Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mail order brides

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Ugh!

Its the same in most places in the developing world. Puts two consenting adults marrying for money into context a bit IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Its the same in most places in the developing world. Puts two consenting adults marrying for money into context a bit IMHO.

If you stuck Julia Roberts and Richard Gere as the leads, you'd have a pretty good Rom Com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Venus In Furs

Can't be any worse than Irish women....

*Sits back and waits to be torn alive
    Aw, didn't happen. Hope you're not too disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Can you use parcel motel? Would hate for my gf to find out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Not to mention servicing their husbands in the bedroom.
    I presume that was what the poster meant unless the hubby is into wearing nappies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

omerin wrote: »
    Top tip: Look out for the Adams apple before any purchase
    Pro tip: To prevent misunderstandings make it clear which sort of "mail" order bride you are looking for.

I think that I should change my username to threadkiller :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

So is this actually legal?

As in when you go to apply for the Irish visa for your new spouse, can you just openly say that they are mail-order? Or do they ended to create some sort of love story ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

So is this actually legal?

As in when you go to apply for the Irish visa for your new spouse, can you just openly say that they are mail-order? Or do they ended to create some sort of love story ?

Best to say you met in coppers

• Advertisement
Advertisement