Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Baseball League

• 05-02-2018 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone interested in joining a Fantasy Baseball league ?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

Gally79 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone interested in joining a Fantasy Baseball league ?

Cheers

Sign me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

JoshRosen wrote: »
    Sign me up!

Grand so , PM your email address please.

Josh Rosen ? UCLA QB ? 😉

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

Grand so , PM your email address please.

Josh Rosen ? UCLA QB ? 😉

Did you get my email

I'd be interested. Never done one before though. I'll PM my email address now

bazwraf wrote: »
    I'd be interested. Never done one before though. I'll PM my email address now

Great stuff, it will be a good mix of ppl with little to no previous experience and some who have participated before.

I will email everyone once the site has been updated by ESPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm in

Ok, I've joined the league now. I just need some pointers for getting started.
    Is it like fantasy.premierleague where the same player can be on multiple teams?
    Can I pick my team now?
    Is there a scheduled draft (I'm on holidays from March 1st until March 9th)?
    In a nutshell, who am I? How do I win?

Thanks

Ok, I've joined the league now. I just need some pointers for getting started.
    Is it like fantasy.premierleague where the same player can be on multiple teams?
    Can I pick my team now?
    Is there a scheduled draft (I'm on holidays from March 1st until March 9th)?
    In a nutshell, who am I? How do I win?

Thanks

I’ll PM you there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Need anymore people?
    I wouldnt mind signing up

Need anymore people?
    I wouldnt mind signing up

Yes we have 1 more slot to fill.

Send me your email address via PM please.

• Advertisement

When's the draft?

8-10 wrote: »
    When's the draft?

Just waiting on 1 more head to sign up which I expect to be later today and will send out an email to everyone and we can then decide on a date and time to accommodate everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Pat the Patriot

Just waiting on 1 more head to sign up which I expect to be later today and will send out an email to everyone and we can then decide on a date and time to accommodate everyone.

Only seeing this now.... if a place becomes free, I’d love to give it a go!!

Hi All, draft starts in 3 hours (5pm irish time) ! Hope you can make it. Cheers

Please disregard, its actually 6pm however pls make sure to be online at least 30 mins in advance

Looking forward to it, great day for a draft, freezing outside!

great day for a draft .... its freeeeezing outside!!!!

Great draft last night... all done & dusted within an hour!! Roll on the start of the season.

Urgh, Turner, my 3B has broken his wrist.

Urgh, Turner, my 3B has broken his wrist.

Ouch , out until May

• Advertisement

Just saw that this morning .... move him onto your DL spot & hit the waiver wire

Just saw that this morning .... move him onto your DL spot & hit the waiver wire

Have Beltre as my bench player, so have a decent back up.
    The app is telling me that I have no players eligible for the DL. Presume I can move him over the next day or two.

Excuse my ignorance, but if I put him on the DL, can I just sign a new player to fill his spot? What happens when he's back from injury, do I need to release someone to get Turner back on my team?

It'll probably take a day or so for Dodgers to officially place him on the DL. Then the site should allow you to move him to the DL spot using the 'Manage DL' function. This should allow you to add another player through the waiver wire if you want. Once he's ready to come back in May .... or whenever, I reckon you will need to drop someone in order to free up a place & re-instate Turner from the DL. Having injured players is a pain, but at least the DL spot means you can hold onto him whilst he recovers + you get to pick up a replacement for the period he's recovering.

Your other option might be to contact Team Stack about a trade for a 3B, as he has three of the best in Arenado, Machado & Donaldson #stacked ;-)

A nice bit of mutually beneficial trading makes for a healthy league ... IMHO. To that end Team Kummer & The Nastys have agreed in principal to the following trade:
    Team Kummer get:
    Wilson Contreras - Chicago Cubs C
    Charlie Morton - Houston Astros SP

The Nastsy get:
    Welington Castillo - Chicago White Sox C
    Yu Darvish - Chicago Cubs SP

Once the trade has been approved it should process on Friday.

I add another good arm & Team Kummer improves his Catcher spot while also getting a decent SP.

Now Samardzija is going to the DL as well.
    Can I give up on Fantasy Baseball :P

:)
    Injuries are a bitch!!! + Only having 1 DL spot is also a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ZuM16

Hey, don't mean to hijack the thread (feel free to tell me to create my own) but I have a fantasy baseball league setup (8 teams currently in it) if anyone is interested in joining please Pm for link. Only drawback might be the draft is on tomorrow at 8:30pm Toronto time as a majority the current team owners are from there.

ZuM16 wrote: »
    Hey, don't mean to hijack the thread (feel free to tell me to create my own) but I have a fantasy baseball league setup (8 teams currently in it) if anyone is interested in joining please Pm for link. Only drawback might be the draft is on tomorrow at 8:30pm Toronto time as a majority the current team owners are from there.

Hi, is it via ESPN Fantasy Baseball ?

• Advertisement

ZuM16 wrote: »

I sent you a PM

Advertisement