Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MSc in Diagnostic Radiography at Trinity

• 27-07-2019 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I have been shortlisted for an interview to study the above course at Trinity. Does anyone know what type of questions I should prepare for? I'm expecting the usual ones like why I'd like to study Radiography and why I chose Trinity but I'm wondering what else they may ask. Also, any advice from people who are on this course or who are working as radiographers now would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks a mill :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DJMousehand

Hi There,
    I've also been called to interview, 6th August . I think they will ask why you want to do the course, how you can contribute etc. Tie in your past experience to the job/course and know some of the modality basic like CT etc. I think we could be asked why we should be offered a place etc...I would love to know how many people are being interviewed? There are 20 places on the course. Did you apply for UCD's graduate course? The interview I believe is only 20 minutes.

Also, I would like to know the difference between the UCD course and this one. They are both accelerated graduate programmes but UCD is 0.5 years longer and is far more expensive even though it is a graduate BSc as opposed to TCD's MSc.

All the best with the interview, im sure it will go well.

PS: I think this is a new course like the UCD one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Reillj28

Hey hope the interview went well in the end. Can I ask what questioned they asked you? And did they expect you to have experiences within the field.?
    I am a qualified disability nurse hoping to get an interview next year! I did partake in work experience in a radiology department while in TY however that is many years ago now....

Hi There:
    Why you want to become one? What you bring i.e., past experiences. I come from a totally non related area but if you know your anatomy its a great head start.

Id say you will get an interiew as you have a health science background. PM me for more detailed answers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chloe11

Hi all, sorry to be reopening this but I am struggling to find anyone to speak to who has applied or completed this programme, any help would be appreciated, I similarly are from a basic health background and are interest in this degree. My main question is is this degree accredited does anyone know?

Chloe11 wrote: »
    Hi all, sorry to be reopening this but I am struggling to find anyone to speak to who has applied or completed this programme, any help would be appreciated, I similarly are from a basic health background and are interest in this degree. My main question is is this degree accredited does anyone know?

I'm actually doing this course at the moment. The course can only be accredited after 1st year afaik. Wouldn't be concerned about accreditation . If you want to discuss let me know I can tell you whatever you need to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Chloe11

Thanks for getting back to me! That’s great! Do you know how to private message on this, I am a newbie on this so not very aware 😀 my main question is is shadowing required? Unfortunately I had been due to complete my shadowing but due to the COVID 19 this did not happen, however I work with an imaging company carrying out quality control on Ct Mri etc and are woundering if this may be of benefit to me. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 instanel

I'm actually doing this course at the moment. The course can only be accredited after 1st year afaik. Wouldn't be concerned about accreditation . If you want to discuss let me know I can tell you whatever you need to know

Hi there, would it be okay if I could ask you a few things about the course? Seriously considering applying for 2021 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 janiestarr

Hi there, I've got a place on course for 2021, could I ask you a few qs about course? Thanks so much.

instanel wrote: »
    Hi there, would it be okay if I could ask you a few things about the course? Seriously considering applying for 2021 :)

Yes no bother. Ill send you my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 interrupting

Hi! Interested in applying for MSc in Diagnostic Radiography at Trinity] - just wondering how you're finding it this year? I've a non-science background and undergrad - any thoughts of likelihood of getting in with that?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hi! Interested in applying for MSc in Diagnostic Radiography at Trinity] - just wondering how you're finding it this year? I've a non-science background and undergrad - any thoughts of likelihood of getting in with that?

Thanks!

Pm me and I can call you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 melody1234

janiestarr wrote: »
    Hi there, I've got a place on course for 2021, could I ask you a few qs about course? Thanks so much.

Hi! I was also told I had a place on the course for September 2021, but the mytcd portal has now been updated to say that I'm on a waiting list for 2021. Is this the case for you as well?

I was under the impression that the offer was on the sole condition that the course goes ahead in September, and that our applications would not need to be re-assessed. I have contacted the course directors but haven't heard anything back, have you had any luck?

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ldvfr

Hi everyone,

I applied for 2021 entry for this course in February and I’m yet to hear anything back. I know they were in contact with my referees and thought there might be some movement with it. Did it take long for anyone else to hear? Thanks :)

Ldvfr wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I applied for 2021 entry for this course in February and I’m yet to hear anything back. I know they were in contact with my referees and thought there might be some movement with it. Did it take long for anyone else to hear? Thanks :)

Hi there,

I actually applied in February 2020 and didn't hear anything until about late June, when I was told I had an interview. They postponed the course from September 2020 to January 2021 and again to September 2021. I've found that the course directors listed aren't great for getting back, but the best person to try and contact is Laura Kenny

Hope you hear something soon! :)

melody1234 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I actually applied in February 2020 and didn't hear anything until about late June, when I was told I had an interview. They postponed the course from September 2020 to January 2021 and again to September 2021. I've found that the course directors listed aren't great for getting back, but the best person to try and contact is Laura Kenny

Hope you hear something soon! :)
    Hey thanks for writing back.

I actually didn’t realise that they postponed the course because I spoke to the course directors late 2019 when I was still in my undergrad. Was there any reason why this happened or was it pandemic related?

Thanks for letting me know about a timeframe though, I can relax with checking the portal every few days now

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HopefulBetty

Hey thanks for writing back.

I actually didn’t realise that they postponed the course because I spoke to the course directors late 2019 when I was still in my undergrad. Was there any reason why this happened or was it pandemic related?

Thanks for letting me know about a timeframe though, I can relax with checking the portal every few days now

I didn't realise they postponed the course either. I applied in Nov 2020 for the Jan 2021 intake and was not successful. So I thought the course went ahead.
    My application was weak, very rushed. I am considering applying again before June for the Sept 2021 start date, but if they are not actually running the course or deferring people by a further 6 months I'm not sure if I will.
    Anyone have any other insights?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 instanel

Has anyone here applied for the ucd grad entry course heard anything back from the college? I got an email from UCD in Feb saying they received my application, but have heard nothing since. Thanks! :-)

Has anyone here applied for the ucd grad entry course heard anything back from the college? I got an email from UCD in Feb saying they received my application, but have heard nothing since. Thanks! :-)

Hi, I am on the UCD forum also and nope, haven't heard a thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jessier3142

Hey I’ve also applied and got an email from UCD on the 12th May offering me a place. Hopefully you will hear soon.

Hey I’ve also applied and got an email from UCD on the 12th May offering me a place. Hopefully you will hear soon.

Congratulations Jessier that is great news!
    I had my interview yesterday so hope to hear either way soon. Did you have much time between interview and offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jessier3142

Congratulations Jessier that is great news!
    I had my interview yesterday so hope to hear either way soon. Did you have much time between interview and offer?

Thank you I hope your interview went well and hopefully you won’t be waiting too long to hear 🀞ðŸ¼
    I didn’t actually have to do an interview, I have a medical background so maybe that’s why...

Hey everyone, has anyone heard anything from TCD on this yet?

Hey everyone, has anyone heard anything from TCD on this yet?

Hey there,

I'm yet to hear back from them, I believe I was contacted in late July regarding an interview last year. I have been told of people hearing that they have a place on a master's course in August when they are due to start in September in a normal year, nevermind a Covid year. I have been in contact with the academic office and as far as they are aware, the course is going to go ahead as planned in September anyway.

Fingers crossed that we hear back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dulce Mar Giner

Hey There,

Any updates from previous applicants 2019 onwards @ tcd. How did you find the course? Is it intense or you manage to fit in your busy Schedule?

How many days in a week do you usually go to college on campus?

Would love to hear from you.

Thank you .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dinesh4693

Hello Everyone,

I'm interested in applying for MSc in Diagnostic Radiography at Trinity College. I have some experience in the medical field such as Gynecology, Emergency Medicine department but not sure how it will help me to crack the interview process. Can anyone please help me with this?. I am thinking of doing some online certifications but still would like to connect with one of you for better understanding.

Thank you

Advertisement