Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

who would be in your supergroup of arseholes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

canonball5 wrote: »
    Those Happy Pear twins, when they aren't cheating on their wives.

Go on, spill 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

It's great to see all the Blur hate in here.

Damon Albarn genuinely comes across as a psychopath to me.

Surely they should be included in the list of arseholes when they are cheating on their wives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Sean Penn, can't stand him. He snitched on el chapo too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I thought this was for musicians only, not any old Tom, Dick and Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sean Penn, can't stand him. He snitched on el chapo too :p
    He tied Madonna up and beat and tortured her back when they were together as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

All those celebrity arseholes who did plaintive lockdown musical bleatings, plus all the celebrity arseholes who do any kind of political hectoring and signalling about poverty, racism, or any kind of trendy activism from their lofty security-enabled towers. Cry me a river, you silly gobshytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

i know they're twins but you cant chuck in the same boat on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Two of the worst humans ever born.

Them and Jedward. Imagine being on a deserted island with those 4 clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Glen Hansard
    Hozier
    Bressie
    Christy Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I thought this was for musicians only, not any old Tom, Dick and Harry.

Don't get me started on those three fcukers! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ray Darcy.
    Ryan Tubridy.
    Eoghan McDermort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Jimmy Carr (Caw)
    Ellen DeWhatshername
    Wibble Wobble

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Lady Gaga
    Sam Smith
    Stephen Gately

Glen Hansard
    Hozier
    Bressie
    Christy Moore

Agree on the first few but
    Christy Moore is Harsh !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Wayne Newton,met him in Las Vegas years ago and he is an absolute asshat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

The OP really needs to get some new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

JupiterKid wrote: »
    J

Meg Ryan - in her early films, comes across as all sweetness and apple pie. On TV interviews is anything but. Complete cow.

It's called 'acting'. That is what actors do for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Glen Hansard.3 times a fcukin year he’s on the late late waffling pure sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Seamai wrote: »
    Johnny Logan (A legend in his own head).

Jedward (Annoying doesn't go their, and while we're at it throw Louis Walshe in for what crap he's inflicted on us over the years).

The whole of Duran Duran.
    Why Duran Duran?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,779 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Glen Hansard.3 times a fcukin year he’s on the late late waffling pure sh1te.

Seemingly that type of person who has an earnest opinion on everything and anything and it will be communicated to us as ‘fact’, via the most dull, drab, dreary and faux earnest sleep inducing presence... if he’s on a tv show singing or yapping the TV changes station by itself. An absolute fücking pointless melt of an individual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Agree on the first few but
    Christy Moore is Harsh !!!

Love his music, and we used to listen to his Live at the Point religiously when I was travelling around America. We got back the following year and decided to go see him live.

What a w@nker. Bar closed a half hour before he'd come on. Stopped midway through one song to give out to the crowd for clapping along. Stopped halfway through Joxer Goes To Stuttgart because "you came to listen to me sing, I didn't come here to hear you sing" and threatened to walk off because some people boo'd that. Absolute bellend.

Love his music, and we used to listen to his Live at the Point religiously when I was travelling around America. We got back the following year and decided to go see him live.

What a w@nker. Bar closed a half hour before he'd come on. Stopped midway through one song to give out to the crowd for clapping along. Stopped halfway through Joxer Goes To Stuttgart because "you came to listen to me sing, I didn't come here to hear you sing" and threatened to walk off because some people boo'd that. Absolute bellend.

no way, i'd be like you a fan since childhood, but i have to admit i have heard stories of him being a pr*ck alright since he gave up the booze

Brendan O'Connor, Ray Darcy & Saturday View

Brendan on screechy vocals, Ray on worn out electric guitar, the Saturday view on that cheezy organ like they have on rte license advert.

Singles include:

beautiful whataboutery
    what colour is your mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,779 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’d have no time for telling people not to sing or clap or whatever but...

Bar closing during the performance itself isn’t a huge ask. In fact a lot of artists are doing that now. I’ve been at gigs where people choose the most inopportune times to hit the bar, say the middle of a quiet song you have some gobsheen standing up in the seated section, shouting over the songs for ‘their Maureen’ to look in their pocket to get their wallet ffs.

What I’d generally do is ask the barman or security.. what time are the headlining band on stage, if it’s 9.pm at 8.45 I’m Qing, two pints each to go back to our seats, relaxing and enjoying the gig, not causing a distraction to those around... or indeed whoever is performing.

Niall Breslin, Bressie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Jay Kay from Jamiroquai. Was (and still am) a lover of his/their music, especially their stuff in the mid 90s which was pure gold. But, if you see him on TV interviews, he is so full of himself. Tosser.

What a great call. Total arsehole.

Madonna for me but she has already been mentioned.

Russell Crowe.

Edit: just musicians. Right. Crowe gets to stay on a technicality so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Bob Dylan
    Trent Reznor
    Keith Flint
    Ryan Adams
    Morrissey
    Anthony Kiedis

Imagine the music, and conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

The OP really needs to get some new friends.

It's only a bit of craic

Btw your comment doesn't make a lick is sense

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the-island-man

A certain former Manchester United captain. Unbelievable player and I would have been a fan up until the last few years.

Just any interviews he gives he seems to delight in saying very personal criticisms of other players and managers. You can see a wry smile across his face when he's saying it. Most of it is unnecessary and funnily enough I find it hypocritical given how upset he was when his former manager was heavily critical of him in his book. He takes away from his past glories by coming across as a bitter man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

A certain former Manchester United captain. Unbelievable player and I would have been a fan up until the last few years.

Just any interviews he gives he seems to delight in saying very personal criticisms of other players and managers. You can see a wry smile across his face when he's saying it. Most of it is unnecessary and funnily enough I find it hypocritical given how upset he was when his former manager was heavily critical of him in his book. He takes away from his past glories by coming across as a bitter man.

Sounds like he needs his version of the Golden Cleric award to air aaaaalllll his grievances. :pac:

Advertisement