Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UTV launch-Future of TV3

Options
  • 01-01-2015 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭

As we have known since day 1 of the announcment it will be showing the same auld ITV ****e as TV3. In fact both channel will be showing Jeremy Kyle all next week.

Very weird Ireland AM this morning.

What do you reckon the future holds for TV3? Play TV, Psychics?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Couldn't give a sh1te tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Another tv channel that I will never watch.
    I suppose at least I am not paying for this one (as opposed to TG4).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

disgusted....lost a channel on UPC..will we get a refund??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

The lineup is rubbish beyond words, nothing of note for an adult male to watch.
    Kyle for the dole scroungers in the morning, and Corrie for the bored housewifes in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

And just like the programmes on the channel, we already have a thread on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

And for their big opening, they are starting off with Emmerdale

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Only watch ITV for their drama, Lewis, Mr Selfridge and the like.
    I'll tune in for those at least

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Keep that fcuking sh1te up there where it belongs in the ****hole province, nobody down here wants them on our tv stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Keep that fcuking sh1te up there where it belongs in the ****hole province, nobody down here wants them on our tv stations.

When you get your head out of your hole, happy new year to you, and your brain fart post too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is it in English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

It's posts like this that make me proud to be from Ulster. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Who is them?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's on UPC now - both UTV NI and UTV NI HD are already gone and replaced by the pre-launch loop.

Sloppy job really.. UPC could have either cut over seamlessly this evening or UTV could have simulcast UTV NI till then. As it is it's a whole day of programming wasted. Can't imagine people who watch UTV being pleased today!

There does seem to be a UTV Ireland HD though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I, for one, welcome our new UTV overlords!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

How can more choice be a bad thing? Plus Pat's back and have you seen the new weather girl;)

Chris___ wrote: »
    As we have known since day 1 of the announcment it will be showing the same auld ITV ****e as TV3. In fact both channel will be showing Jeremy Kyle all next week.

Very weird Ireland AM this morning.

What do you reckon the future holds for TV3? Play TV, Psychics?

I used to watch Ire Am for years, then it just turned into a fashion show, modelling cheap, **** dresses for tenner etc...

news item, models, news item , models.

borrrring

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Who is them?

Beach boys Fans, use this hit as their teme, they support Linfield and put up the Union Flag with loyalist slogans written across it.

We like the Beatles down here in the south

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

No champions league football on utv Ireland. That's gonna hurt

paulbok wrote: »

But..but... soaps, same saturday night shyte that's on ITV1, Pat Kenny!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Another tv channel that I will never watch.
    I suppose at least I am not paying for this one (as opposed to TG4).

TG4 showed the Dublin Leonard Cohen concert last night. Great show.
    Their coverage of GAA games is brilliant too in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

TG4 showed the Dublin Leonard Cohen concert last night. Great show.
    Their coverage of GAA games is brilliant too in fairness.

There are an awful amount of channels I'd get rid of before TG4. They might talk funny on a lot of it's programming but they do have a lot of good shows on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

No offence to UTV Ireland,but the way you have labelled this seems like a count down to the end of the the world.

Crappy Irish television; television; something.

UTV launch "TV" in 11 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Different from and yet just like TV3 really. Most underwhelming launch since TV3 then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

paulbok wrote: »

UTV (or ITV) dont have the rights for CL football after this season anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This isn't on saorview right?

ShaneU wrote: »
    This isn't on saorview right?

It is.. channel 6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

At least Denis O Brien doesn't own it as part of his empire.

Couldn't believe it when the Government allowed him to keep the stranglehold he has on the Irish media.

Way way too much power concentrated in the hands of a man with such a dubious past.

Murt10 wrote: »
    At least Denis O Brien doesn't own it as part of his empire.

Couldn't believe it when the Government allowed him to keep the stranglehold he has on the Irish media.

Way way too much power concentrated in the hands of a man with such a dubious past.

That'd be FG's "Uncle Denis" then... last time round it was ESAT, now it's IW (siteserv) and the media.

No surprise really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Another sh!te tv channel

God forbid we get a channel with some orignal programmes...but then at least it doesnt have tubbers or the big headed brenden o connor..who is soon to be replaced with an even bigger tool

Advertisement