Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Do you support the protest?
Yes! 266 31.33%
No! 583 68.67%
Voters: 849. You may not vote on this poll

09-10-2019, 22:21   #1276
BorneTobyWilde

https://streamable.com/hdn9u
Advertisement
09-10-2019, 22:24   #1277
Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechwoodspark View Post
Nature focused. Nature walks. Attenborough etc type nature documentaries constantly on. Discussions on environment challenges etc

Eco hol is staying in self service holiday homes and doing everything in as green as possible a way as we can. Foraging. Wild swimming. BBQ using gas not wood fuel. Last one was courtmacsharry co cork. We are Not perfect but we try.
That is like nature voyeurism without actually doing anything. Do you recycle? what is the energy rating on your house? Do you limit the consumption in your house hold ?

How did you get to your eco holiday home? What did you forage and how often? for every meal?

Gas is a fossil fuel shouldn't you be using an electric grill?
09-10-2019, 22:25   #1278
ChikiChiki

Quote:
I take time off at certain times of the year to sync with my kids hols etc. can’t be taking time off here and there on a whim. But I do support the protests.
Suppose you touch base with the missus each evening? Gotta circle back and manage those expectaions.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...p?t=2058021335
Thanks from:
09-10-2019, 22:30   #1279
Busterie

Quote:
I’ve already said umpteen Times I’m not in favor of disrupting joe and Josephine soap if using public transport
So people working, disabled or deliveries don't matter, also the emergency services are blocked with traffic delays.
These thugs should be tried for murder if someone dies as a result.
(2) thanks from:
09-10-2019, 22:53   #1280
lleti
Banned

Not climate related but equally as threatening and harmful to humans is social media. How come there hasn't been any mass boycott of social media?

People talking about their kids suffering from the climate etc. What about all the depression and anxiety and suicides which is going to get worse cause by social media?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-10-2019, 23:26   #1281
lleti
Banned

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/sta...07924157227010
10-10-2019, 07:14   #1282
blinding

Quote:
Originally Posted by lleti View Post
Its hard to argue with that alright !
Thanks from:
10-10-2019, 10:22   #1283
jmayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
No you didn't deny climate change but turn about is fair play as you attributed allot to my comment that i never actually said. You seem to be waiting for a comment on farmers so you could explode, from what you wrote it came across as putting them on a pedestal.
Jaysus I know enough farmers not to put them on a pedestal.

Quote:
You don't see the irony in saying that your view point as farming stock is more important than environmentalist and scientists?
I never said that, but farming and say fishing are two occupations very weather dependent.
And if you speak to any farmer (particularly the majority - the older ones) they can recount how things have changed and how seasons are out of sync with what they grew up with.

My argument was that some environmentalists claim farmers are climate change deniers and that only them and scientists have any idea.

Quote:
As per my original point we collectively as a society need to discuss it and all options have to be on the table and no sacred cows. That is the reality of what we need to face up to as a society.
Yes, but some posters here like a certain raging vegan one want to obliterate farming.
Another spoofer who goes on eco holidays in West cork with his synced kids wants to turn half the county into a game reserve for wolves.

These loons want to finish Irish farming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
Does the continuing loss of biodiversity and the pollution of our waterways and the increasing reliance on cars in ireland not bother you? Or the fact we import millions of tonnes of maize and soy from south america every year to feed irish cattle of which most of is exported as beef and dairy? That sounds like madness to me and like we are destroying whats left of the island.
What fruit do you eat ?
I presume you as a vegan eat loads of tofu, soya based stuff, quinoa.
So is that not imported into Ireland meaning it is exported from somewhere else ?
So is it ok to export that suff from half way across the globe to us, but not for us to export beef, lamb, dairy throughout Europe and sometimes beyond ?

Quote:
Nature focused. Nature walks. Attenborough etc type nature documentaries constantly on. Discussions on environment challenges etc

Eco hol is staying in self service holiday homes and doing everything in as green as possible a way as we can. Foraging. Wild swimming. BBQ using gas not wood fuel. Last one was courtmacsharry co cork. We are Not perfect but we try.
You forgot the wolves.
Fook me you can't forget the wolves.

