Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home heating oil promo code Topoil

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Oil is on the up again, plus carbon tax is kicking in at midnight.

Order your Kero before midnight.

I locked in 1200L @37c

I'm happy enough with that, cheapest in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

My local TOP is now 51¢/l /1000l or 53¢ / 500l

Another local oil supplier is 45¢/l /1000l or 47¢/l /500

Shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Any 20 euro off codes available? Connacht1 GAA20 no longer working by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LuckyLoki

I guessed that SUMMER20 would work based on past codes and it did. Got 20 euros off a thousand litres.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How does the code reductions work? Can you call it out over the phone or is it when you order online? Can you stack two active codes for the same supplier on top of each other?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

LuckyLoki wrote: »
    I guessed that SUMMER20 would work based on past codes and it did. Got 20 euros off a thousand litres.

In Kildare after discount they are €450,
    Capital oil, also in Kildare are €429

Always check other suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Just got a text.

Back to school deal €15 off €500 until 04/09/20

Code: School15

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭jmdsk

Any codes going for texoil at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭obi604

Looking to order. Is now a good time for prices? Or could they potentially drop a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Maybe hang in there for a day or two ... oil prices dropping, according to a news item on CNN. Just filled up last week myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Any up to date code?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Any up to date code?

Autumn20

iora_rua wrote: »
    Maybe hang in there for a day or two ... oil prices dropping, according to a news item on CNN. Just filled up last week myself :(

The raw oil part of the heating oil price is about 22c, down about 1.5c from last week

But you now have the start of winter season and large increase in kerosene and diesel use. (truck movements jump dramatically in the run up to Christmas), so the refineries up their charges.

So you may find €10 here and there change, it's not going to be something you look at and wish you waited

Even with the promotion code there is a negligible price difference between Top Oil and Texoil.

Even with the promotion code there is a negligible price difference between Top Oil and Texoil.

Exactly. Hence people should shop around and look for the best net price.

Remember, all kerosene is the same.

whats a good price now for 500 liters?

I ended up getting 500 litres for 220 Euro. 44 cent a litre. Galway. not too bad I think. Lowest ive paid in years anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

obi604 wrote: »
    I ended up getting 500 litres for 220 Euro. 44 cent a litre. Galway. not too bad I think. Lowest ive paid in years anyway

Where'd you get it for 220 if you don't mind me asking? Have a checked a few places and lowest I can see at the moment is 235, but we're out Connemara direction so mightn't be in range of the cheapest.

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Where'd you get it for 220 if you don't mind me asking? Have a checked a few places and lowest I can see at the moment is 235, but we're out Connemara direction so mightn't be in range of the cheapest.

am I allowed to mention the company here or does it have to be a PM job>?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

am I allowed to mention the company here or does it have to be a PM job>?

Good question - not sure. At a guess, I'd say if the price is publicly listed somewhere then it should be no problem so others can benefit. Otherwise PM would be grand either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

That's a great price.
    Got quotes in Tuam today, cheapest was €500 for 1000ltrs.
    Went with Oil Direct from Headford, €460 for 1000lts.

I will need to buy again in a couple weeks. Best to buy now or wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Looptheloop30

GreenFri20 for 15€ off

I will need to buy again in a couple weeks. Best to buy now or wait?

Any comments on this. Are oil prices looking like going up or down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭con747

Any comments on this. Are oil prices looking like going up or down.

All you can do is look at the price of Brent crude oil and the price of heating oil would normally follow the direction it is going a week or so later. Right now it looks like it will not be going up or down by any serious amounts, maybe €10 or €15 either direction. Anything can happen to change that though so it's only an indicator not a fact.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Any active code?

GreenFri20 not valid for me now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Does anyone have any discounts?

con747 wrote: »
    All you can do is look at the price of Brent crude oil and the price of heating oil would normally follow the direction it is going a week or so later. Right now it looks like it will not be going up or down by any serious amounts, maybe €10 or €15 either direction. Anything can happen to change that though so it's only an indicator not a fact.

Price of crude - obvious

US dollar exchange rate - weaker dollar has kept prices down.

Market sentiment - currently positive, so price on an upward curve

Seasonal demand - winter heat and a lot of truck movement and aircraft starting to fly again. Refineries are back over 80% capacity and charging accordingly.

All above has led to approx €50-€60 on 1,000 litres in the past month.

Any promo codes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Any promo codes?
    Campus, CM15, but always found them no cheaper then anyone else even with code.

Advertisement