Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos Iomega eGo 500GB Portable USB 3.0 Red €34.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Reserved one in Castlebar. Thanks OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have been on the look out for a cheap back up HD got the last one in Kilkenny

Great deal OP

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Already out of stock in Galway. Really annoying, I was looking for a portable hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Very good value, showed it to one of the lads here in work who's looking for a hard drive. Wonder if its a mis price? or is red that much out of fashion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Great BA, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Already out of stock in Galway. Really annoying, I was looking for a portable hd.

I don't think their out of stock, it's just their not receiving them till Monday/Tuesday, so you can still reserve:

at Galway
    Can be ordered
    for collection
    Wed 9th - Fri 11th February

at Castlebar
    Can be ordered
    for collection
    Tues 8th - Thur 10th February

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

I wouldn't hold my breath for one of these drives.
    The other 2 colours they come in are priced at €99.00 each.

Tried to place a reservation but argos system not allowing it.
    Freebee23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

out of stock cbar & gwy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

I tried to reserve and it just said out of stock, no reservation number like it normally gives. I think it's another 1 of those great deal no stock offers they are becoming infamous for.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I got the "Can be ordered" thing, I reserved it but got no reservation number in the email...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

phasers wrote: »
    I got the "Can be ordered" thing, I reserved it but got no reservation number in the email...

Same here, Think they've copped an error!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Wasn't able to reserve one - says "out of stock" at the stage that you'd normally be presented with the reservation number.

Shame, it would have made a bargain worthy of song. Hope some of ye manage to wrangle one at the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Great but it doesnt work, tried different stores, got mails but no reservation number or txt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Reserved earlier........just collected @ €34.99......Limerick Crescent store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

None left in Cork shocker :rolleyes: Good find OP but think it's probably one of those ones where there is a handful in stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Kramer wrote: »
    Reserved earlier........just collected @ €34.99......Limerick Crescent store.

Did you get a reservation number when you reserved it I got none.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

same here. tried reserving but didnt get any info in the email about the product itself.

Ill head into a store and try to sus it out tmro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Did you get a reservation number when you reserved it I got none.

Yep. It was in stock at the time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I've been looking for a USB3.0 HDD cheaply since I got my new laptop. Out of stock locally though. If anyone got a reserve code they aren't going to use in Limerick, can I have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Usual Argos deal - all sold out... They prob had 5 at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

anyone know of anymore hard drive deals? either portable or just external hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Its clearly a misprice surely. The exact same drives in Silver and Blue are 99 euro.

Edit - Smaller version in red 87 Euro - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9294738/Trail/searchtext%3EIOMEGA.htm

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Price is now €99 on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Just picked mine up, they asked for 99 but I had printed the email, after a little digging they sold it to me for €34.99

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

i have a reservation in portlaoise if anyone wants to try it, i can email the email argos sent me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

ch750536 wrote: »
    Just picked mine up, they asked for 99 but I had printed the email, after a little digging they sold it to me for €34.99

Thanks OP

Did the e-mail have a number on it because there is none on mine:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

yes it did, 1 was vailable in that store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

ch750536 wrote: »

Thanks OP

What did you say to them to get it for 35 as i have a reservation for one but it is a long drive to pick it up dont want to drive there if im not going to be able to get it for 35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

For anyone that missed this, heres an iomega refurb 500gb for €39.16 shipped. IOMGROUPSCH15 discount code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

What did you say to them to get it for 35 as i have a reservation for one but it is a long drive to pick it up dont want to drive there if im not going to be able to get it for 35

I think Argos are pretty good about these kind of situations. If you have it reserved at a certain price then that's what they expect you to pay.

Opr

Advertisement