Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC Alarm with Home Assistant Integration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Capt. Insano

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    I got both the 8/12 and the 1070 panels to work in the end, here's what needs to be done to save people countless hours spent testing:

- Open up all your sensors and remove any resistors (if you have any) then wire black/red wires to the last two locations on the sensor (you might lose tamper alert on the sensor if the resistors were used for that) This was the cause of all my problems - resistors
    - Remove any resistors from the panel itself (if any)
    - Set all zone hardware to Non EOL if Dual EOL/Single EOL
    - Program Output 1 to Confirmed and Output 2 to Open/Close - this will give you alarm status and arm/disarm status
    - Turn down all the way the potentiometers on the Konnected boards, carefully
    - Set inverse: true in Home Assistant config file for each zone
    binary_sensors:
        - zone: 1
          type: door
          name: 'Front Door'
          inverse: true

- Connect Konnected pin to the black wire on the alarm panel.
    - Wire up one of the relays to a zone that is set to type Key and pulse Yes to arm/disarm remotely
    - Wire up one of the relays to a zone that is set to type Alarm to set off the alarm remotely

Thanks a million for this, I just managed to figure out my engineers code today so I have ordered a konnected INTERFACE.

Thanks for your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'm looking to get the Konnected interface for my alarm, it's a HKC will look at what type it is later. On the Konnected site now there's 5 options for the interface kit.

6 zone (with siren or strobe output)
    6 zone (with low voltage trigger output)
    12 zone
    18 zone
    24 zone

Which would be the kit to get so that I can remotely arm/disarm?

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Del2005 wrote: »
    I'm looking to get the Konnected interface for my alarm, it's a HKC will look at what type it is later. On the Konnected site now there's 5 options for the interface kit.

6 zone (with siren or strobe output)
    6 zone (with low voltage trigger output)
    12 zone
    18 zone
    24 zone

Which would be the kit to get so that I can remotely arm/disarm?

They will all allow you to remotely disarm; if you are just adding this onto your existing HKC, then you'll just need the 6 zone one - if you're not adding additional sirens or triggers, then either one is fine. Note you have to have a compatible hub running too, for remote access

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Make sure you get the one with how many zones you have + 2 extra zones. You will need one zone for remote arming and one zone for getting the alarm status (is it going off or not)
    You will also need one free zone on your HKC panel for the remote arming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I have a HKC alarm that has an Aug 05 date on it.

I think I probably know the answer but is there anything I could do with the konnected parallel solution? I'd really like to arm/disarm remotely and get notified when the alarm has gone off.

I've attached a few pictures for reference.

• Advertisement

The board doesn't really matter I had the konnected working on both 812 and on the 1070 that I replaced it with.
    You just need one free zone for the remote arm/disarm, which looks like you don't have (you could always join up 2 zones together and make room that way I guess)
    For the arm status you just connect to the ArmDisarm connection on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

SD_DRACULA wrote: »
    The board doesn't really matter I had the konnected working on both 812 and on the 1070 that I replaced it with.
    You just need one free zone for the remote arm/disarm, which looks like you don't have (you could always join up 2 zones together and make room that way I guess)
    For the arm status you just connect to the ArmDisarm connection on the side.

Thanks, I think I may have a free zone on the little board that's on the bottom, need to have another look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Hi lads,

I have an 8/12 HKC panel and this thread has answered all my questions to integrate konnected 12 zone kit.
    My issue now is I cant access the engineer menu. The default password 4567 doesn't work.

Really eager to get this all connected. Can anyone point me in a direction to reset this panel to default so I can use the default codes again?.
    Just need it to program a free zone I have for the remote arm/disarm.

Thanks all for the great info in this thread.

Any help on defaulting this old panel would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Paul.

There is a chance you might need to send it to hkc to have it reset if it's protected.
    Check the manual as there is a way to reset it and if it doesn't work then you might need to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

You guys buying these direct from the states or the one UK company that seems to be selling them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Is there some conformity on this product that it complies with EN50131 aka the bench mark that insurance companies use for compliance ?

Can this unit recognise that the control panel cover has been removed ?

Is this unit capable of analysing inertia shock sensors ?

Is this unit capable of transmitting alarm activation's in the event of a power cut ? Whereby if battery back up is used at the panel ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bigwasp

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, I just need a little help

I have the 12 zone interface kit and a 812 with 6 zones used.

All zone hardware was set to Non EO

The relay on the konnected interface is connected to zone 4 on the alarm panel

On the second interface card Zones 5 & 6 are connected to the Arm/disarm and Alarm Outputs, both are set as doors in HA ("Program Output 1 to Confirmed" I don't understand this as it is not an option to me)

Everything is connected as per https://youtu.be/-zOMsLEMQgg

On the alarm panel zone 4 is set to

Zone type = Key

Zone option= Key Pulse

I can see the status of the doors and windows in home assistant, but I'm unable to set the alarm via HA.

Am I missing anything.

Thanks for your help.

When you go to your integrations pane and click on the Konnected one make sure you have the correct type set for OUT

Then it should just get created as a normal toggle switch in HA

Thanks, I had this done and I can see the blue LED and hear the relay react when I flick the switch but nothing

Set that zone to Non EOL, Soak: N

Are you getting the toggle switch in HA to trigger the relay? If yes and it works fine then it might be something in the settings of the panel itself.

Also set the momentary switch on the relay to 500 at least so that the relay doesn't fire too quickly. That's the 500 value in the code I sent you.

That should be it, as long as it is wired correctly (tried the cable going to either +/- port on the zone?)

Set that zone to Non EOL, Soak: N - yes this was done

Are you getting the toggle switch in HA to trigger the relay? If yes and it works fine then it might be something in the settings of the panel itself. - yes I have a toggle switch and when I flick it it activated the relay.

Also set the momentary switch on the relay to 500 at least so that the relay doesn't fire too quickly. That's the 500 value in the code I sent you. - Yes I saw that thank you very much

That should be it, as long as it is wired correctly (tried the cable going to either +/- port on the zone?) - isn't there 2 wires going from the relay to the zone and in the video he say it doesn't matter which way?

Thanks again for the help.

Also, does you toggle switch stay on? My going on then off?

I can see the status of the alarm and if it is arm or not. But the only thing I'm not able to do is to remote arm/disarm.

Yes it stays on for 500 ms then turns off both when I arm and disarm the alarm so that's normal.

What you can do to test that key zone is take a piece of wire and join the + and - on it, that should arm it, if not then something else is not right with the panel.

Hi I got it working. Turns out that even though the zone was not in use it was wired, I left the wires in place when I connected the relay to it and it is this that caused the problem. I managed to get my hands on a expansion card for the 812 (by pure luck) and I connected the relay to that and left the orginal zone I tried to use alone just in case. All works perfectly. Thanks a million for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 s3t0_kaiba

My turn to resurrect this thread! I’ve an HKC 8/12, trying to wire in an Konnected.io interface. Have been reading all of the above with interest and experienced most of the same issues, flapping zone status etc, which I’ve now resolved. I cannot however get the Armed or Alarm status from the panel outputs. By default the HKC 8/12 has output 3 as Alarm, output 4 is Arm/Disarm. But the status never changes in Smart Things when I arm or set it off. Anyone get these working? What did you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

You need to use a relay into a zone set as arm/disarm

• Registered Users Posts: 2 s3t0_kaiba

I’m using the Konnected.io interface module to do this, wiring the outputs to a zone as per the video shared earlier in the thread by BigWasp above.

Didn’t think I needed to buy an extra relay?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Is the arming/disarming working?

If you put a meter on the output for the arm/disarm in the 8/12 panel does the output change state?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Darren_walsh51

Hi guys,

I got konnected installed with my hkc by an alarm installer but he didn't finish the job (I think it was too much trouble for him)

I have all the sensors working and the arm state but not the on off switch or the siren state.

Anybody know someone who'd come out to Wicklow town to finish the job?

I know it's probably a 10 minute job for someone who knows what they're doing, so I have security cameras that need swapping out too if that makes it a more worthwhile job.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'm looking to integrate my HKC 10270 (v4.0.1) with Home Assistant. I'm only looking for one way integration, i.e. sniff alarm events only, not interested in remote arm/disarm.

I was trying in vain to get any serial output from J4 (I have a GSM card connected to J3). I had a thorough look through the engineer menus but the options for enabling serial port output/serial printers seem to be gone. (Perhaps only available on the 1070?). There is an option to enable peripheral on serial port but it fails as presumably there is a handshake which I don't know.

Are any installers aware of how to enable serial logging on v4.0.1?

This link seems to indicate that the serial port J4 is spewing events by default on v4.3.0.

If this is not possible, can the SecureLink 700 USB port be used to sniff alarm events on a permanent basis?

Thanks!

Post edited by Jonathan on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I don't want to replace the existing alarm. I was hoping to be able to snoop on alarm events; arm, disarm, alarm, sensor open/close etc.

You don't have to.

They sell 2 kits, one that replaces the alarm and one that piggybacks off it which is what I use with a 1070 panel.

It gives you each zone status, alarm status and you can toggle it on/off quite easily from HA

Thanks. That won't have visibility of the wireless zones though. Might give my installer a shout and see if the F/W on my board can be updated to 4.3.

• Advertisement

Its operation is very basic, you could do the exact same with esp32 and relays, just connect to each zone and read if open/closed but I suppose will only work with wired setups.

Advertisement