BTW why not use wood?
Thanks from:
10-10-2019, 10:46   #1284
PMU

wood is not a fossil fuel ffs
Advertisement
10-10-2019, 10:58   #1285
Jimmy Garlic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMU View Post
wood is not a fossil fuel ffs
Can't use it for fear it might be one of the trees he hugged , had to break out the gas gril.
(2) thanks from:
10-10-2019, 11:01   #1286
blueshade

Quote:
Yes I would bring my kids to visit them just so they can be inspired by them - geniune activists who will be lauded in years to come.

No not in favor of banning private cars and air travel. Just substantial green levies on them.
Oh how very middle class of you. You want to make air travel as unaffordable as possible for the working classes who save hard for a week away in Spain or wherever every year, but the likes of yourself can fly as often as you like because you can afford it, so you are somehow better than the plebs. The stench of hypocrisy from your posts is breathtaking, so much so that I'm unconvinced that you aren't trolling.
10-10-2019, 11:16   #1287
Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayo View Post
Jaysus I know enough farmers not to put them on a pedestal.

I never said that, but farming and say fishing are two occupations very weather dependent.
And if you speak to any farmer (particularly the majority - the older ones) they can recount how things have changed and how seasons are out of sync with what they grew up with.

My argument was that some environmentalists claim farmers are climate change deniers and that only them and scientists have any idea.

Yes, but some posters here like a certain raging vegan one want to obliterate farming.
Another spoofer who goes on eco holidays in West cork with his synced kids wants to turn half the county into a game reserve for wolves.

These loons want to finish Irish farming.

What fruit do you eat ?
So is that not imported into Ireland meaning it is exported from somewhere else ?
So is it ok to export that suff from half way across the globe to us, but not for us to export beef, lamb, dairy throughout Europe and sometimes beyond ?

You forgot the wolves.

BTW why not use wood?

Well then I think we both caught each other's point wrong, I don't disagree with anything you have said.

My main point has always been that their are fair weather activists who know **** all who want change but won't have up to the real life changing impact from it.

In my local area 4-5 farmers have agree to turn their land into a solar farm with sheep grazing below them, yet those who are apparently all for eco changes are against it.

People are going to have to be careful of what they wish for.
Thanks from:
10-10-2019, 11:19   #1288
Beechwoodspark

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshade View Post
Oh how very middle class of you. You want to make air travel as unaffordable as possible for the working classes who save hard for a week away in Spain or wherever every year, but the likes of yourself can fly as often as you like because you can afford it, so you are somehow better than the plebs. The stench of hypocrisy from your posts is breathtaking, so much so that I'm unconvinced that you aren't trolling.

Sorry now but I’m lower middle class myself. The air travel taxes would effect me and my family also. I’m still advocating them though. That’s the difference. It’s not hypocritical when I’m prepared to take a hit myself.

Im willing to make changes as I accept we are in a climate emergency.
Thanks from:
10-10-2019, 11:38   #1289
Thelonious Monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayo View Post

What fruit do you eat ?

You forgot the wolves.

BTW why not use wood?
I don't eat tofu or quinoa, I'm not even really sure what quinoa is, some kind of grain I think. I'm not a vegan though. It's about doing the least amount of damage, so importing and exporting food isn't going to go away, but if we change to a more plant based diet and cut down on meat, there'll be far more land to give back to nature, around the world.
Your beloved farmers are importing millions of tonnes of soya from south America to feed cows, and maize too. I don't care if people eat beef, I'd just rather the country wasn't one big green desert for feeding cows, and we can't even grow enough grass to feed them.
What kind of f*cking moron wants wolves in Ireland given you can't walk 100 meters in our so called countryside without hitting a road or a house or a cow? Obviously there's no room for them so why anyone would take a suggestion like that seriously is beyond me.
10-10-2019, 11:41   #1290
Plumbthedepths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
What kind of f*cking moron wants wolves in Ireland given you can't walk 20 meters in our so called countryside without hitting a road or a house or a cow? Obviously there's no room for them so why anyone would take a suggestion like that seriously is beyond me.
Had you a straight face as you typed this hyperbolic crap?
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion