Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ERCC: Ospreys vs Munster, Sat 16th Nov 5:30pm, BT Sport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

...nice (final mall)...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

eigrod wrote: »
    Be as well off conceding the try here and getting the territory from thr ko
    Its happens alot in American football, where time management is a huge part of the game.

Although they dont have to worry about things like points difference

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

That Bonus point could be vital. Now leats hope Ospreys can do is a favour when they play Racing and Money bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Are the highlights for the Champions cup being shown on terrestrial this year? They were on TG4 last year but don't see it in their tv schedule for this weekend

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

deisedude wrote: »
    Are the highlights for the Champions cup being shown on terrestrial this year? They were on TG4 last year but don't see it in their tv schedule for this weekend

They said on TV3 today that they have highlights tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

They said on TV3 today that they have highlights tomorrow night.

TV epg shows late on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭clsmooth

schmoo2k wrote: »
    Tech question:
    * Score is 25:6 - Munster want 4th try.
    * Deep in there own 22
    * The clock is at 72 minutes
    * Munster spend the next 6 minutes defending.

Would they be better served letting them just score, so they get the ball back for a drop on halfway and chance to regroup?

(this is a common tactic in basketball and american football)

Not sure. If they let them score and they get another they get a LBP. Sport is quite momentum based. Give someone an inch, they take a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

Game was close to how I thought it might be, still a lot of errors and penalties which cost us position. Conway has be superb for Munster, surprised he and Scannell were subbed off. Earls looks like he's getting younger. Loughman deserved his MotM award, he was terrific.

Very happy to get the BP win away from home.

Roll on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

schmoo2k wrote: »
    ...nice (final mall)...

Fair play getting one of those on a rugby pitch. :D

02_mall_of_america-1-_wide-01e34c3930b2ab81b6aae3e3ed875a9c91de04a9-s1100-c15.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Clegg wrote: »
    Farrell completely murdered the Ospreys 13 at that ruck.

Tbf the 13 was just kinda standing there asking to get smashed. Farrell just obliged, hopefully the young fella learned a lesson today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭twinytwo

:P
    Never in doubt!!!

Why oh why is it always such a hard task for us.

Cause the like stressing the fans out... Why do it the easy way when you just do it the hard way... every time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

twinytwo wrote: »
    :P

Cause the like stressing the fans out... Why do it the easy way when you just do it the hard way... every time :(

Munster have completely changed our play style this year over the off season period when the majority of our best players were at international duty playing a completely different style of rugby. I think we did pretty damn well to get that TBP away from home and you could almost see the jigsaw pieces sliding into place as the internationals got more game time with the new system

Next week I expect a much tougher opposition but I think we will be more than enough for them at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Akrasia wrote: »
    Munster have completely changed our play style this year over the off season period

Have they? I watched them a few times so far and some small changes but I don’t see a complete change in style? Am i missing something?

I know Rowntree is only in the door so he hasn’t had much chance to do anything yet but should in next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

So weekend off so in Westport. Met a few Munster fans enjoying a few beers. All good

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

It was a bit of a struggle but the Ospreys made a huge defensive effort.

Any away bp win in Europe is huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Felix Jones is God.

Indeed, had to laugh at the posters who suggested this would be an easy bp win....that was never going to be the case... but dogged perseverance and flashes of brilliance saw us get the bp... eventually...

Also...nice to see our depth at loose head... Killer is a beast of a player and is genuinely pushing for an Ireland starting place...
    Loughy was man of the match yesterday..and deservedly so....with his replacement getting the all important try...add that to our depth at hooker (possibly the best 3 provincial trio) and we're looking very good in the front row...
    We just need to develop someone to challenge Ryan .. Keynan Knox is looking damn good so far... but I personally think we need someone else to push him on also, and maybe bridge the gap for a year or two.... Archer has heart...and can do a job for us.... but if you're looking at a Heineken semifinal...and look to Archer to drive the scrum on... then I don't think we can progress to the next level and actually win a major honour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

How many tackles did the Ospreys make in the end? Half time they were at 130:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Job done. I thought Munster made it a little more difficult for themselves by opting for three pointers in the first half. In the end they were fortunate that Ospreys kept playing for no reason and handed them one last possession.

It's sad to see that the home support was so dismal but given the lineups you can't blame people for staying away. Regardless of who is at fault (EPCR/RWC scheduling/WRU) it's ridiculous that Ospreys were given no shot of winning this from the outset.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Job done. I thought Munster made it a little more difficult for themselves by opting for three pointers in the first half. In the end they were fortunate that Ospreys kept playing for no reason and handed them one last possession.

It's sad to see that the home support was so dismal but given the lineups you can't blame people for staying away. Regardless of who is at fault (EPCR/RWC scheduling/WRU) it's ridiculous that Ospreys were given no shot of winning this from the outset.

Wouldn’t say they played for nothing. A converted try would have given them a losing bonus point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Faugheen wrote: »
    Wouldn’t say they played for nothing. A converted try would have given them a losing bonus point.

D'oh!

Indeed, had to laugh at the posters who suggested this would be an easy bp win....that was never going to be the case... but dogged perseverance and flashes of brilliance saw us get the bp... eventually...

I think the fact Osprey are one of the worst, if not the worst team in the competition plus they had none of their welsh international would suggest Munster would win with a bonus point.....that’s why people including me suggested it should be an easy bonus point win

I do take into consideration that Munster had to integrate internationals back in

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

They were missing 16 players including all of their internationals. They have been absolute garbage all season. They lost at home to the Kings last week. This should have been a formality and it wasn't. It should have been the least competitive game of the weekend and it wasn't. Trying to dress it up differently changes nothing. That is a bad Ospreys team. And while I wouldnt have expected Munster to be showing cup winning form or anything, they should have had the 5 points in the bag far easier and far sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Scrum is a bit worrying at the minute.

Scrum is a bit worrying at the minute.

Rowntree is only in the door they mentioned......

Ospreys were never going to roll over yesterday... perhaps people would want to look at Sarries to see the worst team in the competition this weekend?

Ospreys were never going to roll over yesterday... perhaps people would want to look at Sarries to see the worst team in the competition this weekend?

That Sarries teams beat Glou no problem last week.....and has them 3rd in table in Premiership....a more or less full strenght Glou team

I wouldn't be slagging it off.....England or no England internationals Sarries have a strong squad.

Something Osprey could only wish for

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    That Sarries teams beat Glou no problem last week.....and has them 3rd in table in Premiership....a more or less full strenght Glou team

I wouldn't be slagging it off.....England or no England internationals Sarries have a strong squad.

Something Osprey could only wish for

Sarries... weakest team in the competition this weekend...as I said... perhaps you should try and read what's written if you're quoting me..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Delighted for Loughman, he couldn't keep the smile off his face when the MoTM was awarded. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Sarries... weakest team in the competition this weekend...as I said... perhaps you should try and read what's written if you're quoting me..

Also Friday night showed how 'good' Gloucester actually are.

Advertisement