Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free Standing MDF Wall

Options
  • 11-09-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am organising and art exhibition but cannot put hooks into the walls. Instead, I have panels of MDF that I will use instead. I need to find the best way to make these panels into a free standing wall. Where can I find some sort of metal stand that will make the panels into a free-standing wall? They need to be stronger than a normal L-bracket.

Any help/advice much appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How tall will this thing be? Is there anything at all you can secure it to?

There is office furniture that will do this.

If going the sheets of MDF route - If you had the sheets in a triangle shape it could free stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,833 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I have done these with piano hinging. They free stand when opened to an l-shape.
    You would want fairly heavy MDF that hasn't warped though.

You can also get brackets with slots that hold the sheet that you screw on. Good job too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

How about them command picture strips? Investigate what weight they will hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I'm with the free standing triangular idea.

If you hinge three panels together then the two outer ones fold forward to support them all. A full 8 x 4 back panel with a half sheet either side. A bar across the front can be added to hold them in that shape and can also hold lights.

Advertisement