Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Roses/Heroes/Quality Street/Celebrations et al Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Not too sure if it’s been posted already, Lidl have 4 medium selection boxes for €5 Mars & M&M were in store, not sure if others are on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I haven't come across anything yet. Not even a teaser that they were doing them.
    However they generally don't give much notice about the offers if they are really good.
    Dunnes are also rubbish on social media.

Has anyone heard anything of dunnes 12 days?

Should be starting yesterday /today? I shop in dunnes but don't live close enough for a curiosity stroll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

They had romantica ice cream down to €4, but wasn't specifically advertised for it. This was one of the 12 days dunnes had last year if I'm not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

matchthis wrote: »
    They had romantica ice cream down to €4, but wasn't specifically advertised for it. This was one of the 12 days dunnes had last year if I'm not mistaken

Yeah it was half price last year I think, it was listed as a 12 day offer but lasted longer.

Maybe all the offers last longer / stock sold I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tesco tubs are still a fiver
    SAVE 1.01 Was 6.00 Now 4.99
    valid from 11/12/2019 until 17/12/2019

it ends on 17th so I predict a big price drop, probably 3 for a tenner, mine is still stocked to the roof with them and I do not notice people buying them. I think they have copped on from previous years that they will drop more.

I thought it strange that only the QS had a good price so far in tesco, at 3euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Celebrations/Heroes/Roses/Quality Street tubs all €3.50 this morning in Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Celebrations/Heroes/Roses/Quality Street tubs all €3.50 this morning in Dunnes

Is this Nationwide? Also any limit per customer? Need to get about 15 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭lau1247

dan786 wrote: »

don't recall seeing limit, plenty in stock when i was there today

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Love heroes but dinky decker and cream egg nobody I know eats them they all go in the bin

Mini mint crisp, tiffin, fruit and nut or while nut would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

lau1247 wrote: »
    don't recall seeing limit, plenty in stock when i was there today

Cheers. Managed to find them in third store , were sold out in two. Thankfully all stores are within 5 mins of each other .

• Advertisement

Love heroes but dinky decker and cream egg nobody I know eats them they all go in the bin
    mother of jaysus! what a waste, bring them into work. The creme eggs ones are better than creme eggs as there is a better ratio of chocolate to goo.

all the tubs are 3.99 in aldi
    https://www.aldi.ie/celebrations-tub/p/063594006586200

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Love heroes but dinky decker and cream egg nobody I know eats them they all go in the bin

We need an online exchange for boardsies - I will swap you fudges for the dinky deckers (they are one of my faves!) :pac::pac:

Victoria biscuits are €3 in LIDL at the moment - 550g pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

dan786 wrote: »
    There were loads in Dunnes Carlow. In 2 or 3 piles, and more brought out from the warehouse while I was there. No sign that I could see about limits - I bought 5.

the 800g QS is Quality Street Tin is showing as €5.49 in tesco
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=304570130

what works out 4.46 if it was the regular tub so not great, some might like the bigger metal tin though.

roses 800g tin is 6euro

After christmas the tubs in tesco will be 3euro

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32789000

Cadbury Roses 600G Tub
    Special OfferSAVE 3.00 Was 6.00 Now 3.00valid from tomorrow (25/12/2019) until 8/1/2020

€3.00(€5.00/kg)

loads of other xmas chocolate will be reduced after xmas and prices are showing now.

Celebrations €3 in tesco ballybrack yesterday, but no other tubs. Some other xmas stock was being reduced further too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Be sticking to dairy box and lindor in future, worth the extra money. The usual suspects just taste awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Celebrations is probably the best of them. Heroes has some duds in there and Roses have been a dissppointment for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Tubs of Celebrations in Aldi (650g, best before 02/21)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

About bloody time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

2 for €10 Roses, Heroes etc tubs in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Tiat Young

4 euro each in dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

These look promising given how rubbish roses have become but will need big price drop
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/306661296

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

123654789 wrote: »
    These look promising given how rubbish roses have become but will need big price drop
    https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/306661296

Saw them advertised and thought they would be pricy enough. Thats the sterling amount on them so prob another 3 or 4 on top of that price. Cant see them been reduced too much

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Stopped buying Roses when they squished the tin then started the airbag individual wrapping, not even trying to hide the shinkflation anymore.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tiat Young wrote: »
    4 euro each in dunnes

Just to note, this is till Sunday only - 13/09/2020

526018.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Supercell wrote: »
    Stopped buying Roses when they squished the tin then started the airbag individual wrapping, not even trying to hide the shinkflation anymore.

This ridiculous argument comes up every year. Usually started by second rate journalists in rag tabloids that wouldn't know a real story if it hit them in the face.

Then people believe that sh1te without thinking themselves.

Yes tubs became smaller and guess what? Prices dropped.

Have a look at this thread. €6 used to be a bargain, now anything over €5 does not warrant a mention.

Look at the price per 100g and you get the real price.

Whilst tabloids won't dare look at something that kills their sensationalist sh1te, hopefully others can.

What I'd like to see is the difference in ingredients between today and 20 years ago. My guess is they were far better quality back then with lower sugar and higher cocoa content.

Proof of price point - op from 6 years ago = 77c/100g
    Post above = 61c/100g

• Cadbury’s heroes could be so much better like there is 3 Different types Of plain chocolate wispa, milk & twirl. Then there’s toffee & creme egg I think they need to go also

Like why not add fruit & nut, tiffen & minit crisp?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Cadbury’s heroes could be so much better like there is 3 Different types Of plain chocolate wispa, milk & twirl. Then there’s toffee & creme egg I think they need to go also

Because only one of those of available in the UK and even then they altered the ingredients of it a few years ago.

Cadbury is complete muck now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Cadbury’s heroes could be so much better like there is 3 Different types Of plain chocolate wispa, milk & twirl. Then there’s toffee & creme egg I think they need to go also

Why not add fruit and nut tiffen? Some people just like to watch the world burn.

Cadbury hero’s are fine just the way they are. ****in tiffen and mint crisp, get the **** out of here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Because only one of those of available in the UK and even then they altered the ingredients of it a few years ago.

Cadbury is complete muck now.

57% Sugar., 23% fat.

Sugar is three of the main ingredients.
    "sugar" "glucose syrup" and "glucose fructose syrup"

Advertisement