Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumped by a Brazilian model

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

lanos wrote: »
    did you mean reiterate ?

Yes I did indeed, well spotted. I'll change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Thanks for all the replies. There are too many to reply to individually so I'll try and address them all here. Firstly to the person who is cringing on my behalf because of my age, I don't think there is an upper age limit on falling for someone and feeling a bit infatuated with them. To the person who suggests that she may be a paedophile, you are way off the mark there. There was nothing about her attention to my daughter that was creepy. My daughter is absolutely gorgeous with hair that is incredibly blonde. She always gets lots of attention especially from Latino types. I think there may be an element of her getting broody. Her sister recently had a child. She also commented a lot on how good a father I was, and I am sure that she was attracted to that. I am not obsessed with her looks. While her looks were the first thing that obviously attracted me, the more I got to know her the more I started to fall for "her" - not her looks. She is incredibly warm and has a quality that transcends beauty. I did put her at her ease, she said she was very relaxed with me. While she knew I thought she was beautiful, I didn't put her on a pedastal and even did the Irish thing of slagging her off a bit. She may have been sizing me up as a potential parent (even if subconsciously - but don't we all).

Someone asked if she paid her way on dates. No. But having said that she was an incredibly cheap date. She would sit over a single glass of wine for a couple of hours! She didn't look for anything.

When I said I don't think she ever had a real relationship, I meant in the context of ever really loving someone or allowing herself to love. I think she had plenty of relationships where she was just a trophy. She has been nearly impossible to date properly. It was absolutely infuriating at times. I know that she would be trouble and a real head wrecker, but she seems like a genuinely good person and the way I feel about her, I would have to take the chance. She hasn't replied to my last email from last night and I may have heard the last from her. I'll resist the temptation to mail her again so soon, and will wait a couple of days and just invite her over for a chat as we always get on much better in person, and there has been a lot of confusing stuff in all the messages since we last met.

Realistically, I know it will never work. I'm reminded of a line from a Billy Bragg song:
    "And then one day it happened
    She cut her hair and I stopped loving her"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Think i saw this movie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Well OP, I believe you. And you have inspired me.

If an ugly auld insecure bastard like yourself can pull a Brazilian model well then I'll just have to start chatting some Brazilian women meself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

IF, you re still day dreaming about her;

Listen, I wasn't myself on our first few dates. I found this lovely little gaff. Say we go to there on the second? I'll meet you there at nine, that cool?

• Advertisement

IF, you re still day dreaming about her;

Listen, I wasn't myself on our first few dates. I found this lovely little gaff. Say we go to there on the second? I'll meet you there at nine, that cool?

That's kinda the approach I will take for my last throw of the dice. My head has been all over the place recently due to other serious shít going on in my life and this episode really threw me. I'll give it a couple of days and then try one last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

fair play OP, didn't think you'd be able to keep the story going for 9 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭HughWotMVIII

She seems like a strong sloot but lettuce be serious here pics or gtfo. Also did you clap dem cheekz and pepper her angus?

Aware.
    irish son wrote: »
    Well OP, I believe you. And you have inspired me.

If an ugly auld insecure bastard like yourself can pull a Brazilian model well then I'll just have to start chatting some Brazilian women meself :D

:pac::pac: I got a good laugh from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

Is she still up on the dating websites so we can make an opinion of her?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

irish son wrote: »

I met a Brazilian girl not too long ago. She's living in Dublin and she said she'd never go back to Brazilian men. Actually now that I think of it, she was a model too and an actress. She actually had a small part in that Vikings TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Wibbs wrote: »
    The willy wants what the willy wants. :D

Nah, joking aside B, the chaps age may have little enough to do with it, it's usually the miles on the clock not the year on the reg plate. Now this may not be anything like a reflection on Bajer's relationship history, but on average and as a major generalisation, a man in his mid 40's might have had a few flings/snogs in his teens, early 20's. Not a lot of learning going on. Then meets someone at say 23, usually through blind luck rather than purposeful pursuit, that lasts for a few years but goes south, then another comes along that again lasts for a few years, might even end up in marriage. If said marriage or long termer goes south when he's 40, his overall life experience of the ladies is actually quite low and his relationship experience could be based on only two or three women tops. It can go another way too, where the horndog racks up the notches but his relationship experience mightn't even amount to 1. He can get women, but has no clue when he has one to build a mutually cool relationship.

Eh..... Dad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

RossieMan wrote: »
    fair play OP, didn't think you'd be able to keep the story going for 9 pages.

I think even the OP is believing his own story at this stage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭1stuey1

bajer101 wrote: »
    My au pair is Brazilian, but they are personal messages and I'd prefer not to share them. It's one thing posting about this on an anonymous internet forum, but sharing personal messages moves beyond that. But thanks for the offer.

Please keep up. I have met her, plenty of times. She is real. She doesn't have a dick. She is extraordinarily beautiful. She has a killer smile and she is really, really nice. The mystery is wtf she sees in me.

*Saw;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Did you get to marinate her anus?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Ride me sideways, that was another one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

South American women love us Irish. They consider us exotic looking which differs from what I think exotic looking is.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Redmen Rafalution

Don't know why there are so many skeptics on this thread. There are a lot of Brazilian women in relationships with Irish men. I am half-Brazilian and I know quite a lot of Brazilians living in Ireland. Many of the relationships fit the same pattern as OP described; stunning Brazilian women hooking up with average Irish men. I can't figure it out tbh. It seems like some of them are genuinely taken by the light Irish skin and blue eyes; others are complete users and are clearly in the relationship for financial security. I don't mean to tar them all with the same brush; I know more who are in totally stable, normal relationships. But it certainly wouldn't be unusual to come across many 'wtf' relationships either, moreso than in other communities IMO.

Brazilians could also do with being a bit more sexually reserved; I know Ireland has its own problems with being sexually repressed, but jesus christ they really know how to take it to the opposite extreme. The worst things about Brazilians is that they are highly religious, highly emotional and irrationally patriotic. The best things about them are their warmth, friendliness and loyalty to family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭threeball

After 12 pages OP, I've come to one conclusion.
    As a 46 yr old male you need to get the fcuk off facemuck.

threeball wrote: »

I don't see what that has to do with it. It was just the preferred messaging system that we used. It's also not really practical as the company I work for is heavily involved in developing apps that integrate heavily with all social media platforms. I am constantly logged into all social media apps as part of my job with numerous test accounts and monitor metrics and trends. This episode had nothing do to with FB. If there was a piece of technology that let me down during this, it was google translate. Due to early obvious miscommunications, I started running all messages through numerous translators and then reversing the process, but there were still huge mistakes made.

Thanks to everyone who posted the common sense advice and thanks to the couple of PMs I received from people who have helped me with translations and who have experience in this area and who understand the issues encountered. I also struggle to understand why people doubt me and think that I would invent some cock and bull story for some sort of amusement. My life is eventful enough without having to resort to such nonsense for lulz.

I am beginning to get a handle on what happened, and that is why I started this post. I wasn't looking for advice as such, but have certainly appreciated it and learned from it. I think I was just trying to jot it down to make sense of it and that has been happening as I have been able to view through different eyes - especially with the explanations I have received that explain some of the cultural differences.

I know she wasn't a scammer, but she may have been looking for security and for a man who offered her something different than what she had been used to. I ticked a lot of boxes in that regard and as a proven good father, that would have been appealing to her. I think I blew it by pushing too fast. I would have been better served by playing it cooler and accepting things as they were and letting her decide that I was what she really wanted.

I have received no communication from her today and I will leave it at that for a while. I'll give her a week or two and try one last time. If she's gone, she's gone. I'll just have to chalk it down. But at least she was mine for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

I'm just kicking myself for messing it up.

Well now you know the next time you bag a flawless woman to get her pregnant the first night you have sex so she will be stuck with ya :)

As for me im still with my worldie shes mad about me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

IMO - she let you go cos you got baggage.
    You admitted yourself you have a lot going on behind the scene with daughter's mama, you admit you didn't take it slow with her, etc I think that's another factor.

Maybe if she was a mother herself then ye would be ideal for each other.

She young childless nothing to lose.

Could you risk having a repeat performance that happened with your little girl and the international legal battles.

your daughter is far more important than her.
    She doesn't need you. she did wish you a wonderful life. move on.
    Your daughter needs you. Cherish her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭lanos

threeball wrote: »
    I don't see what that has to do with it. It was just the preferred messaging system that we used. It's also not really practical as the company I work for is heavily involved in developing apps that integrate heavily with all social media platforms. I am constantly logged into all social media apps as part of my job with numerous test accounts and monitor metrics and trends.

Your work in I.T has nothing to do with a prudent decision to not use Facebook in your private life.

Theres too much of:

He unfriended me
    She blocked me
    She didn't accept my friend request
    She's hiding fotos from me
    She never sent me a birthday greeting
    I think he's stalking me on Facebook

Facebook is finished for intelligent people
    Don't be the last to leave the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

Then my daughter's mother for five years and then a two year relationship which ended a few years ago. In between there have been a few other casual relationships.

But just a few posts ago (#91 to be exact), you wrote "I had a relationship with a really nice Polish girl for about two years which ended a few months ago..."

Something's not adding up, in the way that 236 + 124 = 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Steve_Carella

Was she a Brazilian model, or did she model Brazilians? Few bob to add to the retirement fund, nothing wrong with that. Well, unless she's already retired. In which case it wouldn't be ideal.

Well not ideal for me...but each to their own, I guess.

FFS how long does it take to get my post count to 50 so I can start using all the good features?

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

OnTheCouch wrote: »
    OP, I'm going to first of all reiterate a few things that have been mentioned already by other posters.

To start with the title: 'Dumped by a Brazilian model.' This is clearly going to attract timewasters and it would have been far more sensible to put something like 'Dumped by girl I really fell for,' if you wanted serious answers/discussion, which I presume you do. Plus Personal Issues may have been a better forum also. Anything with 'model' in the title is going to attract the wrong sort of attention, believe me. All you needed to do was refer to her looks in the main body of the text.

Secondly, as others have said, you seem to be quite incredulous as to why she would have gone for you in the first place. None of us know who you are, but it's perfectly feasible you have a great sense of humour and are very laid back and non-possessive. She might feel extremely comfortable around you, perhaps you playfully tease her or something like that, all of which can be very attractive to a woman. You might be quite direct and tell her where she is going wrong in English or other things. Especially if she is a head-turner, she probably tends to get men worshipping her every move, so implying she is not perfect can be sometimes extremely appealing. She may like the fact you offer stability and/or a steady job. If the part about her having an ex into drugs is true, she may not have had much of this in her dealings with men up to now. I think it was Wibbs in another post that said that although very attractive women get a huge amount of attention, a lot of it is from the same type of men: the player, out-going, cocky, direct type. You may provide a wonderful contrast to this.

Plus maybe she has low self-esteem, we don't know what she looked like growing up, perhaps she had relationships before where the men continually called her ugly or whatever. Possibly you suffer from low self-esteem yourself and are unintentionally downplaying your own positive points. Leagues certainly do exist, but I would suggest it is probably easier on the whole for men to date up than it is for women.

Slightly more controversially, given she is 35 and presumably childless, she may be looking for a safe and stable relationship if she does want to go down the family route. Plus you said she is not looking for money. This is likely to be true I'm sure, but the differences between rich and poor in Brazil are far more striking than they are in Ireland. While she may not be looking for a castle and a title of nobility, if she has had a difficult time growing up, even having square meals a day can be quite appealing. Certainly a lot more so than they would for an Irish girl from a working-class background for instance. Again, however this is pure speculation, you'd have to give us more information about her past for us to be able to make a better judgment.

From what you have said however, it does appear that the relationship does seem to be over. This may not necessarily be your fault. I remember a female friend telling me of an occasion where she went out with a guy and then upon waking up one morning just suddenly felt no attraction for him. But it was nothing he did per se. Sometimes love blinds us. And we get a realisation out of the blue that this person is not for keeping. As I say, it was possibly nothing to do with you at all. Others have mentioned the ex. Maybe him coming back into her life suddenly rekindled the intial feelings she had for him and this blew her mind in the wrong way. Many women have lots of female friends. Possibly one of them expressed a misgiving about you and she really took it to heart. This 'support network' can often help in making up their mind one way or another. Or as you suggest yourself, you were only one of several men she was seeing at the time, which sadly can be relatively common. Maybe she made a decision that one of the others offered a better overall package.

The thing with your daughter is rather strange. It's very hard to judge whether she is obsessed through insecurity about blonde haired girls (I assume this girl is a dark-skinned/Latina type) or as others have suggested, something altogether more sinister. This might be a warning sign whatever the reason.

I'll conclude by saying that the insecurity and game-playing may likely be an indication that she wasn't right for you in the long-term. As hard as this may be for you to hear now. Whereas I think women of any age can get jealous and be insecure, the game-playing should really be weeded out by the mid-twenties at the very latest. Well...perhaps I'm being optimistic there, but you know what I mean.

The Facebook blocking is also bizarre. It really reminds me of a similar tale of mine last year, I was seeing this girl for a bit, she was (in my opinion anyway) very attractive. Although we weren't really serious or anything and were still at the stage of getting to know each other. Like yourself, most of our communication was done over Facebook when not together. I was on holiday then for a few days and during one day I had no access to the internet until the evening. When I returned I saw she had left at least four messages. But it was all about her the whole time. Her issues with friends/parents/job etc. We then spoke and I told her that I was disappointed that she hadn't once asked about how my holiday was going and suggested that she should perhaps think about someone other than herself. This really seemed to cause a meltdown as she told me how 'arrogant' I was, deleted me then and there from Facebook and refused to answer any subsequent calls or texts. About six months later, I saw that she had 'undeleted me,' ie you can see their profile publicly. This is not the case if you have been deleted, so I added her again. She didn't really want to discuss the incident. We do talk from time to time nowadays on there, but I haven't seen her now for over a year. That one episode just made it horribly clear to me she was a complete headcase - or at the very least had huge insecurity issues, and was one to steer clear of romantically. Similar to the girl in your situation. It could be that you may have had a lucky escape here OP. Best of luck.

I think you've touched on some good points here, but you really haven't gone into enough detail.

IMO - she let you go cos you got baggage.
    You admitted yourself you have a lot going on behind the scene with daughter's mama, you admit you didn't take it slow with her, etc I think that's another factor.

Maybe if she was a mother herself then ye would be ideal for each other.

She young childless nothing to lose.

Could you risk having a repeat performance that happened with your little girl and the international legal battles.

your daughter is far more important than her.
    She doesn't need you. she did wish you a wonderful life. move on.
    Your daughter needs you. Cherish her.

Nah, that wasn't it. She was attracted to the fact that I was a proven father. She does seem to have been irrationally jealous about my ex, but it was not the baggage of my daughter. That was a huge plus in my favour.

Running the risk of having a child with a foreign national is a risk that everyone should understand. But it is not a reason not to have a relationship with a foreign national. In my case a prospective foreign partner will know that they should not have a child with me unless they are fully committed to staying in this country. They know that I am not a father who will just shrug it off if they decided to up sticks. So it would be something that would only happen a lot of planning and when both of use were totally committed.

Of course my daughter is the most important thing in my life. But that doesn't preclude me having a new relationship with someone. My life pretty much stopped for a few years while I resolved all those issues and built a new solid base for us both. But it would be crazy to continue to keep my life and hold and wait until she made her own way in the world before I looked for a new partner. I'm ready again now and am perfectly capable of having a new partner while still performing my main role as my daughter's father. I just have to factor in some other things when I am looking for a new partner. This girl ticked those boxes. She understood the necessary limitations imposed my situation. We couldn't just pop back to my gaff and have an unproven girlfriend introduced to her. My last girlfriend didn't meet my daughter until we were dating for three or four months. But this is a reasonable limitation that most single parents have to deal with.

Asarlai wrote: »
    But just a few posts ago (#91 to be exact), you wrote "I had a relationship with a really nice Polish girl for about two years which ended a few months ago..."

Something's not adding up, in the way that 236 + 124 = 360.

You're right. It was a typo. My last relationship with the Polish girl ended a few months ago - not a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I am so glad you aren't my dad OP.

On second thought, you pretty much *are* my dad. Screw you, dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

thelad95 wrote: »
    When are the schools back?
    Your white van getting lonely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭alistair spuds

I have received no communication from her today and I will leave it at that for a while. I'll give her a week or two and try one last time. If she's gone, she's gone. I'll just have to chalk it down. But at least she was mine for a while.

If you’re entertaining yarn is even half true OP, i'd say you are well rid of such a high maintenance hysterical soap opera drama queen, for both you and your daughter’s sake. Hopefully you'll be thinking a bit clearer in a few weeks. I would be taking any advice you get from the couple of resident walter mitty pick up artists embedded on boards with a huge pinch of salt.

Some dodgy used lamborghini is fun for a few days tearing around in LA, but an utterly stupid choice for day to day long term Irish family motoring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement