Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get a place to rent without work or landlord references?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,864 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

beejee wrote: »
    , what's the other cripple getting for it?

Eh, as you eloquently put it, shelter with privacy and dignity, at market rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I don't see why a self employed person should be considered any more risky than an employee, they are potentially less risky in many ways.
    I see it not as being a self-employed person being more risky, but rather that to a landlord, the tenant with references vs the tenant who has no references, that the former wins.
    beejee wrote: »
    But the bigger picture of it all is unseemly.
    The bigger picture is that when the "small time" landlords are pushed out, the requirements will increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cant even username rn

Yay, replies. cheers :) suppose I may consider one or two of those tactics soon :/
    angeleyes wrote: »
    If your business is doing well, perhaps save for a deposit and buy your own home/apartment.

Not completely *that* well yet ;p besides, I'd rather not buy into this market - bring on the next crash already ;D if it actually took who it should down with it this time, that is

Advertisement