Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arnotts warehouse

Options
  • 18-05-2017 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Guys arnotts warehouse is on this weekend if interested

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Anyone been to this event previously?

Renovating our kitchen at the moment & need an oven & fridge freezer, but wondering will there be sufficient stock or is it a zombie-invasion-style scramble to get your paws on a limited number of appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Yamanoto wrote: »

Renovating our kitchen at the moment & need an oven & fridge freezer, but wondering will there be sufficient stock or is it a zombie-invasion-style scramble to get your paws on a limited number of appliances.

I was at it about 4 years ago... it was fairly amicable at that time, I don't know if it still is.. people were going for pillows, duvets, covers, suitcases etc rather than appliances.. no harm in having a look if you're near by.. get there early and join the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Guys arnotts warehouse is on this weekend if interested

be helpful if you could tell us something about it? is it in the basement section or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Yamanoto wrote: »

Any of this sort of stuff now majority of people have decided to go the US route and become complete a**holes....

I wouldn't go near it

Its a pity people don't want the stuff on internet and instead of copying it take a step above it......wishful thinking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Went to the last one of these. A couple of good deals if you need the items - some class of Dyson Hoover, Nespresso Machine and a couple of other bits and pieces. The vast majority was soft furnishings you wouldn't put into your worst enemies house

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup some good deals if you need certain items, got a zwilling 6 piece knife block there last year, some nice bath towels and duvet sets. the furniture didn't look great but if you were looking for decent enough non-ilea furniture for rental property then it might be of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Unless you want to fit out a new house this weekend.. it's not worth a least half an hour queuing to pay and another 20 mins to get out of the car park

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just driving by it earlier and we were held up in traffic for half an hour because of it even with guards assisting, so I can't imagine what is like inside

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭heavywater

It was very busy. From memory -

Miele C1 for €99
    Dyson V6 Absolute for €269
    Kenwood KMix €249
    Beats €79
    Max Benjamin travel set (3 mini candles) €17

Zwilling knife blocks were there but I don't have any recall of price.

Lots of pillows, duvets, bed linen.

Beds between €600 - €1000

Got in early and out relatively quickly. Queue for the till was about 15 - 20 minutes but seemed to get worse as I queued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

I was tempted to buy one of the Rest Assured beds but don't think it was ever the highly inflated price that they had advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

The oven I was after was there, but was the same price it's been on their website for the past 3 months.

A quick Google of another couple of small​ appliances I saw confirmed that the sale pricing was distinctly underwhelming. Got the impression a lot of folks were buying just for the sake of not walking out of the place empty handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 owenbutt

For anyone who missed out, this is what it was like. Absolute madness. I was there well ahead of the queue and 15 minutes before it even opened with two kids and it did not feel worth the wait as I was sure to walk out with something I would never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

We went to the previous ones in the old location and they were just as bad. Queuing for 25/30 minutes. Wasn't worth it unless you were buying a big item such as a bed or a sofa.

They even posted up apologies on the Saturday evening on their FB page to apologise:

"Due to the high volume of people attending the Arnotts warehouse sale today there were regrettably long delays both at cash desks and leaving the car park.
    Arnotts regrets these delays and wishes to express sincere apologies to customers who were impacted.
    We would like to advise any customer thinking of attending on Sunday (open between 10 am & 5pm) while we have taken additional measures to prevent this reoccurring, delays may be expected particularly between 12pm and 3pm. There are unbelievable offers at Up to 70% Off, with those you will not be disappointed!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Was there at the weekend
    Prices on linen and the like was pretty good but the electronics prices were not sales prices at all
    I have a need for a new washing machine at the end of the summer so have been researching , have decided on a Bosch model.
    Thought i would spin up and see if there was any value I would hang on to it for a few months.
    The model I am looking for is pretty much universally available at 379 ,DID powercity etc
    Arnotts had it at 499 reduced to 399 !

Googled the TV'S while there and no reduction from the other big players in the market and you have a far easier experience than navigating that carpark and queue.

That said did pick up a new Duvet and some towels at good prices.

Sale will be happening again in November according to one staff member

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the thing with Arnotts I've found is that it is very expensive whereas the sales only make it very dear

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Hi there
    Just wondering if anyone knows when the next warehouse sale will be? Thanks!

Hi there
    Just wondering if anyone knows when the next warehouse sale will be? Thanks!

Anybody?? 😢

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Anybody?? ��

Contact Arnotts, they'll be able to give you the correct answer...The last few years they've been in May and October/November, but there is no guarantee they will be this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Why do people dig up old threads :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Because they probably searched ' arnotts warehouse sale. Could be wrong🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also, people would complain if they started a new thread. can't win.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Does it make a difference? Its either add to one already open that will appear first on the forum
    Or start a new one with the same subject line that will appear first on the forum

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Moving2017

It's on this weekend at the National Show Centre, Stockhole Lane, Cloghran, Swords, Co. Dublin

http://www.arnotts.ie/shop-by-department/whats-on/warehouse-sale/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

It was there earlier looking for some bed linen and towels

What a crock of sh!t. If you were any way consumer savvy, the prices for equivalent are the same, and cheaper elsewhere. Had a look at the electricals (TV and washing machines), and prices are cheaper in DID, Power City and the likes. Sofas on display were dreadful and over priced compared to Frank McGowens, DFS, Diamond Living etc. Don't be fooled by the big 70% OFF signs everywhere

Needless to say, I dropped my empty basket back at the door and left empty handed

449368.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I drove right in and parked and strolled right in at 11. Got better quality duvet abx pillows for my money than I otherwise would it nothing else really jumped out at me. Was half considering going back tomorrow with OH to check out a mattress but those pics have put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭baldbear

Queing for stuff you could buy online is a nightmare to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Is the Dyson stuff really 40% off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭N.96

If anyone was there/ is there would you mind telling me the price of Kenwood mixers?

I'm looking to get a Kenwood KMix (in red if possible) but live quite far and rely on public transport so only want to make the trip if it'll be worth my while!

Advertisement