Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Home Mini (Refurbished) - €15.94

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Not a bad price but it's worth mentioning that if you are thinking of using these for music the google nest mini has noticably better sound. Having bought both I wouldn't buy another home mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

DopeTech wrote: »
    Not a bad price but it's worth mentioning that if you are thinking of using these for music the google nest mini has noticably better sound. Having bought both I wouldn't buy another home mini.

Neither are great for music though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

DopeTech wrote: »

I have both, and can't say I've noticed much difference in audio quality from either tbh, however in saying that, they're a mile behind the sound quality from the echo dot I also have in the house - and they're in an entirely different league from the quality of the Google home I have in my dining room.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Couple of things on the sound...

I found wall mounting them makes a big difference. I think the sound is a bit directional and can get a bit lost if they're sat on a horizontal surface

And pairing two for stereo makes a big difference. I swapped the larger home for two minis in stereo and prefer it. The bass is worse, no doubt about it, but I find the sound cleaner overall. Admittedly that approach doubles the price though, I only did it when youtube gave away free ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭loopymum

Anyone get theirs yet? I ordered 8 days ago and it shipped that day but no delivery yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

loopymum wrote: »
    Anyone get theirs yet? I ordered 8 days ago and it shipped that day but no delivery yet
    I've used mymemory a few times and their shipping has always been extremely slow. I always got what I ordered but it took ages

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

My memory ship from jersey I think, 8 days probably isn't unusual from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rmongey

Ordered 3x on 15th, arrived yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭loopymum

Great. Thanks

I did have an order that got lost from them once and I actually forgot about it for a few weeks. Its was a bargain alert from here for power banks. They resent them when I then though. Good to deal with

• Advertisement
Advertisement