have walkouts ? i presume they have practiced the whole fight in the heads and winning so would the walkout be the same

Yes we all want to see them fight, but it just would not be the same. It will resemble a training event. I don’t think it can go ahead if there is no live spectators. Both fighters will not do it unless they are paid massive fee, they know their value and it’s far above performing to an empty arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,002 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yes we all want to see them fight, but it just would not be the same. It will resemble a training event. I don’t think it can go ahead if there is no live spectators. Both fighters will not do it unless they are paid massive fee, they know their value and it’s far above performing to an empty arena.

Their fee would be the same. Why would they get paid any less or more.
    It's largely irrelevant for home spectators and fighters. They could play background noise over the PA if the fighters felt more comfortable. But don't think either would care.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

In a way, it might be interesting to have no crowd - will likely hear corner advice, sounds of strikes clearly, and doubtless the trash talk between Tony and Khabib.

Better than the Rick Flair-ing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Did he say his auntie passed away from the coronavirus in his latest Instagram post?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Did he say his auntie passed away from the coronavirus in his latest Instagram post?

Could be to do with not being able to attend on account on account of social distancing etc. The notice said they understand if people are absent from the funeral on account of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

Could be to do with not being able to attend on account on account of social distancing etc. The notice said they understand if people are absent from the funeral on account of it

There has only been one official Corona death here i thought,would think we woulda have heard if it was his Auntie no?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

There has only been one official Corona death here i thought,would think we woulda have heard if it was his Auntie no?

Yep. That's why I was saying it was likely a different reason for the reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He has confirmed on his Instagram that his aunt was not a Covid-19 victim.

• Advertisement

I think it would be a great move for him if Conor volunteer to help out in the conoravirus pandemic crisis. I mean helping with medication groups or helping the elderly in as much as he can. We all know Conor is really a good guy in spite of the past 2.5 years, and things get blown out of proportion, so now we need him more than ever. Obviously he should stay healthy as per whatever rules so if staying home in his gaff with his family and staying healthy that’s ok. I know he has had a close family bereavement recently and been good with his fans on social media so well played.
    Conor you have given me the best ever sports memories and u are the greatest ever Irish sports star maybe even world, I love this thread and the discussions even if ye slag me. And even if I got banned for a month for posting about things that are relevant. I am a hardcore Liverpool fan but my biggest sporting desire is to see Conor beat Khabib some time in future hopefully in next 2 years whenever the event makes sense.
    Star Wars is make believe but Conor and this Coronavirus is real. And last I checked Conor is the og champ-champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I think it would be a great move for him if Conor volunteer to help out in the conoravirus pandemic crisis. I mean helping with medication groups or helping the elderly in as much as he can. We all know Conor is really a good guy in spite of the past 2.5 years, and things get blown out of proportion, so now we need him more than ever. Obviously he should stay healthy as per whatever rules so if staying home in his gaff with his family and staying healthy that’s ok. I know he has had a close family bereavement recently and been good with his fans on social media so well played.
    Conor you have given me the best ever sports memories and u are the greatest ever Irish sports star maybe even world, I love this thread and the discussions even if ye slag me. And even if I got banned for a month for posting about things that are relevant. I am a hardcore Liverpool fan but my biggest sporting desire is to see Conor beat Khabib some time in future hopefully in next 2 years whenever the event makes sense.
    Star Wars is make believe but Conor and this Coronavirus is real. And last I checked Conor is the og champ-champ.

That cheered me up no end , great laugh :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Seek help

US2 wrote: »
    Seek help

Lol. Good luck to you. Keep ur spirits up the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Lol. Good luck to you. Keep ur spirits up the next few weeks.

Cheers man, hopefully McGregor can fight this virus off for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

US2 wrote: »
    Cheers man, hopefully McGregor can fight this virus off for us.
    McGregor doesnt isolate from Corona virus,Corona virus isolates from McGregor:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Difficult to run a training camp with the current circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Difficult to run a training camp with the current circumstances
    head off to the skellig and train alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I supposed it worked in Star Wars so why not

Advertisement