Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Do you support the protest?
Yes! 266 31.33%
No! 583 68.67%
Voters: 849. You may not vote on this poll

20-04-2019, 00:40   #61
RHJ

And to my post above the volcanoes didn’t just appear overnight they have been there for millions of years as far as we can tell and haven’t caused a problem despite what you may believe the vast majority of scientists say that human induced climate change is real.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-04-2019, 00:41   #62
rays cyst
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dravokivich View Post
Ehm... are you in favour of wars, undeveloped medical practises, improper sanitation and poorly kept food?
No. I’m not in favour of Africa or anywhere that can’t sustain itself because they can’t prioritise and are spiralling out of control. And we shouldn’t be perpetuating their misery either by sustaining it....I think nature is supposed to kick in, and cull the herd but here we are meddling again. Oh the humanity
20-04-2019, 00:41   #63
RHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozunda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHJ View Post
Fair play to everyone that turned up today from the pictures I have seen on Facebook it looks like a decent turnout hopefully the protests will continue until the government implements some decent changes to protect the environment.
Waffle. Nothing like a bunch of placard wavers virtue signaling about 'protecting the environment ...
At least they are trying to do something, what have you done?
20-04-2019, 00:45   #64
tatranska

Quote:
You clearly didn’t read to the end of the article in the Independent did you?

To save you time here or two quotes from the article.

“I don’t think people should look at volcanoes underneath west Antarctica as a serious concern for causing instability,” he said.”

“If you have got thinning ice cover over a volcanic region there is every reason to suggest it will increase the volcanism,” he said.

As the pressure exerted on the mantle by the glacier decreases and allows more heat to escape, this could cause a feedback loop in which the melt rate continues to increase.”
They also say "We just don’t know about how active these volcanoes have been in the past,”

There's just lots of unknowns but of course it suits an agenda to say it's all the farmers fault for breeding cows who produce methane.etc etc. .
(3) thanks from:
20-04-2019, 00:45   #65
noodler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irexit View Post
Even Prof Ray Bates from Met Eireann said there is no proof that man made climate change is real.

This is a total non issue to be protesting about.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/envi...ange-1.3738727
Heeh.

Everyone should read that article because it completely destroys what you say.
Advertisement
20-04-2019, 00:48   #66
gozunda

Quote:
At least they are trying to do something, what have you done?
Read the link I included. Btw I'm not out virtue signalling - this lot are. Waving placards and blocking up the city isn't 'doing something' (sic) whatever way you look at it

Last edited by gozunda; 20-04-2019 at 10:46.
Thanks from:
20-04-2019, 01:19   #67
whisky_galore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgelayer View Post
There was a time when Ireland had vast amounts of old estate's with sprawling woodlands and meadows without the imposing walls and ditches you'll see today
Created by our oppressors.
Thanks from:
20-04-2019, 02:02   #68
Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
The irony of using a product derived from animal carcasses to make a point about the environment by people who most likely champion animal right as well.
What makes you think they are going to use glue from the 1950s?
Thanks from:
20-04-2019, 02:17   #69
John2136

Quote:
So what's the general opinion on here about the protest that is due to happen at 1 PM tomorrow will you be out supporting the protesters for Extinction Rebellion Ireland?

https://www.newstalk.com/news/extinc...-dublin-849302

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend the protest tomorrow, but I fully support the people protesting and the message that governments, especially ours needs to do more to combat global warming. I'd love for the country to implement new green policies such as reforestation of large areas of the countryside with traditional Irish broadleaf trees rather than the current commercial crap that we have at the moment. I'd also like to see a right to roam type law implemented, which would give walkers and outdoor enthusiasts better access to the countryside and encourage eco-tourism rather than the current unsustainable model that we have at the moment.

If you had the power to implement any environmental policies. What would you do?
They're all fools, global warming is a hoax created by the Chinese.
Advertisement
20-04-2019, 02:22   #70
sk8erboii

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopsheep View Post
its awful strange that there is an existential crisis facing every generation.

almost as if it suits some people's mentalities to have a cause celebre to lecture everyone else about and grab some attention for themselves

ive no problem with addressing inefficient energy, consumption, waste etc and am fine with higher taxes to do so.

but a gang of self appointed morally superior wretches blocking the town as a form of public footstamping tantrum is hole-sickening display.

and the youth of the country are as distractable, shallow and clueless as the youth has always been. theres zero reason to take direction from them on this or any other matter. theyll get a vote in their own time and are free to make their own lifestyle changes in the meantime, sams as anybody else.

humbug!
This entire post reeks of insecurity and projection. Mate the 'youth' you're talking about are on their late 20s and 30s. These are the people now.

You're no longer the demographic. Its no wonder you feel threatened.
20-04-2019, 02:24   #71
Sawduck

I just don't understand what they are protesting for, are they anti warm weather,what do they think can be done,are they just addicted to protesting
(2) thanks from:
20-04-2019, 02:26   #72
John2136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawduck View Post
I just don't understand what they are protesting for, are they anti warm weather,what do they think can be done,are they just addicted to protesting
Bunch of clowns if you ask me
(4) thanks from:
20-04-2019, 02:28   #73
sk8erboii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
I'll only support it if they start gluing themselves to things.

The irony of using a product derived from animal carcasses to make a point about the environment by people who most likely champion animal right as well.
Mate i think your time travel machine is off by 100 years
20-04-2019, 02:42   #74
CalamariFritti

If you want to know why we're ****ed you just have to look at this thread. The apathy and denial and ignorance towards the single biggest issue mankind faces is staggering.
20-04-2019, 03:39   #75
Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamariFritti View Post
If you want to know why we're ****ed you just have to look at this thread. The apathy and denial and ignorance towards the single biggest issue mankind faces is staggering.
Most people agree that its a huge problem. The biggest we will face. They just don't think blocking the LUAS helps.

I agree with them.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion