Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regular Sessions - POST HERE

• 06-07-2011 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hello folks ,hoping yer all enjoying the lovely summer weather ! Just to let you know theres a ballad session on every thursday circa 9-30 P.M. in the lansdown bar Bath Ave., (under the rail bridge near the crossroad at beggers bush) all are welcome and if ye happen to sing an auld song or play a tune you will be welcomed even more, you don't have to be briliant (if you are ye'll be the only one) to play here ,it's just an enjoyable bit of craic . Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Sticking thread. Great idea!

If you host a regular sesion, please post here.

Please include location, time, if there is an entry fee!

DO NOT POST PERSONAL CONTACT DETAILS!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mariatchi

Sticking thread. Great idea!

If you host a regular sesion, please post here.

Please include location, time, if there is an entry fee!

DO NOT POST PERSONAL CONTACT DETAILS!
    "Grand stuff" So the regular weekly sessions we do are as follows:- Monday 3 P.M.-6 P.M. Lansdown Bar ,Bath avenue,D4 .
    Monday 7 P.M.-10 P.M. Kinsealy Inn ,Feltrim Rd,Kinsealy, north Co.Dublin.
    Thursday Lansdown Bar ,Bath Ave., D4. 9=30 P.M, - late.
    Friday 4 P.M. - 7 P.M. The Clock Bar, Thomas st., D8.
    Sunday 2 P.M. -5 P.M. Hanlon's Bar ,Hanlon's corner ,N. C. Rd.,D 7.
    I can't stress enough these sessions are mainly for fun and the love of ballads so if you can knock out a song or a tune we'd love to have you and don't be worried that ye don't sound like Luke, Ronnie or Christy Etc. you don't have to ,just as long as you set out to enjoy yourself that's fine.Hope to see you soon .

just to update the preceding info on the sessions we do ,The Clock on Friday afternoon has finished as to ha The Kinsealy Inn on Monday evening .A new one has been added it's every 2nd Saturday evening 9-30 P.M. Inish feil (think thats how ye spell it) GAA club ,behind Campions pub in Balgriffin .It's on this Saturday. Thanks & good luck to ye all.Liam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Great session every Friday night in the Beehive Bar, Ardara, Co. Donegal...

Starts at 10pm and everyone is welcome :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fantasia1

I live in the Clonskeagh area and play piano and keyboards and some vocals. Would love to hook up with others to practice trad songs with a view to playing around town, (boolavogue, fields of A. foggy D.) etc. Any thing from a boughran to uileann pipes would be great! Email me at fant@asia.com. CJ

• Advertisement

Hi folks,just a quick note to let you know theres an informal session every wednesday @ Corrigans ,Mountpleasant Inn,(behind Rathmines church) 7 pm. till 10 pm., it's free of course and all are welcome so bring your instrument or just your voice and join us for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

I was in the Anglers Rest last Sunday afternoon and they had a session on then. Lovely piping and fiddle playing going on :)

The barman told me that they have sessions every night :)

Don't know what they're like yet cause i haven't made it to join in.

mariatchi wrote: »
    Hi folks,just a quick note to let you know theres an informal session every wednesday @ Corrigans ,Mountpleasant Inn,(behind Rathmines church) 7 pm. till 10 pm., it's free of course and all are welcome so bring your instrument or just your voice and join us for the craic.

Unfortunatly the session in Corrigans is now finished (lack of support)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Roguery

Is this one still going?

Thursday Lansdown Bar ,Bath Ave., D4. 9=30 P.M, - late.

Hi again Roguery ,yeah we'll be there tonight ,drop in if ye need anymore info on going over we can have a chat .Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Roguery

Will do (though maybe not tonite)

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

would anyone like to play a wednsday night ? banjo in whistle etc . il cover a few pints etc . dublin 1 . pm me if interested . i really want to have an open session in the city again..
    madigans pub beside the savoy ..
    contact george or phil.or just pm me .

There's a session on Wed Nights in The Poitin Still in Rathcoole on the N7. Been a couple of times. It's run by the banjo player Tom Moran. It's open and very friendly. All levels are welcome. Would highly recommend a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 toninoroseno

Hi Guys,

I am looking for sessions to join in Cork area. I know the one in "The Stables" on main street Carrigaline. There is also sometimes a session going in Pat Shorts Bar, Castlemartyr.

Anyone out there who can recommend more exiting venues in Cty Cork?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

There's a session on Wed Nights in The Poitin Still in Rathcoole on the N7. Been a couple of times. It's run by the banjo player Tom Moran. It's open and very friendly. All levels are welcome. Would highly recommend a visit.

I have been to this one a few times too. Last time there was about 25 playing. Is it still on?

I was there about 8 weeks ago - and assume it's still going on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ballinue

Regular session Pardys Bar Laurencetown Ballinasloe Co Galway, held on third Saturday of every month always a good night everyone welcome all skill levels

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ceatharloch

Weekly session, every thursday, 9.30pm, The Western Hotel
    [just up from Eyre Square]. Free admission, all levels welcome,
    tunes, songs, sometimes sean nos dancing.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Tim Toolman

There is a good session in Kelly's Bar in Ballickmoyler, Laois every Saturday night at around 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KenCan2

Any good sessions in wexford for a rookie banjo player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Oscarbass04

Wednesday night in The Top House in Howth. (Just past the abbey tavern on the way up the hill.)

Thursday night in The Botanic House in Glasnevin.(Right beside where the N2 meets the Botanic Road.)

Both sessions start from 9:30 till late, All Welcome!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

The Hibernia Inn on Bray Seafront (near the Dart Station) Thursday nights. 9.30 kick off nice moderately paced session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ciara1234

Hi Folks. There's a great open session in the Penny Hill Pub in Lucan every Friday night. All trad musicians/singers and lovers welcome. Kicks off at 10.15pm, in the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dorusfransen

Carpool: 2 persons looking to travel from Dublin to Milltown Malbay on Saturday 6th/Sunday 7th July. Sharing travel expenses. We'll be camping at Spanish Point and doing workshops for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

why are all the sessions always in pubs.
    that excludes the people who dont frequent those places.

coolvale wrote: »
    why are all the sessions always in pubs.
    that excludes the people who dont frequent those places.

Worthy of a thread of it's own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Comhaltas Craobh Maigh Nuad have a session in O'Neill's pub in Maynooth 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. That's tonight btw :)

Oops. Tonight's session is in McMahons and it's normally the first and third Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Every Sunday evening in Cassidy's on Camden St, Dublin.

Starts at 9, I think. :)

Dan's Bar Greystones on Tuesday nights. Trad and folk. All welcome Kicks off about 9.45. All players and singers were made welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 ofwoods

for Cork....
    a friend of mine plays at a session in Carroll's Bar on the Ballyhooly Road, St. Lukes Cross on Friday nights.

The Quayside Bar on Victoria Road also sessions regularly enough but 'm not sure which day

bound to be other places ......actually I think Sin É has a regular session also

Advertisement