Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Add Cespedes to that list now!

Wilmer Flores too! And Wright's now on the 60-day DL (to make room for Familia, and because, well, he's probably not coming back this season, either.)

Lugo and Matz aren't all the close to returning, either.

Maybe they'll finally make a deal with Wright and get his salary paid by insurance so they can have some more $$ for the pending 2018 mega-free-agent class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Igotadose wrote: »
    Wilmer Flores too! And Wright's now on the 60-day DL (to make room for Familia, and because, well, he's probably not coming back this season, either.)

Lugo and Matz aren't all the close to returning, either.

Maybe they'll finally make a deal with Wright and get his salary paid by insurance so they can have some more $$ for the pending 2018 mega-free-agent class.

DeGrom scratched from tonight's start with stiff neck. I thought last year was a disaster for injuries but this year's starting out just as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Bumgarner heading to the DL
    Sprained shoulder in biking incident

Edit: Expected to miss 6-8 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

DeGrom scratched from tonight's start with stiff neck. I thought last year was a disaster for injuries but this year's starting out just as bad.

At the rate these injuries are racking up it gonna be a long season.

ShyMets wrote: »
    At the rate these injuries are racking up it gonna be a long season.

If only they'd re-signed Daniel Murphy......

• Advertisement

If only they'd re-signed Daniel Murphy......

Yep. Reckon thats not the last time old Dan will come back to haunt us

I know its incredible early in the season but alarm bells are beginning to softly ring in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Definitely should have re-signed Murphy , his batting average is at .324 already this season and has come back to haunt us on many occasions. Although Walker had a good season last season , I think re-signing Murphy would have been great .
    Mets crippled with injuries again and its only April , big must win series against the Braves up next .
    On a positive note , Conforto was really good as lead off hitter last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Definitely should have re-signed Murphy , his batting average is at .324 already this season and has come back to haunt us on many occasions. Although Walker had a good season last season , I think re-signing Murphy would have been great .
    Mets crippled with injuries again and its only April , big must win series against the Braves up next .
    On a positive note , Conforto was really good as lead off hitter last night

Easy to say now but Murphy didn't look like the hitter he has turned into when he was with the Mets except for that ridiculous playoff run. For me though I think that playoff run would have been enough to get him a contract with the Nats seeing as we never win in the playoffs. I'm just delighted the Mets didn't resign him

Bryce is absolutely on fire at the moment. Knocking it out of the park and with Zimmerman, Murph, Werth , Eaton all off to strong starts it just really is great at the moment! :D:D:D

Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush have a deal in place to buy the Marlins for 1.3 billion according to the Miami herald

Easy to say now but Murphy didn't look like the hitter he has turned into when he was with the Mets except for that ridiculous playoff run. For me though I think that playoff run would have been enough to get him a contract with the Nats seeing as we never win in the playoffs. I'm just delighted the Mets didn't resign him

Bryce is absolutely on fire at the moment. Knocking it out of the park and with Zimmerman, Murph, Werth , Eaton all off to strong starts it just really is great at the moment! :D:D:D

Nationals look very good this season , watched two of the Nats Mets games . Hitting has been excellent and have a strong bullpen. Harpers batting average is 394 at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Trading Josh Donaldson is now an open conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nationals look very good this season , watched two of the Nats Mets games . Hitting has been excellent and have a strong bullpen. Harpers batting average is 394 at the moment

Batting .727 against left-handed pitching, .327 against righties

Not bad

Not sure if many of you have seen this yet , unreal play from Coghlan last night

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/21753540/v1322008283

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Not sure if many of you have seen this yet , unreal play from Coghlan last night

What a leap! That was more Reggie Bush than Reggie Jackson!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,792 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

If a Met had done it, he would've been
    1. Out anyway, Angel Hernandez would have been the umpire
    2. On the DL afterwards, 15 days with a 'minor contusion' and lost for the season

Great play by Coghlan, though!

Ridiculous play by Coughlan, ridiculous night by Trea Turner hit for the cycle and I think brought in 7 runs. Incredible athlete.

Bullpen had a little melt down but Coors field is quirky to say the least.

Donaldson if traded I would like to see him go to the Indians.

Another brutal loss for the Mets. Already six games back from the Nats. It's early days but think they'll find it hard to make up the ground.

ShyMets wrote: »
    Another brutal loss for the Mets. Already six games back from the Nats. It's early days but think they'll find it hard to make up the ground.

Its wayyyyyyyy too early for that sort of talk.

If you were 6 games back in September then it's time to worry. We're still in April ... Only 140 odd games to go :D:D:D

but on a side note Trea Turner unreal again last night. Some player!

Its wayyyyyyyy too early for that sort of talk.

If you were 6 games back in September then it's time to worry. We're still in April ... Only 140 odd games to go :D:D:D

but on a side note Trea Turner unreal again last night. Some player!

Agree. Its ridiciously early. The Mets could go on a serious hot streak and the Nats slump badly. Just have a bad feeling in my waters😢

Syndergaard just left todays start after grabbing his throwing arm

• Advertisement

Syndergaard should have gotten the MRI like requested , this team is so unlucky with injuries, really good 2 wins yesterday and Friday .
    Mets getting destroyed , doesn't help that a catcher (Plawecki) is currently pitching .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

And the Nats are really sticking the boot in...Rendon is having the game of his life!!

Jaysus, I go away for a few days and the Mets go on a 1-9 streak and Noah's arm falls off.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Guys watching dbacks rockies on mute here as the missus is in bed. Can someone tell me why pollick is out there for touching leMahieu?. Seemed like LeMahieu initiated the contact away from the trajectory of the ball but.I don't know what the announcers were saying so could be missing something or just don't know the correct rules (likely).

Jaysus, I go away for a few days and the Mets go on a 1-9 streak and Noah's arm falls off.

It's been a rough week. That just got rougher. Either the Mets are seriously injury prone or questions need to be asked about how the team handles injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Guys watching dbacks rockies on mute here as the missus is in bed. Can someone tell me why pollick is out there for touching leMahieu?. Seemed like LeMahieu initiated the contact away from the trajectory of the ball but.I don't know what the announcers were saying so could be missing something or just don't know the correct rules (likely).

If you're on mlb.tv you can turn on closed captioning to read the announcers

It's a partial of right lat muscle... No timetable for return

Man our line up is red hot right now Eaton, Turner, Murph, Bryce, Rendon, Zimmerman .. wouldnt want to face that at any day at the moment. all hitting unreal.

Rendons 6/6 with 3 homers one of the performance of a lifetime type game.

Yeah they're on fire alright. Although Eaton's done for the year now so Taylor or someone will have to step up.

• Advertisement

Yeah they're on fire alright. Although Eaton's done for the year now so Taylor or someone will have to step up.

Defensively Taylor is probably just as good but he wont rake quite like Eaton. Thing is the line up doesnt change much moving Trea to lead off is probably more beneficial. Werth is quietly having a really solid start as well and Wieters is batting over 300.

Advertisement