Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

If 100 people are tied on 1500 points, the amount of transfers made overall during the entire season is the tiebreaker iirc.

So if somebody has made zero transfers the past few weeks they would likely jump above someone who has made a few free transfers. I presume that is what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I rose on GW30, 31, and 32, but have had the elusive grey arrow since then, staying at 3,197 OR.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Same here, dropped in GW30 but increased since? No hits.

29: 1,017,736
    30: 1,013,903
    31: 1,014,526
    32: 1,014,466
    33: 1,015,704
    34: 1,015,693

Did you make transfers though? Rankings go in order of transfers made at each points level so making free transfers is going to result in a drop vs those who made no changes. On the weeks you made no traders you should see a gw rank of 1 and in the weeks you did make transfers it's about 7,000,000. Who knew it would be some easy to get a gw rank of 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any interest in the belerusian premier league fantasy football? Me and a few mates are entering... God bless Google translate is all I can say.

https://by.tribuna.com/fantasy/football/tournament/299.html

Ive first dibs on the team name 'You cheeky little Minsk'

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any interest in the belerusian premier league fantasy football? Me and a few mates are entering... God bless Google translate is all I can say.

https://by.tribuna.com/fantasy/football/tournament/299.html

Ive first dibs on the team name 'You cheeky little Minsk'

Covid19 isolation has peaked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Covid19 isolation has peaked

I thought virtual fpl was the peak but no this tops it!

I thought virtual fpl was the peak but no this tops it!

Now we just need Belarusian 01/02 virtual fpl to cap things off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Eredivise has been cancelled. No champs promotion or relegation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Talk of allowing teams to make 5 subs to help with the hectic schedule were football to return. Not good for FPL!

Lundstram wrote: »
    Talk of allowing teams to make 5 subs to help with the hectic schedule were football to return. Not good for FPL!

That'll be fun! As long as we get to see some football I would be happy if they all agreed to make 11 changes at half time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,503 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Big advantage to the likes of Man City and their multi-million pound bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Is anybody out there still tweaking their teams during this hiatus?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Oh lord imagine Pep's rotation with 2 extra subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

eagle eye wrote: »

Hopefully give Scott Carson a run out :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

eagle eye wrote: »

But half the squad have tested positive in last 2 weeks.

But half the squad have tested positive in last 2 weeks.

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

jimmii wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

Speculation, same as every other post about what will happen before the end of the season.

Ok I apologise but nobody has a clue what is going on.

Speculation, same as every other post about what will happen before the end of the season.

Ok I apologise but nobody has a clue what is going on.

The 5 subs idea comes from a fifa statement and has been reported by pretty much every major sports news outlet it's a bit more than speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Another green arrow and a rise of 4 places for me up to the heady heights of 75,955.

This whole not making transfers approach is the most successful strategy I've ever seen playing FPL

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Another green arrow and a rise of 4 places for me up to the heady heights of 75,955.

This whole not making transfers approach is the most successful strategy I've ever seen playing FPL

This is my best run of form this season! I'm not greedy though so next season if I only get a gw rank of 1 once I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My Gameweek History reads...
    7Green arrows in a row.
    Gameweek rank of #1 overall 6 weeks in a row.
    Moved from 187,120 to 187,097 in that time

Would be nice if the decision makers would let us know what is going to happen.

I’m tempted to WC in 37 and BB in 38 but I could be shooting myself in the foot if they are thinking of a different ending to the game.

It seems very unlikely they’ll have a bumper GW if the premier league returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Would be nice if the decision makers would let us know what is going to happen.

I’m tempted to WC in 37 and BB in 38 but I could be shooting myself in the foot if they are thinking of a different ending to the game.

It seems very unlikely they’ll have a bumper GW if the premier league returns.

I agree with this as putting too many games in one week would give an unfair advantage to anyone who has retained one of their chips. A bench boost in a week with at least nine possible games for every player would be worth far too many points in a situation which no one could have expected to be possible earlier in the season. Guess it depends on how many in FPL headquarters have used up their chips on their own teams.

Aye.

But when will they tell us their plans or what options they’re considering ?

Not much good finding out after GW 37 if one should have used it by then.

Very frustrating. Even if we just had an idea of what they are thinking whether it be that the final deadline will definitely be the final deadline or if they're planning on adding additional gameweeks and under what circumstances or if they have already thrown in the towel and are just waiting for someone to make the official decision. It doesn't take much to give us an update on the options being considered.

I think the boys at FFS have some sort of connection or relationship with the main site so I’m surprised they haven’t pushed them for some clarity.

They probably only have much contact with the marketing team I would imagine. Maybe Mark does from when he was on the fpl show but he doesn't seem to have had much involvement for a while due to illness. Maybe now he is coming back he'll be able to tap up some of his contacts see if he can find something out.

You would hope there have been meetings where whoever the decision makers are have discussed how the game proceeds all they need to do is really share that. Granted whoever is "head of fpl" probably has other responsibilities but safe to say the game is a big driver of traffic to the site only fair your customers get updated on what the plans are to finish the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think the PL will restart playing on June 8th. All the plans are being made currently. How the FPL game will work, I have no clue. GW would be pretty quick with the 'festival of football' idea. We could see a few DGWs possibly.

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    I think the PL will restart playing on June 8th. All the plans are being made currently. How the FPL game will work, I have no clue. GW would be pretty quick with the 'festival of football' idea. We could see a few DGWs possibly.

It would be like the christmas period which we all love! As far as I know they haven't hinted at additinal gameweeks being an option and kind of contradicts what they have on the site even if it is probably the most sensible option now. We'll presumably have to wait until there fixtures are arranged and then fpl will tell us what they are going to do but seems highly likely it will be pretty messy. They really should have just suspended gameweeks would have made life so much easier for themselves!

Advertisement