Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-10-2019, 18:34   #46
Gerry G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arghus View Post
Fair play to you OP. Well done.

Though I must say you sound awfully boring.
Maybe I am but I'm not gonna make stuff up or talk about topical things I don't care about just to make me sound less of a bore. I'll leave that to the rest of the current crop of worriers and moaners
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 18:54   #47
Fiery mutant

I find it funny the way the OP says he doesn’t give a **** about the problems of the “world” and “society’s problems”, as if he is not a Part of this world, and this society.

Don’t give a **** about climate change? = don’t give a **** about my children’s future prospects.
Don’t give a **** about homeless, they’re all junkies!! - are they? Was that lady caught singing on the subway recently a junkie or an alcoholic?? No, just someone down on their luck, who just by chance came across a police officer who heard her singing, recorded it, and now she has been offered a recording contract.

Imagine she had of came across someone like you that night OP, she just be another piece of dirt for you to not give a **** about.

It’s people like you with your narrow minded view of the world that are holding back society.
(2) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 19:03   #48
Woke Hogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry G View Post
Climate change? Don't give a ****
50c extra for fags? Don't give a ****
Some young autistic girl sails around the world in a boat? Don't give a ****
Brexit? Don't give a ****
Some pseudo celebrity is angry about some **** or other on Twitter? Guess what, don't give a **** about that either.
Religion? Not a single gram of **** given.

There are so many people who care so much about all of the above as if it's the most important thing in the whole world but honestly I just don't give a **** about any of it. I know I probably should but I just don't. I feel completely unaffected by all the bull****. Anyone else feel the same?

Btw, I could write a full short novel on all the things I don't give a **** about.....
Privileged.
08-10-2019, 19:03   #49
Your Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery mutant View Post
I find it funny the way the OP says he doesn’t give a **** about the problems of the “world” and “society’s problems”, as if he is not a Part of this world, and this society.

Don’t give a **** about climate change? = don’t give a **** about my children’s future prospects.
Don’t give a **** about homeless, they’re all junkies!! - are they? Was that lady caught singing on the subway recently a junkie or an alcoholic?? No, just someone down on their luck, who just by chance came across a police officer who heard her singing, recorded it, and now she has been offered a recording contract.

Imagine she had of came across someone like you that night OP, she just be another piece of dirt for you to not give a **** about.

It’s people like you with your narrow minded view of the world that are holding back society.

And not a hint of irony.
(2) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 19:04   #50
Gerry G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery mutant View Post

You make good points but I simply can't bring myself to care about them I'm afraid, maybe that makes me a horrible person but need I say it again? I simply don't care.
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 19:12   #51
Guy Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Hogan View Post
Privileged.
Rhinoceros.

Are we playing a game in which we just say random words for no reason? I like it!
(3) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 19:13   #52
Guy Person

Skittle
(2) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 19:15   #53
Leg End Reject

Giraffe
Thanks from:
08-10-2019, 19:16   #54
cjmc

I for one can understand where Gerry G is coming from.
Too much **** going on that individually we can do nothing about. 3 cheers for Gerry g
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 19:22   #55
Leg End Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmc View Post
Too much **** going on that individually we can do nothing about. 3 cheers for Gerry g
Most of us worry about what immediately affects us, and a couple of things that are close to our own views. Starting a thread about it though, and repeating how much you don't care on the other hand ...... Yeah, not many of us do that.
08-10-2019, 19:24   #56
Odyssey 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry G View Post
Climate change? Don't give a ****
50c extra for fags? Don't give a ****
Some young autistic girl sails around the world in a boat? Don't give a ****
Brexit? Don't give a ****
Some pseudo celebrity is angry about some **** or other on Twitter? Guess what, don't give a **** about that either.
Religion? Not a single gram of **** given.

There are so many people who care so much about all of the above as if it's the most important thing in the whole world but honestly I just don't give a **** about any of it. I know I probably should but I just don't. I feel completely unaffected by all the bull****. Anyone else feel the same?

Btw, I could write a full short novel on all the things I don't give a **** about.....
08-10-2019, 19:24   #57
Simms
Banned

Quote:
I 3 cheers for Gerry g
Hip...... ah can't be arsed
Thanks from:
08-10-2019, 19:28   #58
ChikiChiki

Was just thinking the same myself. There was a time a few years back I would have been hooked to the budget and reading all the analysis etc. Took life more serious then. It completely passed me by today and I couldn't give two ****s.
08-10-2019, 19:28   #59
Guy Person

Quote:
Automobile
08-10-2019, 19:32   #60
Ted_YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Hogan View Post
Privileged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Person View Post
Rhinoceros.
Quote:
Skittle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leg End Reject View Post
Giraffe
Quote:
Automobile

Should the next word be banned?

There are plenty of word games in Puzzles & Games, go there is you want to continue.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=504
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion