Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE announces official NXT UK brand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Would definitely bet on saying this show is happening as a reaction to Royal Quest happening in London the same day. Maybe not but considering the timing of the first UK tournament and the start of the brand proper being clear reactions to WOS, and them using NXT proper to counter program AEW, I find it hard to believe this isn't a reaction to another promotion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Any boardsie travelling over ??

Be pretty nice weekend esp with the Rugby been on in Cardiff too

So Cesaro vs sum guy called Draganov

Disappointing thought it would be vs Pete Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So Cesaro vs sum guy called Draganov

Disappointing thought it would be vs Pete Dunne

They've a two hour TV show starting soon, no need for them to shoot their load this quick by having the match at a UK Takeover and could give the lads a proper TV feud.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Cesaro is pure class.

• Advertisement

Cesaro is pure class.

Pretty solid match

Cheeky 'are you watching Vince McMahon chant' lol

I wonder will we ever see NXT UK takeover Dublin in the 3arena ???. They could market it as first ever international NXT UK show

Great main event

I wonder will any of these guys ever make it to the main roster ???. Theres just something about them that would not feel right on Raw or SD

Walter=Rusev II

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭ThePott

Good show overall not that I usually watch NXT UK.
    Enjoyed the Coffey and Mastiff match. Cesaro match with Dragunov was good as much as I was hoping for a different opponent.
    Women's championship was really good but kinda felt the ending was lacking just didn't have much impact.

Walter/Bate was fantastic if not a big long.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Great main event

I wonder will any of these guys ever make it to the main roster ???. Theres just something about them that would not feel right on Raw or SD

Walter=Rusev II

Walter is different planet in-ring to Rusev. He looks like a badass too that would rip your head off. Rusev looks like a cuddly toy.

Can I just say Tyler bate is best in-ring wrestler on planet right now. This dude got the entire arena on their feet for a suplex. His psychology is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Great main event

Walter=Rusev II

Let's hope not, the main roster is absolutely bloated enough, without adding more bodies to the pile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would Vince like someone of Tyler Bate's size doing all those impressive power moves to the likes of Roman, Drew, Braun etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Tag Match was great, best match of the night for me

Mastiff and Coffey up there

Bate and Walter was Masterclass, but was a bit long. Still though nearly an hour, and the pace they kept was quite impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Walter v Bate did a great job holding my attention throughout considering it was so long.

The 'Are you watching, Vince McMahon' chants are so hilariously stupid. They've paid to go to a show that's part of Vince's company to chant that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Triple H addressed the chants in the post show Q&A saying he sees all.

Was wondering did Toni get injured or something from how the match ended.
    Also wasn't sure about the rope breaking being intentional or not. Think only one move was really affected so if it was accidental, they covered it well. Probably helped by the type of match it was. Ending was kinda strange though.
    I like Tyler Bate though not sure I like the Hulking up that he does. Seems weird to no-sell moves from Walter

Tegan Nox debuting next week. Thought she would be on the US show

An Irish debut this week rom Galway, Ireland - Debbie Keitel

Moving to Thursday nights

whos the main guy in gorilla for NXT Uk tapings ??

I assume Triple H is but he would be so busy with other things

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

whos the main guy in gorilla for NXT Uk tapings ??

I assume Triple H is but he would be so busy with other things

Robbie brookside or regal ? I mean they tape what once a month or two days a month to cover two months ? I doubt Tom Phillips is going over and calling it from the UK. You’d assume it’s done from the PC.

I’ve watched it on the network kind of but the two episodes a week early on may have burnt fans out.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Robbie brookside or regal ? I mean they tape what once a month or two days a month to cover two months ? I doubt Tom Phillips is going over and calling it from the UK. You’d assume it’s done from the PC.

I’ve watched it on the network kind of but the two episodes a week early on may have burnt fans out.

I mainly watch the takeovers and see results of the tapings on social media

I wonder how long this brand will actually last

• Advertisement

Takeover Blackpool 2 taking place tomorrow night. Bit weird as I'm used to NXT takeovers been on Saturdays not sundays

WWE United Kingdom Championship: WALTER (c) vs. Joe Coffey

NXT UK Tag Team Championship (Ladder match): Gallus (Mark Coffey & Wolfgang) (c) vs. Imperium (Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel) vs. Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson & James Drake) vs. Mark Andrews & Flash Morgan Webster

NXT UK Women's Championship: Kay Lee Ray (c) vs. Toni Storm vs. Piper Niven

Trent Seven vs. Eddie Dennis

Tyler Bate vs. Jordan Devlin

Starts 5pm our time. Can't see any titles changing.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Starts 5pm our time. Can't see any titles changing.

Well probably not but it depends how serious Kay lee Rays shoulder injury is. I know she wrestling tomorrow so you'd pressume she's cleared.

The english and there Sundays . For some stuff it's an early start and finish

Oh that hurt. Trent seven looks like one of the gibb brothers.

Really good takeover so far. Really good women’s triple treat btw.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Time for the Irish Ace.

Damn, what a match!

The show over already???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Devlin/bate was phenomenal

Advertisement