Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumped by a Brazilian model

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

bajer101 wrote: »
    I have been dating a drop dead gorgeous Brazilian model who is 11 years younger than me. She was also on the Sau Paulo volley ball team and dated the richest men in Brazil but she decided that she wanted me, a middle aged, Irish IT worker - is that so hard to believe? :-)

Google translate is a bit of a disaster as a lot of the subtleties get lost. I ran her recent email through Google, Bing and Babylon to make sure I knew what she was saying. She seems to think that I will get back with my ex (my daughter's mother - and that is another very long story). She's a bit obsessed with my daughter's blonde hair and blue eyes and maybe had a bit of an inferiority complex about this. She got in a strop when I "liked" a picture of a girl friend of mine who is blonde with blue eyes. She must have no mirrors in her house if she is remotely threatened by anyone. She is seriously the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. There's definite warning signs that she will be huge trouble, but I just can't seem to shake her from my mind. She is not only incredible looking with an ass that you could bounce two euro coins off - she has a smile that would melt you. I am completely smitten.

My missus is Brazilian,if you need help with any of the email pm me the bits your having trouble with and I will get her to help you out with a translation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Lol never met her just chatting on the net. She has dated some of the most " richest" men!
    Likes your blonde girl!
    But you love her?!
    Post a pic and we will
    Tell you who she really is.
    (clue, it's a man)
    Or is it you that is playing with us.
    (everytime I say the word I want to use the mods warn me, so Im being nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There's loads more sexy singles in YOUR area right now OP.

Be grand.

My missus is Brazilian,if you need help with any of the email pm me the bits your having trouble with and I will get her to help you out with a translation.

Yes but can you bounce any denominations of currency off her posterior?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

deco nate wrote: »
    Bull****, have you ever met her? Besides chatting on the Internet?!

Yeah. If you'd have bothered to read my other comments you'd have seen that we did indeed go out together and had some wonderful nights together. I understand people's reluctance to believe that such a stunner would have anything to do with an ordinary middle aged Irish guy. I too was very suspect. I used to be involved with a hacking collective that scambaited scammers and I was sure that she was one. That unfortunately helped lead to our downfall. But she seems to genuine and I am still kicking myself.

I am not some grumpy kid here looking for attention. I'm a middle aged ordinary guy who stumbled upon something special and just have to talk about it. It is either this, or I run outside and shake my fist at the moon and drop to my knees cursing myself for fúcking it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Omackeral wrote: »

We are only married 2 months..... Might ask to do this on our years anniversary so here is hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I am here looking for attention.

FYP.

I need to stop giving you it.

My au pair is Brazilian, but they are personal messages and I'd prefer not to share them. It's one thing posting about this on an anonymous internet forum, but sharing personal messages moves beyond that. But thanks for the offer.
    deco nate wrote: »
    Lol never met her just chatting on the net. She has dated some of the most " richest" men!
    Likes your blonde girl!
    But you love her?!
    Post a pic and we will
    Tell you who she really is.
    (clue, it's a man)
    Or is it you that is playing with us.
    (everytime I say the word I want to use the mods warn me, so Im being nice)

Please keep up. I have met her, plenty of times. She is real. She doesn't have a dick. She is extraordinarily beautiful. She has a killer smile and she is really, really nice. The mystery is wtf she sees in me.

All joking aside and if you're being serious, it's worrying that you keep referring to her like an object. The Brazilian Model with the great body and the ass you can bounce coins off. That's probably where you've f*cked up in all honesty. Parading her around like a possession rather than a companion. All very immature and materialistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

All joking aside and if you're being serious, it's worrying that you keep referring to her like an object. The Brazilian Model with the great body and the ass you can bounce coins off. That's probably where you've f*cked up in all honesty. Parading her around like a possession rather than a companion. All very immature and materialistic.
    I don't think he is being serious. But well said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 pug_in_tophat

She's probably an ex-model if she is 35 and perhaps that is the problem. She sounds crazy insecure. For arguments sake if she is attractive it's a bit creepy that she is jealous of blondes and your daughter is blonde. That insecurity will keep rearing it's ugly head.

She's probably an ex-model if she is 35 and perhaps that is the problem. She sounds crazy insecure. For arguments sake if she is attractive it's a bit creepy that she is jealous of blondes and your daughter is blonde. That insecurity will keep rearing its ugly head.

That's actually a very fair point, because it is not how I actually think of her. I think this may also have been one of the reasons why she dumped me. She was just so used to being paraded as a possession or someone to boast about. I'm still trying to get my head around that. But it's not how I think of her and thank you for pointing out how I spoke about her. I developed deep feelings about her very quickly which went way beyond her looks. I think what happened was that when I tried to tell people about how smitten I had become with her, the looks were the obvious thing to draw attention to. But that's not true. I absolutely fell for her and the looks and the body have little to do with it. I just absolutely fell for her. She's gorgeous in every sense of the word.

