Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Vive / Rift] Bargain Alerts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Dr Bob wrote: »
    showing up a s 10 euro sadly

ah... must have been a flash sale

GTA V freebie that was on Epic earlier in the month now has the VR script working with it: http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right now SkyrimVR is 18 quid on steam which is 70% off , its well worth it, especially as theres mod support as well.

Half Life Alyx 25% off

Go GO you fools!

Also PayDay2 is back to €1 on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/218620/PAYDAY_2/

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »

Stunt Kite Masters is actually pretty good... I mean there's not much to it, but you really do feel like you are flying a kite on a beach in Spain or something

I know this because I often take my powerkite down to Tarifa which I couldn't do this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

Path of the Warrior is on sale for €13.99 on the Quest store.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/2032870023439846/

It's cross buy so that if you buy it on the quest store you get the rift version free when you search for it on the rift store after buying it on the quest store. You do not need a quest to buy it.

It's like jumping into the world of streets of rage or double dragon in VR!

Made by Twisted Pixel of Wilson's Heart and Splosion Man fame...worth a shot!

Sega Mega Drive classics with 90% off.

Fully VR playable .. well, at least it's like you're back in your bedroom playing the console again

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13945/SEGA_Mega_Drive_and_Genesis_Classics/

Comes up as €7 for me as I think I got a few freebies over the years

• Advertisement

Have you ever tried EmuVR MrCheez?

Basically play emulators of your favourite retro consoles in a virtual bedroom in VR with proper CRT monitors that have that old fashioned scanline look. It's free too.

Doge wrote: »
    Have you ever tried EmuVR MrCheez?

Basically play emulators of your favourite retro consoles in a virtual bedroom in VR with proper CRT monitors that have that old fashioned scanline look. It's free too.

That looks cool, actually fairly similar to the Megadrive Classics environment.

I have New Retro Arcade Neon on SteamVR which is probably my favourite way to play Mame and arcade games like that, but I'll give EmuVR a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Humble Fall VR Bundle, all Steam keys:

Tier 1 (€0.85)
    A-Tech Cybernetic — Archangel: Hellfire - Fully Loaded — Killing Floor Incursion

Tier 2 (€8.52)
    Rat Data

Tier 3 (BTA currently €12.59)
    I Expect You To Die — Creed: Rise to Glory™

Tier 4 (€14.49)
    The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners — Zero Caliber VR

Tier 4 (€14.49)
    The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

An insane bundle! So many good games in there! - (Steam keys though - so Virtual Desktop jobby for most)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I bought it to try the creed game for maybe working out to after watching that video of the vr sceptic saying it was no good for exercise

I was so sure I had at least some of those, but I guess I have them on Oculus Store instead... or PSVR :D

This is superb, particularly seeing as I was on the verge of dropping €40 on Saints and Sinners any day now

Skerries wrote: »
    I bought it to try the creed game for maybe working out to after watching that video of the vr sceptic saying it was no good for exercise

That boxing game is THrill of the Fight not creed if im thinking of the same video.

Zero Calibre is absolutely epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Shlippery wrote: »
    An insane bundle! So many good games in there! - (Steam keys though - so Virtual Desktop jobby for most)

As a non quest owner , is that only for wireless , or does it not work natively with a long USBC cable?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As a non quest owner , is that only for wireless , or does it not work natively with a long USBC cable?

You can use either but at the moment the quality and performance is better with virtual desktop(provided you have a good connection). I found it to be too much faffing though myself so went back to using the cable.

I prefer going wireless now, my long USBC cable (the "Link" cable) has been sitting in the cupboard gathering dust.

This Realistic VR Bundle is nowhere near as good as the recent humble bundle , but it’s 63% off and includes Thief Simulator VR and Ultimate Fishing VR for €16.25

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12654/Realistic_VR_Bundle/

Thief Simulator looks like it could be great fun altogether, have had my eye on it since it’s development.

Ultimate Fishing VR looks good too but seems to borrow a lot from Real Fishing VR.

You can do ice fishing Eskimo style and deep sea fishing, can walk around environments or drive boats.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/elite-dangerous/home
    Elite dangerous is free at the moment on the Epic store , probably one of the best seated VR games around
    (its a pity that the onfoot parts in the new expansion are going to be flat gaming only , but hey! at least the rest is VR)

Asgard's Wrath now free for ALL Quest 2 owners... the people have spoken!!

https://twitter.com/OculusSupport/status/1330990423343464449

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice!

Anyone been able to avail of that offer? Game still says €39.99 for me.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone been able to avail of that offer? Game still says €39.99 for me.

Seems they made it a bit awkward and we need to contact their support with proof of purchase... Hopefully they streamline it a bit next week

mrcheez wrote: »
    Seems they made it a bit awkward and we need to contact their support with proof of purchase... Hopefully they streamline it a bit next week

Yeah I had a look at reddit and it sounds like too much effort to me at the mo, going by the comments.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah I had a look at reddit and it sounds like too much effort to me at the mo, going by the comments.

I'm also wondering if I have to use my pseudonym as I have a fake FB account... better make sure to update my email name to the same :D

Advertisement