Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[LIDL] Coca-Cola 2L €1.09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Don't forget the half price cheese!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The cheese is the better deal imo.

Was 2l Coke not 99c in Lidl and Dunnes last year, so it would have been cheaper.

I think it was a euro for a very brief period last year but since coke has gone up by 10 cent everywhere this is a very good deal. I'll be picking up a few bottles, cheers OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah when did it go up to 2.19..... its a treat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

What's the cheese like folks? I guess not much of a gamble for 1.42 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Cheese is not too bad in lidl well I like it anyway the coke is good value at that Price but I find the more I have the more i u drink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I find Coke these days to be very poor quality, almost tasteless. I really notice the difference between the pub/glass bottled coke and the 2 litres say from supermarkets. The glass bottled coke is more syrupy or something. More real.
    Used to drink a lot of coke but don't bother with it much anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

wyndham wrote: »
    I find Coke these days to be very poor quality, almost tasteless. I really notice the difference between the pub/glass bottled coke and the 2 litres say from supermarkets. The glass bottled coke is more syrupy or something. More real.
    Used to drink a lot of coke but don't bother with it much anymore.

yeah I agree.
    It was much better many years ago. My cousin who has fine taste buds for soda drinks copped on to them slowly changing the taste a few years back and has not touched it since.

Still drink it like mad tho, cans only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Yakult wrote: »
    yeah I agree.
    It was much better many years ago. My cousin who has fine taste buds for soda drinks copped on to them slowly changing the taste a few years back and has not touched it since.

Glass bottle or can is by far the best, plastic always makes it taste cheap

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Mathematically

Multipack Bottles < Plastic Bottles < Cans < Glass Bottles

:P. Maybe I'm imagining the multipack thing though - probably because people usually drink more when they have a multipack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Coco cola 2L is 0.99 cent in EUrospar a the moment

so that knocks your deal out with a whopping 10cant off

madma wrote: »
    Coco cola 2L is 0.99 cent in EUrospar a the moment

so that knocks your deal out with a whopping 10cant off
    Does that include Diet coke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Yakult wrote: »
    yeah I agree.

I get 3 2ltrs at the weekend. Drink em Saturday, Sunday and Monday. :pac:

A small bit overweight, but sure who isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

great deal timbuck2 will get there early saturday morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Bump 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Bump 3?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bump 4?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Was at Belfast all day so only got to Lidl at around 7pm this evening - all was gone in Dundalk (Avenue Road), except diet (plenty of diet coke). Damn :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Burp 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

There were loads in glasnevin today around 1pm. A separate pallet plus where the coke/minerals are usually stored.

Nice surprise as last time we went in for wine, it was all gone by 12pm

Advertisement