Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-10-2019, 16:21   #16
B-D-P--

yea i actually get ya...

Social Media is a constant stream of depressing information that's got very little to do with your daily tasks.

Although some of them are terrible and will affect long term, You get blasted so constantly with pure muck that its hard to give a ****.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 16:25   #17
Naggdefy

I read the Op's sh*the and replied. Now I don't give a xxxx about the thread so I'll go back to what I was doing.
08-10-2019, 16:27   #18
JohnnyFlash

My left ball has been extremely itchy all day. Don’t know why.
(2) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 16:30   #19
Gerry G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggdefy View Post
I read the Op's sh*the and replied. Now I don't give a xxxx about the thread so I'll go back to what I was doing.
I breathe a sigh of relief, you sound way too edgy to be involved in this conversation.
08-10-2019, 16:31   #20
Gerry G

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
My left ball has been extremely itchy all day. Don’t know why.
There's a lotion for that. Works too
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 16:32   #21
Ted_YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry G View Post
This is exactly it, why do people stress and moan about stuff they can't control. It's pointless and a complete waste of time.
Complaining is an national sport here. AH would be all tumbleweed if everyone was happy the whole time & not allowed to moan about something.
Thanks from:
08-10-2019, 16:34   #22
Candie

Like most people, I care about some of the things listed in the OP, though it doesn't mean I spend a great deal of time thinking about them. I do what I can about the important things (like recycle, and go to a great deal of trouble to vote against Brexit, ignore Twitter/gossip), but if I can't do anything practical I don't waste too much time fretting. I'd say most people are the same and if they can do something, then that's what they do to a lesser or greater extent.

When it comes to celebrity culture or religion, most people don't engage if they don't want to. It doesn't take any effort at all to ignore something.
(3) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 16:51   #23
B.A._Baracus

The truth is... no one gives a f*ck.
People only care about themselves and those closest to them. Their own problems. But a lot of people won't admit that.

You're seen as a "wan*er" if you say you don't care about your man begging down the road. Yet... so many walk past him every date with the head down.
08-10-2019, 16:54   #24
Gerry G

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A._Baracus View Post
The truth is... no one gives a f*ck.
People only care about themselves and those closest to them. Their own problems. But a lot of people won't admit that.

You're seen as a "wan*er" if you say you don't care about your man begging down the road. Yet... so many walk past him every date with the head down.
And the people who bleat the loudest about caring about every little thing are generally the ones who care the least and contribute nothing to solving the problem at hand. We're a selfish bunch really but I don't mind admitting it. I see all these folk around the globe protesting about this that and everything and I just wonder to myself, why bother. Go enjoy your life for a while
Advertisement
08-10-2019, 16:57   #25
HorrorScope
Banned

Have to agree with the OP, over the last few years I have become extremely apathetic to everything in that list. I simply don’t care. I have my own set of problems to worry about and they are the most important to me, I literally couldn’t care less about climate, “the homeless”, or brexit or anything else happening right now if I tried.
(3) thanks from:
08-10-2019, 16:58   #26
shygal

if you understood these problems better and their impact on not only yourself but others, perhaps you would have a different view on caring.
08-10-2019, 17:00   #27
HorrorScope
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygal View Post
if you understood these problems better and their impact on not only yourself but others, perhaps you would have a different view on caring.
Nope I still wouldn’t, no time for the problems of the world when I have my own life and problems to focus on.
08-10-2019, 17:02   #28
Gerry G

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygal View Post
Nope, I understand just fine and still don't care
08-10-2019, 17:08   #29
topper75

You have to see the humour in it OP e.g. people getting worked up with strong opinions on American politics with so little link to that place and its people. They'll never even clap eyes on Donald Trump, ever.

It's absurd and hilarious. It is simply canteen conversation common ground for people who have damn all in common in life bar being hired by the same HR girl.

No actual ****s required when you see the funny side of it.
08-10-2019, 17:11   #30
Gerry G

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper75 View Post
You have to see the humour in it OP e.g. people getting worked up with strong opinions on American politics with so little link to that place and its people. They'll never even clap eyes on Donald Trump, ever.

It's absurd and hilarious. It is simply canteen conversation common ground for people who have damn all in common in life bar being hired by the same HR girl.

No actual ****s required when you see the funny side of it.
That's a decent outlook, I like it and do find it funny at times

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion