Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreams

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Watch less Scorsese movies ?

Michael Gambon and Helen Mirren were the odd ones out. Very random.

I like the way the prison was a bar.

The bit sharing a prison cell with the only women in the prison is indicative of something happening in your real life, probably directly under your nose so you are not seeing it clearly. You knew you were being scammed but could not work what or why. This is happening to you in your real world, but you are not aware of it yet.

The pardon is symbolising talents and powers you need to use, to get yourself out of a tight spot. You know what they are but are afraid to use them, or maybe you don't know your own strength.

I guess you watched " the Irishman " or maybe "The Departed" in the last few weeks ? Michael Gambon , holy mother of god, only you know what he was doing there.

Sir-Michael-Gambon-676x1024.jpgKrapp%2527s%20Last%20Tape%20-%20Michael%20Gambon%201%20-%20photographer%20Anthony%20Woods_0.jpg?itok=47XcVqkO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

actually...i watched layer cake too recently :)

nice summary you made there.

Keep a pen and paper on your bedside locker. It is harder by the minute to recollect parts of your dreams. The more you jot down when you wake up the better.

They are very important and emotive thing, don't ignore them, your dreams that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

No, that's down to not being breast fed :p

Mmmm.... breast fed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

My own one from last night, I was beaten by a woman in a calf eating competition. I put it down to the fact that she had a much bigger mouth than me!

• Advertisement

Jonybgud wrote: »
    My own one from last night, I was beaten by a woman in a calf eating competition. I put it down to the fact that she had a much bigger mouth than me!

Was it an actual calf, or a part of a human leg? The answer is more important than you might imagine.

Did you know the woman that gave you a beating?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Was it an actual calf, or a part of a human leg? The answer is more important than you might imagine.

Did you know the woman that gave you a beating?

Actual calves and yes I know her.

Now I'm interested in what you think. It was a disturbing dream, even outside of the obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I had a dream recently that I had designed a new parliament building in Cork, on the opening day all the dignitaries were there, then a black limo pulled up at the steps and out got Michael Collins, except we all knew he was dead and it was just a hologram, as he walked up the steps he put out his hand to me, I was thinking it's only a hologram and I wouldn't be able to feel anything but I could and I remember being really surprised at how small his hand was. What was all that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Dunno if it's an age thing but I dream quite vividly the last few years but nearly completely forget the content. I just remember the fact that I woke up from a dream, the very first vivid feeling and occasionally a few fragments of details. Part of me thinks I should start jotting them down on waking but a greater part isn't that bothered.

Dunno if it's an age thing but I dream quite vividly the last few years but nearly completely forget the content. I just remember the fact that I woke up from a dream, the very first vivid feeling and occasionally a few fragments of details. Part of me thinks I should start jotting them down on waking but a greater part isn't that bothered.

Mine have got very vivid and detailed since I started taking mirtazapine, never anything bad or scary just lots and lots of detail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Seamai wrote: »
    I had a dream recently that I had designed a new parliament building in Cork, on the opening day all the dignitaries were there, then a black limo pulled up at the steps and out got Michael Collins, except we all knew he was dead and it was just a hologram, as he walked up the steps he put out his hand to me, I was thinking it's only a hologram and I wouldn't be able to feel anything but I could and I remember being really surprised at how small his hand was. What was all that about?

Someone who.appears to be impressive is just an illusion, or the opposite: you've underestimated someone. Maybe something to do with recognition of your achievements.

My dreams tell me what my subconscious has pieced together with my instinct and whatever clues have been dropped.

I've had recurring water dreams of all kinds from tsunamis to.floods to roman bath houses for years and one when I was a teenager, involving two men lowering by the arms into the waters of either a bath house or a canal. Water can represent emotions and sexuality. Draw your own conclusions.

The other recurring theme is secret rooms, hidden passageways? Corridors and tunnels and houses with entire secret wings.

Incidentally I've heard that sleeping tablets induce dreamless sleep. Does anyone know if that is true?

Most recently dreams have been mirroring my happy situation at present. Tall elegant pure white birch tree forest. A bull, which is an auspicious symbol. Receiving gifts of orchard fruits blended into a drink and offered to me with love. Finding beautiful flowers blooming in the snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

fascinating. lol.

when people start talkin about dreams they need to listen to ninjas dream in die antwoords beatboy.
    a truly mental masterpiece.

foods for mad dreams includes apples, spices, cheese, tagetes lucida (type of marigold)

experiments with lucid dreaming in my 20s now i get insomnia and pillowphobia yay

I've always wanted to learn how to lucid dream. A couple of times over the last few years, I've managed to stay in the dream for a bit after realising it wasn't real, but I still felt like I was just along for the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

I was discussing the significance of dreams with a psychology student a while back and they were adamant dreams were nothing but an epiphenomenon and of no import.

I'm always taken aback at how indoctrinated students today are. For example, psychology students don't study Freud or Jung to any extent nowadays it seems.

The reflexive dismissal of dreams as an epiphenomenon boiled my piss when she said it. Consciousness is as much an epiphenomenon as dreams are.

Anyway, dreams are fascinating. And genuinely a potential treasure trove of what the unconscious mind is up to IMHO.

I have had many series of recurring dreams, last year was season two of the highly lucid natural-disaster-leading-to-mass-loss-of-life-dream. It was totally explicable by life events at the time and I think most dreams are just the mind sorting out what is and what isn't worthy of concern in one's thoughts. Lately my most recurring dream is about coming into my house and finding a baby in a crib in the bedroom with a cat asleep on it's face. It's pretty obviously connected to looming parenthood and natural concerns about being a good parent. And, of course, the cat.

Sometimes dreams are too abstract to discern their relevance, but I'd bet the farm they're all to do with concerns in our lives, both good and bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,353 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I haven't dreamed in ages. Maybe years !

cjmc wrote: »
    I haven't dreamed in ages. Maybe years !

My dad claimed he never dreamt and thought we were all talking rubbish, I think most of us do every night it's just that we don't remember all of them.
    REM sleep is a very important type of sleep.

You are probably establishing how transparent and "see through" and unreal where the " pro treaty" aspirations in modern Corkonian architecture.

Dáil Corcaigh never really had a good ring to it?

Does the people's republic of Cork ( PRC ) actually have a national anthem yet?

Maybe this was the Big Fella's way of getting you to write one? His small hands must indicate the limits of the Corkonian aspiration. It thinks big but in reality it has limitations?

"The banks of my own lovely Lee" doesn't count by the way.

• Advertisement

I was discussing the significance of dreams with a psychology student a while back and they were adamant dreams were nothing but an epiphenomenon and of no import.

I'm always taken aback at how indoctrinated students today are. For example, psychology students don't study Freud or Jung to any extent nowadays it seems.

The reflexive dismissal of dreams as an epiphenomenon boiled my piss when she said it. Consciousness is as much an epiphenomenon as dreams are.

Anyway, dreams are fascinating. And genuinely a potential treasure trove of what the unconscious mind is up to IMHO.

Anyone dismissing dreams as meaningless is just being lazy and is afraid of understanding something that is difficult to specify.

I would pity any psychologist who ignores their importance.

What is an epiphenomenon ? I am too lazy to look it up.

Jonybgud wrote: »

Is there a matriarchal figure in your life who is a bit of a gossip and tends to beat you to the punchline now and then?

Is there a female in your life that you are struggling with , it could be your wife, or sister, niece, Aunt , cousin, friend, your mother, grandmother, your mistress or maybe your whore?

Is there a powerful female in your waking life that is overpowering you or belittling you?

Do you eat much steak?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Do you eat much steak?

Reminds me my dreams always degenerate into eating ass just before I wake. But I wouldn’t look too deep into them

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Reminds me my dreams always degenerate into eating ass just before I wake. But I wouldn’t look too deep into them

Pigs arse or human ass?

If it is human, is the flesh alive or dead? What part of the backside are you eating? Are you on the badge or merely nibbling the saddle?

Perhaps it's a dream about talking out of one's 'ass'.

Such dreams can be very disturbing Widdershins, particularly if your mind allows you to take the initiative of checking a nearby mirror once your ass starts speaking.

I vividly remember a dream where I went into the changing room in Arnott's to see what exactly it was talking about....

It wouldn't be suitable to repeat what it said on Boards.ie. When my ass gets going it can be very difficult to shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

They always end that way. Guilty conscience? Odd coincidence. Just when it seems tangible I suddenly stir and get a grip of myself

• Registered Users Posts: 13,353 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My dad claimed he never dreamt and thought we were all talking rubbish, I think most of us do every night it's just that we don't remember all of them.
    REM sleep is a very important type of sleep.
    Oh I used to. It's just now I either fall asleep straight away or it's in the morning after a night of insomnia.
    I just don't seem to dream anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I woke up one morning, very happy with myself for some reason. Looked outside and absolutely lost it when I couldn't see my Ferrari. It was a an F50, and it was gone. I was shouting, raging you could say. Took my mother 10 minutes to get me to understand I don't own a Ferrari, especially not at 15 years of age!

Used to have quite a few, eh, happy dreams, with the end result and all. Always fascinated by those. If I could figure out how to induce them, I'll be (voluntarily) single for the rest of my life!

• Advertisement
Advertisement