Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Minute "silence" before the Irish match tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭blackcard

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I apologise deeply for some away fans making noise OP. Please forgive the other 45 thousand people in attendance........

I was just curious, wasn't sure if it was a few people who had drank too much or a few Bosnians of Muslim descent or even a few Irish of Muslim descent. As you say, the vast majority observed the silence

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hammer89 wrote: »
    I'm not sure any of this matters in the slightest.

TO ME AT THE TIME I FELT, WOW ISIS SUPPORTERS AMONG THE BOSNIA FANS.
    That would matter if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

No need for minute's silence before the match. Events in France nothing to do with Ireland or Bosnia.

No mention of those murdered in Lebanon the previous day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Lights On wrote: »
    Yeah, because Muslims = supporters of terrorism, right?

Percentages jenkins percentages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Lights On wrote: »
    Yeah, because Muslims = supporters of terrorism, right?
    A minority, certainly not all or any muslims.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

vicwatson wrote: »
    Majority of Bosnian fans clapping Irish team as they passed on 'lap of honour'. Respect!

I also noticed that the Bosnian players went straight off the pitch after, didn't even bother going down to thank their supporters. Bad form imo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

TO ME AT THE TIME I FELT, WOW ISIS SUPPORTERS AMONG THE BOSNIA FANS.
    That would matter if true.

Riiight. More like devout Isis supporters who were sampling too much Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I also noticed that the Bosnian players went straight off the pitch after, didn't even bother going down to thank their supporters. Bad form imo

Maybe to respect the winning home teams celebrations?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Bosnians are mostly Muslims no surprise they support their brothers in arms.

Most Irish are Catholic, No surprise we will support the Provo's

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

meeeeh wrote: »
    Riiight. More like devout Isis supporters who were sampling too much Guinness.

We don't know if alcohol involved. Not very good Muslims if there was.
    I think it was simply a case of a few in Bosnia crowd who could not careless about what happened in France,so they must support the other side..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

There's a thread about the Paris attacks.

And if you wish to discuss Soccer, there's a Soccer forum for that as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement