Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

How did the psychic know Santa was coming down the chimney?

She could feeeeel hiiiis presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

When I told the doctor that my crossword puzzle obsession was making me depressed, he told me not to get two down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I used to go to him but he tried to put four across on me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

He tried 69 down with me. I just could'nt swallow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭upupup

The wife has been Nagging me too much about my Flamingo impressions so I had to put my foot down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

I heard Liverpool FC asked for permission for their fans to take flares into Old Trafford yesterday as they thought it would help them with their title challenge.
    Apparently last time they won the league everyone was wearing them...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Dunno if anyone saw this in the news but there was a crash on the M2 in Meath today. A cement lorry crashed into a prisoner transport vehicle and the convicts escaped.

Gardai are asking locals to be on the lookout for 14 hardened criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

The therapist said I can get over my fear of buffets, but first I've got to want to help myself.

A man was in court to receive a sentence for his crime of looking through peoples' windows with his telescope.

The judge asked him when he first began this despicable behaviour.

"Well your honour," he said, "when I was just a kid my parents bought me this telescope and said I should take an interest in ass-tronomy. I didn't know what that was but dad said to his mate one day that there was some nice ass next door. So I pointed the telescope there. He was right. Since then, I have discovered quite a few heavenly bodies around town."

"Do you ever have an open house where I can come and take a look?" asked the judge.

"Out of order," cried the man's lawyer. Then his face turned red. "Umm, I've already been over to his house your honour, it's the other way round."

How do you order a pizza in a Buddhist country?

"Make me one with everything."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How do you order a pizza in a Buddhist country?

"Make me one with everything."
    But don't pay for it with large notes unless you have money to burn.

Because change has to come from within

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Possums, an Aussie story!

The churches in Blenheim were suffering from a plague of possums, and were struggling to stop them peeing in the doorways and disturbing early morning and late night services by sliding up and down the roofs.

The Presbyterian church called a meeting to decide what to do about their possums. After much prayer and consideration, they concluded the possums were predestined to be there and they shouldn't interfere with God's divine will.

At the Baptist church the possums had taken an interest in the baptistery. The deacons met and decided to put a water slide on the baptistery and let the possums drown themselves. The possums liked the slide and, unfortunately, knew instinctively how to swim so twice as many possums showed up the following week.

The Methodist church decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God's creatures. So, they humanely trapped their possums and set them free near the Baptist Church . Two weeks later the possums were back when the Baptists took down the water slide.

But the Catholic Church came up with a very creative strategy. They baptized all the possums and consecrated them as members of the church. Now they only see them at Christmas and Easter.

Not much was heard from the Jewish synagogue; they took the first possum and circumcised him. They haven't seen a possum since.

Breaking news:
    Guy shot with a starting pistol!
    Police believe that it is race related!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

50 years late but Donald Trump finally went to Vietnam.

Bilbo and Frodo Baggins have had their benefits sanctioned and are being investigated after it has come to light that they have been co hobbiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

The recruitment consultant asked me 'What do you think of voluntary work?
    I said 'I wouldn't do it if you paid me.

As I was taking a bath upstairs, I thought to myself...

This would have been easier if I'd let all the water out first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

I cant believe its pancake Tuesday tomorrow. Honestly, it just creped up on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

lbc2019 wrote: »

You're taking it well...

I nearly flipped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

lbc2019 wrote: »
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    You're taking it well...

I nearly flipped!!

If you go on the batter tonight, you'll be grand.

• Advertisement

Just be sure the night doesn't go flat!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ah for flip sake, forgot all about it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

From the frying pan into the fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Heyyyyy! What syrup?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

coolhull wrote: »
    Heyyyyy! What syrup?

Hheey!! Are you my mad ex girlfriend Ella?
    She was crazy!

Nut Ella

Rick Astley really struggles every Lent.

"I caught my twelve year old son looking up women's skirts today," I told the barman after my second whiskey.

"That's pretty normal for a twelve year old, isn't it?" he asked.

"Not on eBay it isn't." I said.

After my girlfriend had given birth to our son, the midwife smiled at me and said, "Do you have a name?"

I said, "Yes, it's Brian""

"Brian is a lovely name," she replied.

I said, "Thanks, what do you think we should call the baby?"

My wife has asked for a divorce after she found out I'd exposed myself to the girl next door.

15 years of marriage... gone in a flash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Justice has been served, There is a local thug in the Tullamore area called Carl going around breaking into peoples houses and apartments for months, but the gardai couldn't catch him.
    The weirdest thing about it is that Carl was breaking into peoples houses just to ruin their washing machines by putting bricks into them and turning them on, Really weird if you ask me, Anyway just read he was found dead in an alley after a drug overdose. On the bright side, washing machines live longer with Carl gone.

Advertisement