She's probably an ex-model if she is 35 and perhaps that is the problem. She sounds crazy insecure. For arguments sake if she is attractive it's a bit creepy that she is jealous of blondes and your daughter is blonde. That insecurity will keep rearing its ugly head.

This has caused me a lot of worry. It's as if she was more attracted to my 7 year old daughter than to me. She said that she was attracted to me because of how I take care of my daughter. The only FB posts of mine that she ever liked were of my daughter. There also seems to be some serious insecurity which I can't understand. Her friend sent me a message on the dating site after we started dating and my my profile was hidden! And she seems to have trawled the FB page of a girl friend of mine who has blonde hair and blue eyes. Definite insecurity issues there. I saw this before with South Americans when I worked in Mexico city. They are obsessed with light skin. But I really do not see how she can think this. She is fantastically beautiful and she knows it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I absolutely fell for her and the looks and the body have little to do with it. I just absolutely fell for her. She's gorgeous in every sense of the word.

If you want to win her back, the first thing you could do is change the thread title to, say, "Broke up with a really nice girl".

Or, for the love of god, just go "wahey got you all" or whatever it is you posted this in AH and ignored suggestions to move it to PI for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Mine is too.

High five!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

sugarman wrote: »
    Try someone who gives a ****e
    ah, where's the sugar, man?

If you want to win her back, the first thing you could do is change the thread title to, say, "Broke up with a really nice girl".

Or, for the love of god, just go "wahey got you all" or whatever it is you posted this in AH and ignored suggestions to move it to PI for.

Why? What difference will that make? How in the name of Jesus will changing the thread title increase the chances of me getting her back? I wasn't really looking for advice - I was just sharing something that happened to me.

This has caused me a lot of worry. It's as if she was more attracted to my 7 year old daughter than to me. She said that she was attracted to me because of how I take care of my daughter. The only FB posts of mine that she ever liked were of my daughter. There also seems to be some serious insecurity which I can't understand. Her friend sent me a message on the dating site after we started dating and my my profile was hidden! And she seems to have trawled the FB page of a girl friend of mine who has blonde hair and blue eyes. Definite insecurity issues there. I saw this before with South Americans when I worked in Mexico city. They are obsessed with light skin. But I really do not see how she can think this. She is fantastically beautiful and she knows it.

As someone who had a mother figure in my life who was jealous of me, it can cause some serious issues for your daughter down the line if your GF acts on these feelings in the future. It's subtle but it can quite seriously affect children's self-esteem. Also relevant - brother is dating a white American who is a current model (only 24) but she has professed a hatred of "Russian" women because a lot of them tend to be very well dressed and blonde. But the plural of anecdote isn't data. Nevertheless I was struck by the similarities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

The mystery is wtf she sees in me.

She obviously saw something attractive about you, chap. You keep asking yourself what exactly and "shake when you got to the bedroom", well, that probably freaked her out a little bit. You're probably a lot more attractive looking than you think. If you started shaking in the bedroom, I can only imagine how nervous you also acted when you two were hanging out.

It's a common theme with Irish lads, especially when we go abroad. Lads think that it's purely because of the accent that they do better outside of Ireland than when at home. It's not. Would anyone here sleep with a person purely because that they liked their accent? I don't think so. I wouldn't.

Some Irish lads seem to have just completely given up on even trying with Irish women. "They didn't want to get with me when I was young, dumb and full of...". Ergo, they are stuck up. These foreign girls(that I actually make an effort with, not a two am hail mary in a club) seem more receptive. Must be the accent and it proves that Irish girls are stuck up.

It's all bollix. Quick one. I was over in America on a H1-B. I'd a two bed apartment, so when my family and friends visited, they had a room to stay. Cost a pretty penny so I got in a room mate from Sligo and took up a two shift a week bartending job(illegally, don't tell Nodin).

Dude was a gentleman, great fun to be around and was extremely good looking. Every time we hung out together in the gaff for the night, having the few bottles or messing around playing video games, his phone would be buzzing. "Who's that now, Cassanova?" I'm telling you, RobYourBuilder, the Americans are made for the accent. And off out he'd be.

The lad barely had an Irish accent. His ma(mom?) was American. I, on the otherhand, do speak with an Irish(Dublin) accent and am relatively good looking too. But nothing compared to this lad. We met up for a pint before and after an Irish match a couple of months after we both went home. He went back to college, I made my financial cut off. He was all dour, not his happy go lucky - full of fun self that he was in America.

If he behaved like he did abroad, he would have had women interested him here too. Nobody wants to hang out with a big ball of depression, or, in your case, nerves.

He is in a serious relationship with a Dub now though. She'll sort him.

Seriously though, don't be putting yourself down and trh and gain some confidence. You seem like an excellent father. That's something to be proud of and is an attractive trait. If your body is a bit soft, join a boxing club and do some training. You will get fit and gain some more self worth.

