Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Fajitas! wrote: »
    This is why my local is great, nice and cosy, won't have to go far from the fire :)

Hmmm, am thinking about getting a pair of these;

e-armani-9594-eyeglasses-0807.jpg

Just not sure on the silver branding on the sides...

I kinda get what you mean about the silver bit but I like them! They're nice! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

fonpokno wrote: »
    And my nice boots have recently kicked the bucket so they can't keep me warm either.
    A good pair of shoes dying is like losing a finger. Actually, moreso a thumb. :-/
    Edit: I like them fajitas! I really like thicked-framed glasses on people though.
    Novella wrote: »
    I kinda get what you mean about the silver bit but I like them! They're nice! :)

Cheers - Will get them ordered in next week I reckon and see what they're like on. I don't mind wearing branding, but not too sure when it's as obvious as that - At the same time, it's better than a lot of their other specs.

Dying for new glasses though!

Cheers - Will get them ordered in next week I reckon and see what they're like on. I don't mind wearing branding, but not too sure when it's as obvious as that - At the same time, it's better than a lot of their other specs.

Dying for new glasses though!

Yeah, I'd be the same! I just love that style of glasses, have two pairs myself but mine are cheap and cheerful Specsavers!!

I think they'd look good on you though. :)

If they nice, they're nice, no need to go expensive :)

Will give'em a go during the week and see what I think anyways - I haven't worn fully rimmed glasses in years, now that I think of it :-/

Do pop a pic up somewhere so we can see the new specs! :)

• Advertisement

If and when I buy'em :p

I definitely need to try them on before I put forward any dosh. And I'm saving monies for sales too :pac:

Which reminds me... Ooooh, sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Need to get prescription sunglasses or darkened lenses in the sales for driving. Winter sun is just awfully low.

With regards winter going out attire, I usually wear my thick black m and s tights to the location and just nip them off when I get there, given clubs tend to be roasting hot,

I hate working in retail at Christmas. Ahhhhhhhh!

If I hear of any retail related killings in Dublin, I'll be sure to think of you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I really pity you Novella. I was out just doing the Christmas grocery shopping in Dunnes the other day and I was homicidal after about 10 mins.

People can be so ignorant.

• Advertisement

I actually understand why people can be a bit... snappy, if that's a word. It's really frustrating shuffling around, trying to get past people etc. and queueing and all the rest, but seriously, there is no need to be downright mean.

As for work in general, make up your mind! Do you want me on the till, in the fitting room, on the shop floor? All I got today was, "Do this, do that". Every time I was settled doing something, I was told to do something else. I'm not gonna be helpful to anyone when I'm in such a bad mood from being tossed around all over the place.

Also, the shop is freezing. You can see your breath it's that cold. Grrrr.

Ranty Novella all done!!!!! :D

Christmas shopping reduces peoples IQ. Seriously.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Oh it does! I was snapping on the floor today, so busy! And the mammies, bless them, looking for stuff their daughters had seen. "It's a dress, yeah, black, short, some sequins... do you have that?" We have about TEN like that. I try to keep my smile on, but sometimes it's hard!

I did see some of the mark downs for the sales though, looks like I'll be getting some new shoes!

Going back to a post I made a few days ago about not knowing what little something extra to get the OH.... Got him cufflinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Twee. wrote: »
    Got him cufflinks :)
    One of my not so sekret passions. I'm still threatening to make my own custom cufflinks.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Christmas shopping reduces peoples IQ. Seriously.

Sales shopping reduces it further.

What store do you work in Twee?

OldGoat wrote: »
    One of my not so sekret passions. I'm still threatening to make my own custom cufflinks.

If you didn't want to do the hard work yourself, I know some people with some skills.

Do you know anyone working with enamels? I want my avatar <---- cast in silver, the goat outline raised and the recess finshed in a red enamel mounted on silver findings. Simple really. :rolleyes:

Will find out - I know a few people that do it, so will see what they say. Enameling the silver though? :eek:

You do like that goat, doncha!? :p

It's an avatar I've been using for donkeys years. :p
    I picked up the name goat over 20 years ago and that image is one I've used for at least the last 10 on various bulletin boards and forums. I've become so familar with it that it's like a signature to me.
    I want the cufflinks for attending Beers or for meeting Boardsies for the firsttime. I can't keep showing off my tattoo and I figure the goat links would be nice.
    And I do like things unique to me. I think I might get my hipflask engraved with the Goat. :D

Just mailed a chap asking for reccommendations, will pass'em on to you when he replies - might even do it himself.

I've been using Blanka for donkies myself.. Not sure if I'll be getting him inked on though :o

I do think they'd make some rockin' cufflinks though.

In other news, ordered my new specs today, shop'll be getting them in after Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Much sympathy to you folks working in retail; I went back to retail last year as a break from my normal job, and lasted only 7 weeks in HMV!! While college work load had a massive part to play in that, I just couldn't do it and keep passionate/excited about keeping stock replenished/the top twenty dvds to buy etc.. I felt like such a weakling!

Other news, I have a very annoying kitty in heat here at home. Driving me nuts. Clothes wise, I bought a nice simple white-with-black-polka dots tshirt in H+M and a dress for a tenner. Score. Also picked up a naff navy Liz Claiborne jumper in the second hand store with a white anchor on it....even if I don't actually wear it it was only a few bob and it's for charity:)

Oh, and nice specs Fajitas!

Twee. wrote: »
    Oh it does! I was snapping on the floor today, so busy! And the mammies, bless them, looking for stuff their daughters had seen. "It's a dress, yeah, black, short, some sequins... do you have that?" We have about TEN like that. I try to keep my smile on, but sometimes it's hard!

I did see some of the mark downs for the sales though, looks like I'll be getting some new shoes!

Going back to a post I made a few days ago about not knowing what little something extra to get the OH.... Got him cufflinks :)

Girl today, "Do you have a skirt, it's... stretchy..."

Great description!!! I was just like :mad:!

I've seen our mark down's too! Oh, baby! I'm almost tempted to head in on Stephen's Day even though it's my day off hehe! When is the TS sale starting?!

Ugh are River Island opening on Stephen's day now??

Ugh are River Island opening on Stephen's day now??

Yup, the Ilac Centre one is open on Stephen's Day at 10am. Footwear sale starts tomorrow though!

/Looks at empty wallet
    /Pats empty pockets
    /Sad Face at melted credit cards

Sales! GaG. I hate 'em. I get pished off at the 'January' sales starting on Stephens Day. We have only just gotten past the biggest spend of the year, had one day of overindulgence and washing up and then it's back into the fray on the highstreets? Bah!

Other points of Sales irritation for me are that it's never anything I want thats put on sale. I like the classics, and as classics don't go out of style the shops are happy to hang on to them and not put them in the sales. What does go into the sales is the tat that I didn't want during the the previous season. Just because the reduce the price dosen't change it from being tat. <Shrug>

When I become Emperor of the world I'll insist that we all Boycott the sales until Jan 1st., and then we'll only buy stuff that we really like rather then just buying stuff just because it's got 10% knocked off the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This is why my local is great, nice and cosy, won't have to go far from the fire :)

Hmmm, am thinking about getting a pair of these;

e-armani-9594-eyeglasses-0807.jpg

Just not sure on the silver branding on the sides...

Noice! ;)

[Waves to Larianne]You were busy today. A dozen posts deleated in the one thread! 'Noice' indeed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well I have to make up for my lack of being around the last few weeks. :)

• Advertisement

<-<
    >->
    Me too.
    :o

Advertisement