Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Put your board down' - Weakest Link

2»

Comments

branie2 wrote: »
    Remember the Irish version presented by Eamonn Dunphy on TV3?
    Had forgotten all about that.

Amazing how the human mind has the capacity to block out traumatic experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

branie2 wrote: »
    Remember the Irish version presented by Eamonn Dunphy on TV3?

Remember? Will I ever forget?

Anyone taking part knows exactly what they're signing up for. It's not like they've never seen an episode before they applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

sligojoek wrote: »
    Remember? Will I ever forget?

I thought it was cancelled precisely because it was so forgettable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Resverathrole

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Seen it. Unfortunately there was no board command involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I used to hate the way people were terrified of Anne Robinson. I'd have been more nervous about being on the telly, personally. The reason Anne wouldn't have bothered me was because I knew she wasn't particularly intelligent or knowledgeable. She'd regularly mispronounced words and names, showing that she had never heard of them before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The Irish one added even more stupid rules. One of them was that you had to let Eamonn Dunphy finish asking a question before you answered or it would count as a wrong answer. This was really annoying because he'd take an eternity to stop stuttering and stammering and get to the end of a sentence.

Agricola wrote: »
    God, The Weakest Link. I remember watching that while eating pot noodle when I was in college.....back in the middle ages.
    Oh come off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Seen it. Unfortunately there was no board command involved.

He was too busy spanking her arse with it

I loved the Weakest Link back in the day, thought Anne was very funny and I'm enjoying the daily repeats on TG4!

Anyway, to answer the OP's question, I recall reading an interview with a contestant and they said if you tried sparring with Anne they'd edit it out of the show. It was mostly in good fun anyway, Anne was never too harsh on many contestants.
    I guess just the audience would know.

I was never sure as well as to whether there was an audience or not. You could never see them either way. Sometimes you could hear them laugh

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I guess just the audience would know.

I was never sure as well as to whether there was an audience or not. You could never see them either way. Sometimes you could hear them laugh

Most of the UK episodes didn't have an audience. They have done a few prime time episodes, all of which had an audience, but the majority did not. The US one always had an audience though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

She was very funny at times. Especially when she'd take the piss out of people's jobs.

I wonder what the set up was like. Was she actually improvising herself or was somebody feeding her lines.

Advertisement