Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Game Chasers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    They must be going to sell a 2 disc version as well then? if disc 3 is exclusive to pre-orders, I just bought the disc myself, looking forward to watching it, ive been thinking about watching them all again anyways, so ill hold on until i get the dvd.

Yep the normal, stocked version, will be a 2-disc version. Disc 3 will be exclusive to pre-orders. I went ahead & got the dvd/game bundle, no doubt it'll be a Mario/Duckhunt or something but just knowing it came from the game chasers will do me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

ARGH. I love the Game chasers but dont know if I can bring myself to buy a DVD. Cause it will literally sit on a shelf for years before I sit down to watch it.

bombidol wrote: »
    ARGH. I love the Game chasers but dont know if I can bring myself to buy a DVD. Cause it will literally sit on a shelf for years before I sit down to watch it.

Do it, even if you don't watch it for ages, there's a whole exclusive disc that'll be there waiting for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The more I watch this, the more I want to do this around Ireland.

Can only imagine there are charity shops and halting sites full of magnavox odysseys, Neo Geos and Vectrexes waiting to be filmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

o1s1n wrote: »
    The more I watch this, the more I want to do this around Ireland.

Can only imagine there are charity shops and halting sites full of magnavox odysseys, Neo Geos and Vectrexes waiting to be filmed.

'Yo, Deco, just how many copies of FIFA can a man find?!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Never heard of this before and it is amazing, thanks Enternow.

Thargor wrote: »
    Never heard of this before and it is amazing, thanks Enternow.

No probs, actually you've ten hours left to pre-order the Season 1 dvd. There's an exclusive third disc for pre-orders only - http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-game-chasers-season-1-dvd/x/4574110

Enjoy watching them, really makes you wanna go out & buy games though lol

Makes me want to finally sort out a proper media center pc with every ROM for every system ever made on it and a couple of wireless controllers for under the tv.

Makes me want to finally sort out a proper media center pc with every ROM for every system ever made on it and a couple of wireless conrollers for under the tv.

Gah, no fun collecting roms! Buy the old systems & treat yourself to some authenticity :P

No time, no space :(

Wanted to build a media centre for ROMs ever since I saw this on Reddit:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/index.php?pageid=previews

Right that's it, I'm doing it!

• Advertisement

No time, no space :(

Wanted to build a media centre for ROMs ever since I saw this on Reddit:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/index.php?pageid=previews

Right that's it, I'm doing it!

Go for it so! Pick up a usb pad & embrace that retro brilliance :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

They have passed the 40k mark which they added as a stretch goal, so now we get a video of dondongo or something too..

keithgeo wrote: »
    They have passed the 40k mark which they added as a stretch goal, so now we get a video of dondongo or something too..

Yeah Jay & Dodongo will don the Tigger suits again & go downtown or something. The 27k goal was far better, they're buying 10 games valued at $100 to give away randomly for the dvd/game bundles....pretty cool thing to incentivise it I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I've been watching these on lunch breaks lately and now I'm really bummed that I didn't put an order in for the Season 1 DVD.

I've been watching these on lunch breaks lately and now I'm really bummed that I didn't put an order in for the Season 1 DVD.

I think Billy says in that last video I posted, that they are thinking about extending the Indiegogo campaign for a few weeks, so you might be in luck...

Sweet, I'll keep an eye out for that.

Was flicking through my roms folder last night after finishing watching all these, Little Samson is actually a very decent platformer, it would have been one of my all time favorites if Id gotten it back in the day I think.

The other rare onels like Chubby Cherub and the Flinstones Pride Rock are complete cack though.

Do games like that being PAL instead of NTSC drop the prices a lot if you come across them in the wild over here do you know?

Yes! I was waiting for the "Gone our separate ways" announcement it had been so long, Billys video logs are complete sh1te.

Yes! I was waiting for the "Gone our separate ways" announcement it had been so long, Billys video logs are complete sh1te.

I think they're just flat out sorting the dvd orders, & he mentioned too about having a ton of episodes to edit, not to mention they've already shot a few season four eps. He said in a vlog there's gonna be a steady stream of releases soon hopefully

Is there new material on the dvds?

• Advertisement

Is there new material on the dvds?

Yeah there are extended edits of the shows, interviews & all sorts of dvd exclusive stuff apparently

Got an e-mail this morning asking me to confirm my postal address for the DVD. I'm raging that I didn't get to go for the mystery game option as I only got my order in during the second round option but I will be happy enough with the bonus disc.

The e-mail asking for address confirmation was very detailed, but essentially wanted people to adhere to commonsense. It sounds like they have ample material to create a "look what kind of stupid e-mails we received from the world's strangest people" video :)

Yeah got the same email myself, I went for the dvd & game combo just for the hell of it

They didnt give an email address to send to in the email? I just replied to it? Guess thats right..

yeah I did the same.

Yeah the heading was 'Requires Reply' so I just figured it was ok to reply to that one?

Just got a text from my Wife to say that my DVD arrived...

Just got a text from my Wife to say that my DVD arrived...

So, they've finally made it all the way from Texas. Now, the final & toughest challenge yet for these parcels....An Post

I was starting to think these where never going to arrive! While im looking forward to this, i cant wait to get my Artcade book, it looks like its going to be great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I forgot I ordered a DVD + game combo too. Hopefully it arrives soon, although I'll probably forget again and it'll be a nice surprise :)

Advertisement