Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Now TV - latest deal codes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

You can also add Disney+

Correct , I forgot that one , Only missing Amazon Prime !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Anyone’s code not worked? Plugged in NowTv stock this evening and the code on screen won’t activate on laptop or phone. Nightmare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Anyone’s code not worked? Plugged in NowTv stock this evening and the code on screen won’t activate on laptop or phone. Nightmare!!

That looks like your on the UK site not the Irish one. Make sure you activate on NowTV.ie site

On the IE website. About to pull the hair out as doesn’t look like I’ll get seeing this man city Arsenal game, reason I bought the stick.

Typical - NOWtv have no chat on at the moment and no other way of contacting them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

On the IE website. About to pull the hair out as doesn’t look like I’ll get seeing this man city Arsenal game, reason I bought the stick.

Typical - NOWtv have no chat on at the moment and no other way of contacting them

Have you already got an account set up?

Thats's very frustrating - the set up option was working ok yest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

From now tv forum:
    It’s taken me the whole first half, but sign into a different device from tv e.g. iPad the now tv app, activate the pass on this other device then go back to the tv and try again to watch. I hope it works for you

Got it working... frustration over. Come on the gunners (hope we aren’t in for a drubbing!) :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

With now tv you can cancel anytime and you will continue to see the channels up until the exact end date. It’s very good on this sense.
    When you cancel you have to make sure you go through all of the confirmations. You will be offered cheaper deal or other incentive, so you may change your mind. Otherwise you need to keep clicking cancel/no all the way to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I think I am going to get the combined sports bundle for €40.

Can I ask if you are locked in for the 6 months or can you cancel at any time?

for example, I could get 2 months for €80 if I want to or will I be contracted to €240 for the 6 months?

Thank you.

Dave :)

You are stuck with 12 month contract for Sports Extra. I looked at it to. Sports is 31 day notice, no contract. Sports Extra is 31 days notice but 12 month contract. Second 6 months @ €20 per month.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

zep wrote: »
    You are stuck with 12 month contract for Sports Extra. I looked at it to. Sports is 31 day notice, no contract. Sports Extra is 31 days notice but 12 month contract. Second 6 months @ €20 per month.
    I'd argue that's not the case.

I paid €17 a month for Sports Extra with a view to cancelling after the Premier League finishes. I have a "Cancel Now" option under it when I view my current passes. NowTV really don't tie people into contracts, and in fact are great at trying to keep you onboard with offers. Have done this many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

DID are useless. As i previously said I ordered this online monday morning - said it was in stock in blanchardstown. Monday & Yesterday I got an email to say that it was processing.

Drove in this morning to Blanchardstown and they had none in store, none in stock, and stuttered about telling me "there's one in Tullamore". Not good enough.

I walked across to Harvey Norman and picked one up, there were 3 left.

If I let the one come on ahead from DID towards the end of the week - how do I know after the first month this offer will still be here lads? Thinking of just cancelling the DID one before it comes...

The lad in harvey norman explained that I could go ahead and buy the 3 that were left, but it would involve signing up a new email address each time, plus next month this deal might not be here and I'll just be left with 3 sticks. Is that correct?

I probably won't bother with it once it goes back to full price after premiership season is over anyway!!

I ordered on DID Monday too. I rang just before I placed the order and they didn't have any in stock so he said to go ahead and order but it would take up to a week to come into stock. I just rang them again and its in stock now so I'll go collect it tomorrow. Can't ask more of them than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

MOD EDIT: THIS FORUM IS NOT FOR POLITICAL STATEMENTS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I ordered on DID Monday too. I rang just before I placed the order and they didn't have any in stock so he said to go ahead and order but it would take up to a week to come into stock. I just rang them again and its in stock now so I'll go collect it tomorrow. Can't ask more of them than that...

I ordered 4 on Tuesday , Rang the the 01 number ended up onto the Clonmel store - They might have one and will send to Athlone !! , The whole online ordering /inventory sounds silly.No idea if they have any anywhere !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

zep wrote: »

There are no contracts with NowTV. I've had the Sports Extra pack previously.

Everything is on a month long rolling subscription. Cancel anything at any time and you'll still get channels up to the end date of whatever pass is active.

31 day notice and 12 month contract may apply to Sky or VM but not NowTV

Just picked up the stick. If I create an account on the laptop and get one of their free passes, and then plug in the stick to apply the sports passes, will that work?

Just picked up the stick. If I create an account on the laptop and get one of their free passes, and then plug in the stick to apply the sports passes, will that work?

To answer my own question, yes.
    I signed up a new account and added the 14 day trial for Cinema and Entertainment, then plugged in the stick and added the two Sports packs.
    Not bad for €25.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

just a heads up for anyone operating like me (I have the Now TV App on my phone & I am casting it to my TV.

In the Sports section you'll see 'Sky Sports Main Event' with regards this Newcastle match. This option has the crowd noise.

The other section is under 'Sky Sports'. It's the same match, but without the crowd noise.

I've attached images for reference & have captioned the options in red & green writing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can you definitely multi screen with this? It says that you can only stream 1 device at a time on the monthly pass

antodeco wrote: »
    Can you definitely multi screen with this? It says that you can only stream 1 device at a time on the monthly pass

I gave my brother my log in details & we've both been watching games simultaneously on different screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

antodeco wrote: »

2 devices at any one time is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

just a heads up for anyone operating like me (I have the Now TV App on my phone & I am casting it to my TV.

In the Sports section you'll see 'Sky Sports Main Event' with regards this Newcastle match. This option has the crowd noise.

The other section is under 'Sky Sports'. It's the same match, but without the crowd noise.

I've attached images for reference & have captioned the options in red & green writing.

How are you managing to cast it to your TV? When i tried to do this it said i wasn't allowed. Checking out how to cancel now as it is of no use to me if i can only use it on my phone or laptop, i would be better paying the cheaper price for the mobile device plan!

chasm wrote: »
    How are you managing to cast it to your TV? When i tried to do this it said i wasn't allowed. Checking out how to cancel now as it is of no use to me if i can only use it on my phone or laptop, i would be better paying the cheaper price for the mobile device plan!

make sure your phone is connected to your WiFi & not your mobile data (3G) (the same wifi your Chromecast is linked too)

go in to the app & click the button I've an arrow pointing to here in this pic, it should work then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

make sure your phone is connected to your WiFi & not your mobile data (3G) (the same wifi your Chromecast is linked too)

go in to the app & click the button I've an arrow pointing to here in this pic, it should work then.

Ah, i see. I don't have chromecast, i thought i could use the method i normally use between my samsung phone and tv, and use smart view but NowTV doesnt allow it, so looks like i will be cancelling it so. Thanks anyway.

Opted for the old school method - laptop and hdmi cable. Sorted for the liverpool match and as I paid using the link in the avantcard rewards page i should get a few euro cash back as well so i will keep the sub till the PL is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭LowOdour

This may have been answered previously, but the Sky sports pass deal (25pm for 3 months)...I presume this can be cancelled after a month?

LowOdour wrote: »
    This may have been answered previously, but the Sky sports pass deal (25pm for 3 months)...I presume this can be cancelled after a month?

YES

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

Just two quick questions on this.

I got the Sky Sports pass only for the €23 per month last week. I now want to add the Sports Extra pass for €17.

As a Liverpool fan I only want it for 2 matches being tonight for Chelsea vs City and Saturday the 11th for Liverpool vs Burnley.

Q1. If I get it today can I just cancel it straight away and have it for a month?

Q2. Also can i cancel the Sports Extra pass and still keep the Sky Sports pass?

Thanks in advance
    HLH

Q1 - Yes

Q2 - Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

fdevine wrote: »
    Q1 - Yes

Q2 - Yes

Cheers, thank you

Stick is great, got one in Harvey norman. However personal choice I don't think I'll order a 2nd one to finish out the rest of the season. The games have all been very poor bar city v chelsea last night. Most have been 0-0 at half time.

If I didn't buy another 2nd stick at €29.95 -

Can I still take up the offer of €23pm+€17pm with my existing stick once the free month ends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yes. You can buy (and manage) your passes on the NowTV website.

Advertisement