Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driving License

Options
  • 05-09-2019 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi. 
    I recently switched to yourselves for car insurance through a broker. I have a UK license but lost it and am waiting to get it replaced by the DVLA. I have sent a details of the license (certified by DVLA) and this was accepted by Liberty and I was told just to send over a copy of the front and back of my license when I get it, no rush. I am still waiting on the replacement but Liberty are now apparently saying again that they will void my policy unless I send a copy of the front and back of the license urgently. I logged in and sent a copy of my license details from the DVLA showing details that would be on the front and details that would be on the back. This shows everything that would have been on my paper license but it is apparently not satisfactory. I also sent a log in confirmation code that Liberty can use to verify the details on DVLA website. I am really not sure what else I can do pending the license being received from DVLA. I intend to swap if for an Irish one but need the UK one first.

I really cannot allow my policy to be voided. I need the car for work and school runs and it will cause me all kinds of hassle if the policy is cancelled.  Can you please help or advise?

Kind regards

Ladybird99

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Ladybird99 wrote: »
    Hi. 
    I recently switched to yourselves for car insurance through a broker. I have a UK license but lost it and am waiting to get it replaced by the DVLA. I have sent a details of the license (certified by DVLA) and this was accepted by Liberty and I was told just to send over a copy of the front and back of my license when I get it, no rush. I am still waiting on the replacement but Liberty are now apparently saying again that they will void my policy unless I send a copy of the front and back of the license urgently. I logged in and sent a copy of my license details from the DVLA showing details that would be on the front and details that would be on the back. This shows everything that would have been on my paper license but it is apparently not satisfactory. I also sent a log in confirmation code that Liberty can use to verify the details on DVLA website. I am really not sure what else I can do pending the license being received from DVLA. I intend to swap if for an Irish one but need the UK one first.

I really cannot allow my policy to be voided. I need the car for work and school runs and it will cause me all kinds of hassle if the policy is cancelled.  Can you please help or advise?

Kind regards

Ladybird99
    Hi Ladybird99

Can you message me with your policy details and we will look into this for you.

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ladybird99

Ladybird99 wrote: »
    Hi. 

Kind regards

Ladybird99
    Hi Ladybird99

Can you message me with your policy details and we will look into this for you.

Seán
    Hi Sean,

Many thanks for your help. Everything is resolved now.:)

Kind regards

Ladybird99

Advertisement