Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

manual_man wrote: »
    When I read ffs the first thing I thought is fantasy football scout

This is an addiction, lads

I don't have a problem. I can quit any time I want.....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hate the new site template/layout

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

When I read ffs the first thing I thought is fantasy football scout

This is an addiction, lads

Took me a while to work that one out! I was like well what else could it be oh yeah normal people words I rememebr those. I only realised the game started because the wife said she wanted fish and chips tonight and that instantly made me think of ffs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ayoze Perez in as a midfielder, very interesting....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hello team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I wonder if the guys at the AFCON and Copa America will be late starting back for the first game or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

I wonder if the guys at the AFCON and Copa America will be late starting back for the first game or two?

AfCon lads who get to SF/final most definitely I think. Copa America lads I'd say will depend on the individual players.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

With that in mind I took Aguero out and put Sterling in as my premium City attacker

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Any free boards leagues being made this season?

Theres a few others im hoping get renewed i was in last year will have to dig around online to find out info on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Any free boards leagues being made this season?

Theres a few others im hoping get renewed i was in last year will have to dig around online to find out info on them!

There will be a few come the start of the season. If you're not in the FSA league system that's worth getting involved with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

razorblunt wrote: »
    Hourihane or Grealish?

Hourihane ofc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Finding it tough to get a few big hitters in the team early on this year

Hopefully a few 4.0 midfielders will be available.

Any thoughts as to why no 4.0m midfielders or even strikers for that matter ?

They introduced a couple of 4.0m midfielders towards the end of last season and I was hoping it was a sign of things to come for this season.

It really takes away formation flexibility.

I wanted to look at playing 4, or maybe even 5, at the back but it means having 1.0-1.5m of extra dead money on the bench.

There are plenty of deadwood midfielders and strikers that could be 4.0m so why do they price up the deadwood defenders at 4.0m ?

It just encourages more people to play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2

It’s ****ing stupid.

I don't think there's a better season to play 5 at the back

I'm on: VVD TAA Robertson Digne Laporte and it'll take a lot to convince me to change

• Registered Users Posts: 32,824 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any thoughts as to why no 4.0m midfielders or even strikers for that matter ?

They introduced a couple of 4.0m midfielders towards the end of last season and I was hoping it was a sign of things to come for this season.

It really takes away formation flexibility.

I wanted to look at playing 4, or maybe even 5, at the back but it means having 1.0-1.5m of extra dead money on the bench.

There are plenty of deadwood midfielders and strikers that could be 4.0m so why do they price up the deadwood defenders at 4.0m ?

It just encourages more people to play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2

It’s ****ing stupid.

Were there 4.0 midfielders last year?

CSF wrote: »
    Were there 4.0 midfielders last year?

Yes added towards the end of last season like klopparama said

I'm on: VVD TAA Robertson Digne Laporte and it'll take a lot to convince me to change

I have my eye on something similar but it means my deadwood are all sitting there at 4.5m each.

That’s 1.5m and it really impacts the quality of the rest of the team.

It’s the difference between having Lacazette rather than Kane.

Edit - one would have to be 4.5m so it’s 1.0m extra spent on deadwood. So it’s having Alli over De Bruyne.

I have my eye on something similar but it means my deadwood are all sitting there at 4.5m each.

That’s 1.5m and it really impacts the quality of the rest of the team.

It’s the difference between having Lacazette rather than Kane.

I don't know if you should think about it like that though. My view is that the 5 defenders i mentioned will likely outscore the majority of similarly priced - and indeed more expensive - midfielders and forwards

Also notice there are no players at the 10 or 10.5 mark.

So it’s a leap from 9.5m to 11.0m for strikers or 9.5m to 11.5m for midfielders.

I don't know if you should think about it like that though. My view is that the 5 defenders i mentioned will likely outscore the majority of similarly priced - and indeed more expensive - midfielders and forwards

I’ll leave the decision until later and whilst I’m leaning toward agreeing with your point I still think it takes away from the game and leads to similar approaches by the majority.

Surely they could have tried to stop everything feeling a little templatey.

• Advertisement

I’ll leave the decision until later and whilst I’m leaning toward agreeing with your point I still think it takes away from the game and leads to similar approaches by the majority.

I'm not sure i agree with you there. Last season didn't feel very templatey to me (and i liked it), and i think this season could be the same. A lot of people are so invested in the idea of 3-4-3 and will probably stick with it. I think teams playing 5 at the back will still be pretty few and far between, so it could be a good way to get an advantage. At the very least it will make things more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Agree, there's no 6.5 mids that compare with the potential of VVD or Laporte. I'll have 4 premium defs at least. The big decision will be 3 Pool or 2 plus Salah/Mané.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The big decision will be 3 Pool or 2 plus Salah/Mané.

Need Pool attack imo, plenty of goals in that team.

I will have very little time "pre season" and for the first few gameweeks to be over analysing things due to real life ! This may not be a bad thing though.
    I will set up for first few gameweeks as I always do and if I am planning on BB will have to go with 2 ****e 4.5 ml keepers.......just spotted Brighton have 3 decent home games in first 5.......and rotate well with Burnely. Very well in fact
    A quick look at fixtures and knowing I will need a steady start means 3 pool is a given. Salah, Robbo/TAA and VVD most likely. I will have Digne as well i would say. A Bournemouth mid (brooks). Aguero and maybe Laporte. A few ****e promoted defenders/mids. And some more penalty takers. I won't be straying too far from template early on
    And that template will be based mainly on last season..........
    I will be playing varying formations. Hoping against hoping to unearth another AWB but doesn't look likely.
    One player I will be watching closely over preseason is Mason Greenwood. If Lukaku goes (he will) there is absolutely no guarantees a replacement will be signed. This will leave Rashford as the main striker...........Greenwood would then get gametime. It also makes Martial and Sanchez interesting.......

Sanchez and Martial are very interesting indeed.

I think Martial is a smashing player and if he gets enough minutes in preseason he’ll be in my team.

Greenwood wasn’t on my radar so I’ll be keeping an eye on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,824 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yes added towards the end of last season like klopparama said

This completely skipped my notice somehow. Who was it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

CSF wrote:
    This completely skipped my notice somehow. Who was it?

One was Harvey Elliott for Fulham so that explains why he's not there. :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's funny how one season can change people opinions, I went with a defence of Allison, Mendy, Tripper, Robertson, Alonso early on last season and was told I was mad.

Fast forward less than 9 months and it's all the rage do have the premium lads...

Matt Targett has signed for Villa

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    It's funny how one season can change people opinions, I went with a defence of Allison, Mendy, Tripper, Robertson, Alonso early on last season and was told I was mad.

Fast forward less than 9 months and it's all the rage do have the premium lads...

I was also on TRAM and I dont know how well it went.....I had a solid start though so I guess it went ok?

Advertisement