Who knows, you might run into this girl in six months time again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

So, I was recently dumped by this amazing Brazilian babe. She was way out of my league and I have no idea why she was interested in me in the first place.

I'm not asking for advice or anything like that. Just sharing that I had a glimpse of ultimate happiness and now it's gone.

Enjoy the memories and console yourself with the fact she will possibly age badly...alright, she probably wont...but you can kid yourself to feel better...

Would anyone here sleep with a person purely because that they liked their accent? I don't think so. I wouldn't.

Yes, yes they would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

FFS - I just read all this $hoite.

I hung there, waiting for the punchline.

Maybe she has a huge, cleverly concealed, dick afterall or she's Michael D on a night out, but pfft - nothing.:(

• Site Banned Posts: 7 Gyrocream

K.

I think you should fukc off to be honest.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Get Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

she was so outrageously beautiful

What was she doing on a dating site then?

What was she doing on a dating site then?

Her profile said she was just looking for friends to help her learn English. The Brazilian community here seems to be very insular and she wanted to meet Irish people. I thought that was bullshít and that she must have been looking for a sugar daddy. But every step of the way she proved me wrong. From initially thinking that it was just a fake profile, to then meeting her and finding she was real to then waiting for the catch - she has kept proving me wrong. She does seem very genuine in most ways and it was eventually her personality and smile that made me totally fall for her, but I still can't help but feel that something is not right.

We exchanged a few emails last night, which was the first contact she made with me in nearly a fortnight. But her last email to me ended with "wishing me a wonderful life", which sounds like goodbye to me. I won't give up though - I can't. But I have to be careful not to come on so strong this time as I think that was part of the reason for driving her away

• Registered Users Posts: 23,656 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I won't give up though - I can't. But I have to be careful not to come on so strong this time as I think that was part of the reason for driving her away

Are you really 46? :confused:

I don't mean to be rude, but honestly, the above (and most of your posts here about said girl) just read like something I'd expect to hear from a teenager.

You say she wants to improve her english, yet she emails you in portuguese, and you're the one then doing all the translating.

You say she's a 35 year old supermodel. I have no doubt you think she could be a supermodel, but then one of you seems as insecure about yourselves as the other.

I really don't think there's much potential here for any sort of a relationship, and while I'm sure she has a lovely personality, it's overshadowed by your constantly banging on about her looks, and your inability to trust that at one point she may have liked you as a person instead of just being focused on your looks or your status.

I'd say let her go, there are plenty of other Brazilian supermodels out there, it's a big country, and they're not all as insecure about themselves as she was. Now all you need to do is work on your own insecurities instead of "trying to win this girl back".

Are you really 46? :confused:

I don't mean to be rude, but honestly, the above (and most of your posts here about said girl) just read like something I'd expect to hear from a teenager.

You say she wants to improve her english, yet she emails you in portuguese, and you're the one then doing all the translating.

You say she's a 35 year old supermodel. I have no doubt you think she could be a supermodel, but then one of you seems as insecure about yourselves as the other.

I really don't think there's much potential here for any sort of a relationship, and while I'm sure she has a lovely personality, it's overshadowed by your constantly banging on about her looks, and your inability to trust that at one point she may have liked you as a person instead of just being focused on your looks or your status.

I'd say let her go, there are plenty of other Brazilian supermodels out there, it's a big country, and they're not all as insecure about themselves as she was. Now all you need to do is work on your own insecurities instead of "trying to win this girl back".

You're not wrong. I am bewildered about the way I have fallen for her and I do remind myself of a teenage me. I had a very difficult relationship with my daughter's mother who turned out to be a sociopath who abducted my daughter. After a lot of international court cases, I succeeded in getting her back, but as a result I just seemed to shut down my heart and had no real interest in love. I had a relationship with a really nice Polish girl for about two years which ended a few months ago, but I was very luke warm about the relationship and always kept her at arms length. I think what has happened here with the Brazilian girl is that I have suddenly remember what it is like to love again and I think that is why I have fallen for her so much. I have probably fallen for the idea of her, more than her herself. She has awoken something in me that I thought was gone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ok, il ask.

How did you fcuk it up OP?

Easy peasy to explain that one IMHO. See below.
    I was just out of my depth.
    She was way out of my league and I have no idea why she was interested in me in the first place.

Both of those show an attitude that means game over, even if the woman is into you and tries hard to get/stay with you. Lack of self worth in a woman is a turn off for men(but can often be ignored for a while depending), the same in a man is kryptonite to attraction and long term success.

Don't get me wrong, I don't buy into the magical thinking stuff that believes "leagues" don't exist, they do, but in this case it seems the woman reckoned the OP was in her "league" or it wouldn't have gone anywhere. He dropped the ball, not her.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement