Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knightsgate, Rush

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭OctoberMammy

I think that's where the playground is to go

Just wondering where you heard about the playground? One of our neighbours mentioned there was going to be one installed, but when I asked Glenveagh about it they said no.

Unless Fingal Co. Co. are going to put it in? Be great if so, it's a bit of a trek down to the harbour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I thought someone had mentioned it as going there but I suppose if Glenvaugh are saying no then that's probably wrong. Hopefully they fill it in and get grass or whatever down soon if not

• Registered Users Posts: 26 omgsorcha

The council wanted to put the playground at the dip at the front of the estate. But it can’t go there as that’s where the water tank for the estate is. If you look on the plans for the estate you can see the playground will go on the green infront of the three bed houses that are currently under construction along with adult gym equipment.
    The council have taken over the roads around the three beds that are finished. They won’t take over the rest of the estate until it is finished ie roads, cycle paths and planting.

omgsorcha wrote: »
    The council wanted to put the playground at the dip at the front of the estate. But it can’t go there as that’s where the water tank for the estate is. If you look on the plans for the estate you can see the playground will go on the green infront of the three bed houses that are currently under construction along with adult gym equipment.
    The council have taken over the roads around the three beds that are finished. They won’t take over the rest of the estate until it is finished ie roads, cycle paths and planting.

So the council are doing it? Great news.

Do you have a link to the plans, by any chance? I had a Google there and I can't find anything.

I also saw some 'ICL Fibre Solutions' vans/workers going around the estate yesterday, at one point they had lengths of cables out and looked like they were measuring stuff. Didn't get a chance to ask what they were up to, but maybe there's some (unrelated to Eir) progress on broadband.

Looking at their me website it looks like they do work for Virgin and for SIRO so hopefully something will kick off

• Advertisement

No Glenveagh will put the playground in but they have to discuss it with FCC first. FCC wanted a second playground at the front of the estate but the land isn’t suitable. It can’t be built on because of the water tank.

All plans relating to the estate can be searched on FCC planning website. Just search these numbers and you will be able to pull up all the site plans and plans for the playground and planting.

F15A/0294
    F16A/0221
    F19A/0468

It’s important that people are familiar with the plans so that if something doesn’t happen it can be brought up with Gelenveagh and FCC, for example the playground, adult gym equipment and all the hedging and trees that are meant to be planted along all the boundaries of the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EMcKvr

Appreciate all the recent updates :)
    The broadband situation is very annoying, hopefully there will be a resolution soon.
    We were recently putting down flooring in our kitchen and notice a couple of issues, has anyone else come across these?
    Damaged waste pipe under the island & an additional waste pipe under the cabinets (not capped).
    We had been experiencing bad smells in the house since we moved in, thankfully we found the causes and sorted it.
    When I spoke to Glenveigh they were surprised there was an additional waste pipe under the cabinets along the wall.

EMcKvr wrote: »
    Appreciate all the recent updates :)
    The broadband situation is very annoying, hopefully there will be a resolution soon.
    We were recently putting down flooring in our kitchen and notice a couple of issues, has anyone else come across these?
    Damaged waste pipe under the island & an additional waste pipe under the cabinets (not capped).
    We had been experiencing bad smells in the house since we moved in, thankfully we found the causes and sorted it.
    When I spoke to Glenveigh they were surprised there was an additional waste pipe under the cabinets along the wall.

We didn't have any issues in the kitchen, but our hot press has had a kind of sulphur smell pretty much since we moved in. Most of the time it's faint and you only notice it when you open the door to the hot press. Once or twice it's been quite strong. We had the plumber around to have a look a couple of months ago and he was at a loss. He said he'd get on to Joule to ask but he never got back to us.

It doesn't seem to be affecting anything (although the hot water in the shower isn't as hot as it should be), but something's obviously off with it. Anyone else had the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

Anyone on here who bought a house on The Walk? Did you get any update on completion or snagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aurawindsurfing

Not good news on the broadband.

After weeks of to-ing and fro-ing (and acting on my ComReg complaint) Eir have finally come back and reiterated that "broadband service is unavailable to you at this time" (no ****, Sherlock) and will not be drawn on a date.

ComReg have also washed their hands of it, which I find unbelievable. They're not even enforcing the 'fixed phone line' legal obligation that Eir have.

I've done all I can on this, I officially give up! Hotspotting off the phone has worked fine until now, so we will continue using that. And I can tell you one thing - whenever Eir do decide they want my business, they'll be met with a polite but firm PFO. :)

If anyone's reading this and thinking of buying in Knightsgate, they need to be aware of the broadband situation.

Looks like it is our lucky day today. Company arrived this morning and begun installation of the fiber between exchange and estate. They said it should not take long to be able to get fibver to the houses after they are done.

• Advertisement

Looks like it is our lucky day today. Company arrived this morning and begun installation of the fiber between exchange and estate. They said it should not take long to be able to get fibver to the houses after they are done.

Hope they doing the new 3 & 4 houses at The Walk too ;)

You're kidding!

Just goes to show that nobody has a clue what anyone else is doing.

Did the specify what company they were doing it for, i.e. is it Eir? I really hope not...

So I drove up once I heard there was Vans on site. Got talking to one of the engineers. So they are finishing connecting the houses on the Walk today and will be tested. This is last of Knightsgate to be done.

They are working on behalf of EIR.

They have laid fiber to each house. So it is Fiber to the cabinet and then fiber to home.

They said all the other houses have been been connected but EIR haven’t made them live yet until the development was finished as it would cause disruption.

The engineer said making the lines live is the easiest bit!

Looks promising

What do they mean by connected to the house does anyone know? Fairly confident noone has connected anything to our house

What do they mean by connected to the house does anyone know? Fairly confident noone has connected anything to our house

Basically there is a fibre cable ran to each house...

Once Eir makes the cables live then what they add is an entry box into the home...

This video helps

So each house has a fibre cable connection, and then Eir have to come along and connect it up once you order it.

By the end of today, all houses will have a fibre cable from the exchange cabinet to each house. It's then up to Eir to make the estate live.

Basically there is a fibre cable ran to each house...

Once Eir makes the cables live then what they add is an entry box into the home...

This video helps

So each house has a fibre cable connection, and then Eir have to come along and connect it up once you order it.

By the end of today, all houses will have a fibre cable from the exchange cabinet to each house. It's then up to Eir to make the estate live.

Thanks for this info. They're gas. Less than 2 weeks ago, Eir were telling me (and Comreg) that they had no plans to install broadband. And now this!

Good news I guess, but I'll be holding off. Someone said earlier in this thread that if Eir makes the connection viable, then that opens the door to other suppliers (Virgin, Sky) coming in? I hope that's still the case.

Does anywhere else in Rush have fibre yet, I wonder?

Thanks for this info. They're gas. Less than 2 weeks ago, Eir were telling me (and Comreg) that they had no plans to install broadband. And now this!

Good news I guess, but I'll be holding off. Someone said earlier in this thread that if Eir makes the connection viable, then that opens the door to other suppliers (Virgin, Sky) coming in? I hope that's still the case.

I asked this question about other suppliers to the engineer and was told that Virgin would have to lay their own lines for them to supply.

Siro say they have plans for Skerries & Rush on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Sky, Vodafone, Airwire and a number of other providers use Eir lines, so once available you will be able to place an order with any of those providers (as a new line provide). Virgin are completely separate and aren't available anywhere in Rush, so won't be there anytime in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dommi1

Anyone based on The Crescent? We got a letter a while ago about Glenveigh coming to fix the drainage problem in the gardens, but have had nothing happen since. Has anyone had the work done yet?

• Advertisement

Has anyone checked with Eir lately?

I just did a check on their site and I see 100mb connection possible.

Don't know if its lies!

<SNIP>

Hi, hope everyone is keeping well ! We were told today we can Snag our house ! A lot earlier than expected, could anyone recommend a snagger or anything we should look out for ? Thanks !

Hi, hope everyone is keeping well ! We were told today we can Snag our house ! A lot earlier than expected, could anyone recommend a snagger or anything we should look out for ? Thanks !

You have PM :)

Same, great surprise considering told May/June last week. A friend in another estate in Rush was very happy with the snagger he used, and I'm using him too, so if you want details PM me.

Re: broadband

I had my installation scheduled for today but installer called and explained that cables are still not active. Im also under impression that it will be FTTC connection (100mb) and not FTTH (up to 1GB) as @403_forbidden suggested as this is how all Rush is looking at the moment.

Ill post info when I know something more.

Siro say they have plans for Skerries & Rush on their website.

They say that for last 5 years or so ;-) I actually got a replay from Siro in February - I think it needs no comments...

Dear ....

We thank you for your patience while we resolved your query.

Unfortunately, at this time, Rush is planned to receive SIRO, however due to commercial reasons we cannot disclose an official timeline at this point.

We advise registering your eircode on our website at www.siro.ie

This will allow you to receive notifications about SIRO’s build, as well as an email the moment your home is live on our network. You may unsubscribe at any time.

We hope this helps.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Re: broadband

I had my installation scheduled for today but installer called and explained that cables are still not active. Im also under impression that it will be FTTC connection (100mb) and not FTTH (up to 1GB) as @403_forbidden suggested as this is how all Rush is looking at the moment.

Ill post info when I know something more.

I think the key thing is that from the cabinet to each house have fibre lines and not copper. If the exchange is capable or is indeed fibre we should be able to get FTTH.

Time will tell I guess :)

I think the key thing is that from the cabinet to each house have fibre lines and not copper. If the exchange is capable or is indeed fibre we should be able to get FTTH.

Time will tell I guess :)

The initial install will be copper from cabinet. Fibre to the home is a completely different technology and isn't in Rush yet as far as I know.

The initial install will be copper from cabinet. Fibre to the home is a completely different technology and isn't in Rush yet as far as I know.

But there is no copper from the cabinet to Knightsgate.. All the cabling is fibre. That's what I've been told by the engineers at ICL fibre solutions that did the cabling on behalf of Eir.

• Advertisement

But there is no copper from the cabinet to Knightsgate.. All the cabling is fibre. That's what I've been told by the engineers at ICL fibre solutions that did the cabling on behalf of Eir.

Given that the prequal testing on lines in Knightsgate are showing 100mbps fttc, I reckon the information given to you is incorrect.

Advertisement