Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vostro Notebook 3700 BTS NB for €392

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

You've gone and whipped them up into a frenzy!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

So it looks like the 50% off price would still be ex vat & del? Is the discount link/code unique to your dell account?[/QUOTE]

It was an e-mail to me as a previous business customer, it said I could get 5% 15% 25% or 50% off depending on the "random" code

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Says last day for the 150 off is today, presumably means 16th expiry is midnight on 15th ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

ShaunC wrote: »
    I'm going to buy at lunchtime wednesday.first 3 to cross my palm are in with me;)

PM'ed you earlier ... I'm definitely in.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Says last day for the 150 off is today, presumably means 16th expiry is midnight on 15th ?

just spoke to dell rep the offer ends at midnight tonight so im going to order tonight:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

If you PM me your a/c details for the voucher I can purchase one for both of us

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'd like to express my interest in a code if there's one to spare, please?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

kneejerk wrote: »
    If you PM me your a/c details for the voucher I can purchase one for both of us

Sorry ShaunC misread your post, thought you were unable to purchase before the expiry!

I am still interested as per earlier PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jamesbrond

I called a friend working in Dell and asked if he could get me this deal.
    He did, and put it through for me on the spot. Now there is a dent in my credit card.

So if you know anyone in Dell give them a call. They should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

ToadVine wrote: »
    It would be only fair to pm the codes to the first 5 people who pm'ed the OP to express interest.
    or the first people who asked on the thread and not people who are trying to skip the queue? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Helper_Monkey

i would also really appreciate getting in on this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Xandra

Please, I want the code too.

PM Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Love watching the bitching and moaning that goes on when a bargain like this pops up; "I was here first etc" - from a poster with 1 post.

*grabs popcorn to see how this unfolds*

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hampton

Xandra wrote: »
    Please, I want the code too.

PM Me.

And me plese :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

The code can only be used once. Read dells coupon terms and conditions. And they reserve the right to "review" orders. I'd paste a link but I'm on an iPhone.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I just got a mail from dell about some error on the codes yesterday and they gave me a new one. Only 5% though...

I have a feeling they have copped on......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hopefully ShaunC will get his.

Twould be proper bad luck if, by trying to help others out, he missed out on it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

quarryman wrote: »
    Love watching the bitching and moaning that goes on when a bargain like this pops up; "I was here first etc" - from a poster with 1 post.

*grabs popcorn to see how this unfolds*

classic:

DB8V9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Piri

So that was a catch! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Replied to your PM there if you've time to check it. Im ready to go ahead anyway.

BTW, is there an option to switch the windows 7 from 32bit to 64bit? it should be at no extra cost, and makes a big difference in being able to utilize all that ram.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

It's XP 32-bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

is the code only available for five laptops per customer??

Soarer wrote: »
    It's XP 32-bit.
    what?
    Genuine Windows® 7 Professional with XP Mode Installed 32 bit

am i missing something? isnt the XP mode a virtual machine prog in W7??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭NeedaNewName

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    what?

am i missing something? isnt the XP mode a virtual machine prog in W7??

I was going to post "Genuine Windows® 7 Professional with XP Mode Installed 32 bit" too.

OP is you have a spare one I'll give ya 450 for it.

I was going to post "Genuine Windows® 7 Professional with XP Mode Installed 32 bit" too.

OP is you have a spare one I'll give ya 450 for it.
    actually, after putting together the same system on Dells website, it looks like almost nothing is customisable, including changing to W7 x64. a real pitty. ill see if i have a spare licence somewhere, 32bit can only see/utilise upto 3.2gb of RAM.
    I was really hoping to get it in red too :( a real shame.

sorry NeedaNewName, i cant do that, its immoral (for those ahead of the line) and probably againsed boards rules ie profiteering.

and tbh, ive no idea if im in with a system myself, i just got a PM from the OP after sending him one early in the morning. no reply yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 commandz

Sounds good. I'm interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

What type of BA is this? It's a fukking joke, mods!

It's bad enough when the finer points of massage are allowed in threads, but a bloke touting a non existent link of a bargain is a bloody farce.

What type of BA is this? It's a fukking joke, mods!

It's bad enough when the finer points of massage are allowed in threads, but a bloke touting a non existent link of a bargain is a bloody farce.
    weeeeeeeelllll, if people get this, then its a very worthy thread. even if its only a few people. thats what a bargain is, something that expires after its out of stock or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Post reported. We'll see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Post reported. We'll see.

When Good Bargains Go Bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement